Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 472

Thread: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Any chance you could elucidate on what it is you believe the word 'illiterate' means? I've looked it up and I can't find a single dictionary definition that makes sense of your post.
    There, changed it...Thank you for watching my hasty grammar.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Any chance you could elucidate on what it is you believe the word 'illiterate' means? I've looked it up and I can't find a single dictionary definition that makes sense of your post.

    Clearly I was reading it like this....




    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #13
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, allow me to translate what it is I think you'd agree with....After 9/11 we should have apologized profusely, and agreed to pay Dhimmi tax from that point forward to quell our guilt in being American.
    No one said that. That's a mother one of those efforts to skip the point. We have no real evidence that torture is effective. In fact, the evidence has always supported that it is ineffective and that other methods are more effective. Odd how some don't care want works, but just want to torture ( see how easy that is to do. I wonder if then point will be understood.)

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    It is weird to see Veteran McCain say torture doesn't work and is an excellent recruiting tool for the enemy as seen by the release of prisoner pics.

    Multi deferement Cheney claims it lead to Osama.

    Hollywood does the torture lead to Osama bit.

    Usual suspects claim the alternative to torture is to lick the genitals of those who attacked us.

    yep everything moving on time on target...

  5. #15
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No one said that. That's a mother one of those efforts to skip the point. We have no real evidence that torture is effective. In fact, the evidence has always supported that it is ineffective and that other methods are more effective. Odd how some don't care want works, but just want to torture ( see how easy that is to do. I wonder if then point will be understood.)
    In a CNN appearance, Former CIA director Michael Hayden said the detainees the administration said provided information on Osama bin Laden’s couriers were at one of the CIA’s locations that allowed enhanced interrogation techniques, not at Guantanamo Bay.

    Read more: Did enhanced interrogation lead U.S. to Osama bin Laden? | The Daily Caller
    White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Wednesday declined to rule out that enhanced interrogation techniques helped lead the government to Osama bin Laden.

    A reporter asked Carney: "It sounds to me at the very least like what you're saying is that the interrogation techniques cannot be ruled out as a critical and necessary piece to have found bin Laden. Is that correct?"

    "Now, I can't categorically rule out that one piece of information -- because we don't know," Carney responded before lauding the work of the intelligence community.

    White House won't rule out that enhanced interrogation techniques helped lead to bin Laden - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    A member of the US Senate Intelligence Committee has told CNBC that the death of Osama Bin Laden was a direct result of enhanced interrogations.

    “The information that eventually led us to this compound was the direct result of enhanced interrogations; one can conclude if we had not used enhanced interrogations, we would not have come to yesterday's action,” US Senator Richard Burr in a telephone interview with CNBC.

    As a member of the US Senate Intelligence Committee, Burr was briefed on the attack on the compound that led to Bin Laden’s death and believes the failure of Pakistani security forces to find the al-Qaeda leader sooner will be a strain on US relations.

    Enhanced Interrogations Led to Bin Laden Kill: Senator

    Ok, three separate sources, I wonder how this will be understood.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    ...to lick the genitals of those who attacked us.

    Please don't regale us with your fantasies?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, three separate sources, I wonder how this will be understood.
    One poor source and two nothing but posturing. That's what I mean about poor sourcing. Having a politician say something isn't equal to factual information.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #18
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    allow me to finish the sentence for you:
    It really is unfortunate that "advanced interrogation methods" actually work to motivate the opposition
    No motivation is necessary. They want you dead whether someone is waterboarded or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, three separate sources, I wonder how this will be understood.
    So the Former Director of the NSA calling for the warrantless wire taps who moves to the CIA during the torture tenure claims it worked... who is surprised?

    Strong supporter of BushII and ardent Republican from North Carolina claims torture worked... who is surprised?

    The White House is accused of not denying the troture story because the evidence isn't there and that gets stood on it's head

    Two other Senator's support Senator McCain's claim it didn't help... where is THAT link?

    Cherry picking 'evidence' not just for politicians anymore...

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bin Laden film attacked for 'perpetuating torture myth'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, allow me to translate what it is I think you'd agree with....After 9/11 we should have apologized profusely, and agreed to pay Dhimmi tax from that point forward to quell our guilt in being American.
    Allow me to translate what I think we would all agree with: You could not refute him so you had to build a straw man.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •