Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 251

Thread: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    04-03-13 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    458

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Good call, Mr. President.

    Joe Biden is ideal for this.

    Also, IMO, the tone of the OP is disrespectful in the wake of the tragedy. This country is crying out for an honest common sense discussion, senators with A+ NRA ratings have said everything should be on the table.

    There seems a reluctance from the extreme view to not even open the door to talking and sharing ideas. This is not going away, so bring your best ideas to the table or be left out.

    I think the vast majority of average hunters and gun owners will never notice the pragmatic changes. If anything, it will make hunting season safer for them by eliminating people who shouldn't have had guns in the first place (felons, domestic abusers, dishonorable discharges) The first step should be to get the NICS database up to date and accurate, especially military records. I'm sure every hunter knows of someone who doesn't follow safety procedures and is a little sketchy to begin with. Should something show up in the record that was overlooked, it's important that local LE pay them a visit and enforce the laws already on the books.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Get the mob emotionally riled up in a lather

    Take a poll

    Convince people to give up their Second Amendment Rights

    Profit
    Wow you are good isnt that what the NRA has been doing for 4 plus years now with Obama? I think so!

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    it is not a matter of unlimited gun ownership or unregulated guns. I am not for that by any means.

    I am however in favor of having a proper, unpoliticized discussion about how people should use their gun rights. And this can only be done if politicians stay out and let technocrats handle the issue and bring a raport that answers the following question: How to keep maximum availability to americans to exercise their 2nd amendment right while at the same time keeping society safer. No politician, Obama, Biden, Boehner, Rahm Emanuel, etc can do that. Why? There are many reasons why but the chief reason is because they are a idiots. And I am not using a slang version of the word idiot, I am using idiot with its real true meaning of people with insufficient mental faculties despite being perfectly healthy.

    Only intelligent, technocrat oriented people can come up with a solution to that question. And having politicians thrown into the mix to get political points won't do it. It is a right of americans and it cannot be politicized and have people take stands on the issue.
    I can see your point here I would have rather you said "the guys are paid for their position" because after all they are politicians and thats what they do. I would go along with that. However, thats a ver very short list we are dealing with here.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    You know, if we're all just caring about safety and wanting to get rid of unnecessary deaths.
    Why haven't we started with more alcohol control?

    Around 40k people die, every year because of some alcohol related causes (disease, accident, etc.)
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by mr4anarchy View Post
    Good call, Mr. President.

    Joe Biden is ideal for this.

    Also, IMO, the tone of the OP is disrespectful in the wake of the tragedy. This country is crying out for an honest common sense discussion, senators with A+ NRA ratings have said everything should be on the table.

    There seems a reluctance from the extreme view to not even open the door to talking and sharing ideas. This is not going away, so bring your best ideas to the table or be left out.

    I think the vast majority of average hunters and gun owners will never notice the pragmatic changes. If anything, it will make hunting season safer for them by eliminating people who shouldn't have had guns in the first place (felons, domestic abusers, dishonorable discharges) The first step should be to get the NICS database up to date and accurate, especially military records. I'm sure every hunter knows of someone who doesn't follow safety procedures and is a little sketchy to begin with. Should something show up in the record that was overlooked, it's important that local LE pay them a visit and enforce the laws already on the books.
    I wouldn't put money on the majority of gun owners not noticing "pragmatic" changes if I were you.

    i've seen thousands of folks who slipped up in safety procedures... the proper response is not to call the cops on them, but to correct them on their procedures.... but then again, I don't want people disarmed, so that probably colors my response.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You know, if we're all just caring about safety and wanting to get rid of unnecessary deaths.
    Why haven't we started with more alcohol control?

    Around 40k people die, every year because of some alcohol related causes (disease, accident, etc.)
    been there.. done that... it failed... as prohibition generally does.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Wow you are good isnt that what the NRA has been doing for 4 plus years now with Obama? I think so!
    the NRA has been convincing people to give up their 2nd amendment rights?... i'm thinking that' not accurate.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    been there.. done that... it failed... as prohibition generally does.
    You'd think these people would learn that regarding firearms, but apparently, because most people aren't "social shooters" prohibition of firearms becomes acceptable.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You'd think these people would learn that regarding firearms, but apparently, because most people aren't "social shooters" prohibition of firearms becomes acceptable.
    it interesting how fast lessons from history go right out the window... an usually, it's otherwise intelligent folks putting on the blinders...it's all very odd to me.

  10. #40
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Well, I'm feeling good now. Joe Biden is in charge. BTW: How do you control evil?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •