Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 472

Thread: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It really doesn't matter what you think. If you aren't prepared to defend your family, your neighbors or your country and its freedoms, then it's best you not get involved in anything too serious at all.
    Torture is not required to do any of the things you describe.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Torture is not required to do any of the things you describe.
    You seems quite confident of this claim.

    I'll wager that in 20 minutes alone with you, you'll tell me everything I ever wanted to know about you, your family and what your pin codes might be.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you still not understand that all world leaders of the day believed Saddam Hussein had WMD, or are you, like any loyal leftist, trying to erase the past and reinvent history?


    Remarkable!
    Notice how you changed the wording. They believed, as I said, that he had some left over weapons. Not growing and gathering. You have it wrong, and deliberately changed the wording of my claim. This suggests you even know yourself.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I agree. Some will never look honestly at Bush.
    Assume this is your confession and not a lame attempt to avoid the points presented.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #275
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You seems quite confident of this claim.

    I'll wager that in 20 minutes alone with you, you'll tell me everything I ever wanted to know about you, your family and what your pin codes might be.

    Watch out dude, he is one internet billy bad ass...Threatened to kick my ass if I ever came to Texas, in a PM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #276
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You seems quite confident of this claim.

    I'll wager that in 20 minutes alone with you, you'll tell me everything I ever wanted to know about you, your family and what your pin codes might be.
    His claim was that you could get that information without torture. In fact, we do get good information without torture. Torture is the most ineffective method used. Google al Libi to see why.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #277
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,552
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Assume this is your confession and not a lame attempt to avoid the points presented.

    What points were those? I asked for a concrete example of Bush lying and you gave me vagaries.

    You know, once the President has made a policy decision he's allowed to try to sell it. He can present the points that he thinks supports his ideas. It's not lying just because you disagree with the policy.

    By the way, lying is intentionally providing false information with the intent to deceive. Telling people what you and everyone else knows to be true at the time isn't a lie.

    But whatever, you know, I have no hope of convincing Bush haters of anything. Like you say, some people will never look at the matter honestly.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  8. #278
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    What points were those? I asked for a concrete example of Bush lying and you gave me vagaries.

    You know, once the President has made a policy decision he's allowed to try to sell it. He can present the points that he thinks supports his ideas. It's not lying just because you disagree with the policy.

    By the way, lying is intentionally providing false information with the intent to deceive. Telling people what you and everyone else knows to be true at the time isn't a lie.

    But whatever, you know, I have no hope of convincing Bush haters of anything. Like you say, some people will never look at the matter honestly.
    You're too kind. Growing and gathering requires there actually be growth. Gathering requires something to be gathered. This is pretty specific, as was the inappropriate use of intel: specifically al Libi, Chalibi and his heros in error, curveball, and ignore evidence to the contrary.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #279
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're too kind. Growing and gathering requires there actually be growth. Gathering requires something to be gathered. This is pretty specific, as was the inappropriate use of intel: specifically al Libi, Chalibi and his heros in error, curveball, and ignore evidence to the contrary.
    Just so we're clear....

    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #280
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just so we're clear....

    That silliness hasn't worked in the past and don't work now. I've linked enough how much of that is out of context. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •