Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 251

Thread: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

  1. #111
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Use the guns that fanatics have claimed for years are no different than the assault weapons, except cosmetically.
    So...a good old fashioned .308. One of if not the best all purpose hunting round. NOT a Bushmaster AR15 .223 (the ballistic equivalent of an M-16)?

  2. #112
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So...a good old fashioned .308. One of if not the best all purpose hunting round. NOT a Bushmaster AR15 .223 (the ballistic equivalent of an M-16)?
    Whatever gun you guys referred to before as being legal and being the equivalent to the assault weapons, except for cosmetic differences.
    Last edited by Catawba; 12-20-12 at 01:59 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Ever heard of the bully pulpit?
    So the president is going to advocate for additional federal legislation. And under which one of Congress' enumerated powers will such legislation fall?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You don't see other people's opinions as rational, color me surprised...
    When those opinion infringe upon my rights you're damn right we don't. Such opinions are NOT RATIONAL. They are emotional and knee jerk reactionary.

    You are not my master. Obama is not my master. You don't get to dictate to me what my rights are. The Bill of Rights STATES what my rights are. Rights that are not granted by Government. They are Rights that transcend Government.

    If you want to talk about taking rights away, fine, let's have that discussion. We can start with abortion which murders more than 3 thousand innocent children in the womb every single damn day.

  5. #115
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Whatever gun you guys referred to before as being legal and being the equivalent to the assault weapons, except for cosmetic differences.
    Right. Like a .308 hunting rifle vs a .308 'assault rifle' with a front grip. Or a scoped Bushmaster .223 hunting rifle commonly used by deer hunters across the country vs the evil Bushmaster .223 assault rifle with a grip.

  6. #116
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Right. Like a .308 hunting rifle vs a .308 'assault rifle' with a front grip. Or a scoped Bushmaster .223 hunting rifle commonly used by deer hunters across the country vs the evil Bushmaster .223 assault rifle with a grip.
    If that's the one you guys are referring to for the last several years. Here are the guns they are proposing to ban:

    the Colt AR-15, a semiautomatic version of the M-16 machine gun used by our armed forces, the Uzi, and the Tec-9 pistol.

    The point is, you guys said their was no advantage to an assault weapon over other guns available, so you can't now legitimately claim hardship if they are banned.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #117
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If that's the one you guys are referring to for the last several years. Here are the guns they are proposing to ban:

    the Colt AR-15, a semiautomatic version of the M-16 machine gun used by our armed forces, the Uzi, and the Tec-9 pistol.

    The point is, you guys said their was no advantage to an assault weapon over other guns available, so you can't now legitimately claim hardship if they are banned.
    Great. So you want to ban this guy
    Colt AR 15.jpg
    But will allow for this...
    59229.jpg
    And this
    R15_450Bushmaster.jpg
    And this (which isn't a bad choice...the police like it as well)
    SWAT .308.jpg

  8. #118
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    You are afraid of a name...a combination of words put together to give you something to fight against. You are scared ****less of a Colt AR15 because someone TOLD you it was an evil killing machine (oooohhh noes!!! It has a handle!). They fire in pretty much the same manner, have only the slightest ballistic differences, and my hunting rifle can accept a 10, 20, 30 round magazine or a double ought 100 round drum. And you wonder why we aren't exactly thrilled with you and people like you advocating for laws.

  9. #119
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You are afraid of a name...a combination of words put together to give you something to fight against. You are scared ****less of a Colt AR15 because someone TOLD you it was an evil killing machine (oooohhh noes!!! It has a handle!). They fire in pretty much the same manner, have only the slightest ballistic differences, and my hunting rifle can accept a 10, 20, 30 round magazine or a double ought 100 round drum. And you wonder why we aren't exactly thrilled with you and people like you advocating for laws.

    Obviously, I am not the most frightened, as I require no more than a shotgun for home protection.

    Glad to hear though that you feel banning of the assault weapons is no hardship for gun owners. Spread the word!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #120
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-27-12 @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    17

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    I'm extremely curious, as is everyone here I'm sure, just exactly what, if anything, is going to happen. I consider myself very liberal/progressive, so this might come as a surprise as most democrats right now are going ape-**** as 'prisoners of the moment'. What I would like to see happen isn't certain guns taken away, I would just like to see some more strict purchasing requirements. Also, I would like to see the gunshow loophole and internet policy changed. But as far as completely outlawing certain assault rifles, I dont think that is going to do anything to fix this problem we have. I have other things I would like to see done as well with this issue, but this is the big one I'd like to see.

    Here's to hoping Obama/Biden can get this thing done right. If anyone thinks I'm wrong or missing something, feel free to let me know.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •