Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 251

Thread: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

  1. #121
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Obviously, I am not the most frightened, as I require no more than a shotgun for home protection.

    Glad to hear though that you feel banning of the assault weapons is no hardship for gun owners. Spread the word!!!
    dood...you can't even DEFINE an assault weapon. You just advocated for the ownership of weapons that are identical to your dreaded assault rifle. And BTW...I can put a rail system, light, collapsing stock and front grip on your "shotgun" and guess what it becomes.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,799

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Gun Control Polls Shift After Tragic Shootings But Party Affiliation Is Key

    I think a good number of people want to look at tighter gun control laws. So you are wrong here. Also he wants to look at other areas where we can improve. So our President is doing his job. I am sick to death of hearing about the 2nd amendment and how it give right to unlimited gun ownership. Plus ask any rational person why they need a 30 or 100 clip and the best they can come up with is maybe target practice. Bottom line the President is doing his job. I guess he had the pusle of right wing America more than most of us thought. Cling to guns and religion, and that scares the crap out of a majority of Americans
    There is a reason we are a Republic...and not a Democracy.

    It's to prevent those with your mindset who believe that those who have the ability to sway public opinion should have the ability to abrogate our Constitutional rights.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #123
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    dood...you can't even DEFINE an assault weapon. You just advocated for the ownership of weapons that are identical to your dreaded assault rifle. And BTW...I can put a rail system, light, collapsing stock and front grip on your "shotgun" and guess what it becomes.
    Sounds like you are good to go then! Again, I am glad to hear the proposed ban creates no hardships for you guys!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    so you ARE actually suggesting a magazine capacity ban would prevent these incidents? My bad...I assumed you were corrupt... Not foolish.

    I spent 20 years in the military. My semiauto rifles have 10 and 15 round mags. I personally don't care if the mags are 20 or 100 round drums. I oppose idiotic laws passed by weak minded people under the pretense that they care or are actually accomplishing something.
    So you are ASS-uming yet again. I never suggested anything more than your argument for 30 round magazines boils down to-

    They want 'em.

    Nothing more than that.

    My question is if you think mag cap doesn't matter to mass murder body counts then why fight the 20 round mag for semi-auto firearms?

    Your response was some theoretical invasion or fighting the Gubmint.

    You didn't address any of the points I brought up to include surrendering our military style weapons once we age out, but throw partisan parroting- corrupt, foolish, weak minded.

    No discussion, just blowing smoke...

  5. #125
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Sounds like you are good to go then! Again, I am glad to hear the proposed ban creates no hardships for you guys!
    What do you mean "you guys"? Unless you are sporting an old single shot Savage 12 gauge you own an "assault weapon". That's the problem with talking about banning **** you don't know anything about. "Weeeee! Look at us! We passed a law!" What did it do? "**** all...but who cares? We passed a law!"

  6. #126
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    So you are ASS-uming yet again. I never suggested anything more than your argument for 30 round magazines boils down to-

    They want 'em.

    Nothing more than that.

    My question is if you think mag cap doesn't matter to mass murder body counts then why fight the 20 round mag for semi-auto firearms?

    Your response was some theoretical invasion or fighting the Gubmint.

    You didn't address any of the points I brought up to include surrendering our military style weapons once we age out, but throw partisan parroting- corrupt, foolish, weak minded.

    No discussion, just blowing smoke...
    you are no different than Catawba..."Lets ban something!!! Yeehaw!!!!" You are advocating a ban...the burden of proof is on you to justify passing laws restricting people's rights. You know it is irrelevant and worthless...but hey...don't let facts get in the way.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    dood...you can't even DEFINE an assault weapon. You just advocated for the ownership of weapons that are identical to your dreaded assault rifle. And BTW...I can put a rail system, light, collapsing stock and front grip on your "shotgun" and guess what it becomes.
    More to the point it needs to be a gas system shotgun with a large cap detachable mag. All the crap...ahhh accessories you named doesn't make the shotgun anything but a bit more awkward. Key to this is detachable mag that holds the dreaded 20 to 30 rounds...

    Pistols have rails, lights, lasers. My AK doesn't have a collapsible stock, nor a front grip (I'm going to take a stab at this and say you mean vertical grip as most shotguns and rifles have some sort of front grip area.) but I'll wager it is seen as an assault weapon...

  8. #128
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    More to the point it needs to be a gas system shotgun with a large cap detachable mag. All the crap...ahhh accessories you named doesn't make the shotgun anything but a bit more awkward. Key to this is detachable mag that holds the dreaded 20 to 30 rounds...

    Pistols have rails, lights, lasers. My AK doesn't have a collapsible stock, nor a front grip (I'm going to take a stab at this and say you mean vertical grip as most shotguns and rifles have some sort of front grip area.) but I'll wager it is seen as an assault weapon...
    Oh but it DOES. It makes the weapon LOOK more scary and thus justifies labeling it an assault weapon and ban worthy.

  9. #129
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What do you mean "you guys"? Unless you are sporting an old single shot Savage 12 gauge you own an "assault weapon". That's the problem with talking about banning **** you don't know anything about. "Weeeee! Look at us! We passed a law!" What did it do? "**** all...but who cares? We passed a law!"
    "Assault weapons are routinely the weapons of choice for gang members and drug dealers. They are regularly encountered in drug busts and are all too often used against our officers. In fact, one in five law enforcement officers slain in the line of duty between January 1, 1998, and December 31, 2001, was killed with an assault weapon, according to "Officer Down," a report from the Violence Policy Center. The weapons in question—including the Colt AR-15, a semiautomatic version of the M-16 machine gun used by our armed forces, the Uzi, and the Tec-9 pistol, whose manufacturer's advertisements hailed its "fingerprint-resistant" finish—have been used in countless murders such as the Stockton schoolyard and Columbine High School shootings.

    Opponents of the assault weapons ban often argue that the ban only outlawed certain weapons because of their "cosmetic features" and not because they are inherently more dangerous than other weapons. This is simply not true." - Police Chief Joseph M. Polisar

    Police Chief Magazine - View Article

    But again, its good to hear their ban presents no hardship to gun owners! Thanks for sharing that!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #130
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "Assault weapons are routinely the weapons of choice for gang members and drug dealers. They are regularly encountered in drug busts and are all too often used against our officers. In fact, one in five law enforcement officers slain in the line of duty between January 1, 1998, and December 31, 2001, was killed with an assault weapon, according to "Officer Down," a report from the Violence Policy Center. The weapons in question—including the Colt AR-15, a semiautomatic version of the M-16 machine gun used by our armed forces, the Uzi, and the Tec-9 pistol, whose manufacturer's advertisements hailed its "fingerprint-resistant" finish—have been used in countless murders such as the Stockton schoolyard and Columbine High School shootings.

    Opponents of the assault weapons ban often argue that the ban only outlawed certain weapons because of their "cosmetic features" and not because they are inherently more dangerous than other weapons. This is simply not true." - Police Chief Joseph M. Polisar

    Police Chief Magazine - View Article

    But again, its good to hear their ban presents no hardship to gun owners! Thanks for sharing that!
    And it's good to know you want to ban a Colt AR15 but allow gun owners to use a superior ballistic round with equal and better capacity. It's sad you can't see how foolish your position is, but it's still funny.

    Oh...and it's also kinda funny in your zeal to post slanted rhetoric your own 'evidence' shows 4 out of 5 times assault weapons are NOT the culprit in police shootings.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •