Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 251

Thread: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

  1. #91
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well that is just plain stupid because the guns we are talking about are not military weapons but the same CIVILIAN SELF DEFENSE TOOLS our CIVILIAN police officers are using.
    Still trying to convince people you should be able to carry the same weapons as cops without putting you ass on the line like they do?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,632

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Mag capacity would be relevant If he had 1 30 round magazine and fired until he was empty and stopped. He reloaded 3x. Cho reload 9 times. Holmes reloaded a least 8 times. Unfettered. 10 rounds, 30 rounds...it is irrelevant. He was there for 10 minutes in that school with zero deterrence. The magazine capacity argument is idiotic. I can carry 3 15 round magazines and 10 10 round magazines, drop and reload each cycle in about 2 seconds.

    The mag capacity argument is moronic promoted by morons who have but one aim...pass ANY firearm legislation.

    You might more effectively address what to do in that 10 minute span between 911 and first responders on the scene.
    That begs the question IF the mag cap doesn't matter then why is everyone so upset if 'they' want to reduce the cap? If not important to doing the most fearsome job- one man killing dozens- then how many rounds per mag do you need to kill one man? Course that ASS-umes you can hit what you aim at equal to your speed in reloading...

  3. #93
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Still trying to convince people you should be able to carry the same weapons as cops without putting you ass on the line like they do?
    the stupidity of that post is evident. people are attacked all the time and there are many jobs more dangerous than cops. and when attacked why should I have less options than a cop

    I realize far lefties like you worship government employees But your comment is just mindless statist drivel

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    That begs the question IF the mag cap doesn't matter then why is everyone so upset if 'they' want to reduce the cap? If not important to doing the most fearsome job- one man killing dozens- then how many rounds per mag do you need to kill one man? Course that ASS-umes you can hit what you aim at equal to your speed in reloading...

    there is no reason to limit us when state employees are given 30 rounders

    and yes many of us are better shots than cops

  5. #95
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the stupidity of that post is evident. people are attacked all the time and there are many jobs more dangerous than cops. and when attacked why should I have less options than a cop

    I realize far lefties like you worship government employees But your comment is just mindless statist drivel

    How does a gun that you claim only has cosmetic differences, protect you better than other guns available?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #96
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    How does a gun that you claim only has cosmetic differences, protect you better than other guns available?
    you just don't get it

    you gun haters who want to harass us gun owners want to ban guns incrementally. start with scary looks you will continue to take more and more and more



    and magazine limits are substantive

    I have a great idea, if owning a gun causes you to lose sleep or the control of parts of your body, don't OWN one

    but stop pretending your motivations for trying to restrict what other citizens own given your motivations are based on a desire to harass people who don't buy into your agenda

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,632

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is no reason to limit us when state employees are given 30 rounders

    and yes many of us are better shots than cops
    No reason either should have 30 round mags.

    Many are better shots, many talk the talk, but few are willing to walk the walk, so when I outshoot cops I don't think it entitles me to anything special.

  8. #98
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    No reason either should have 30 round mags.

    Many are better shots, many talk the talk, but few are willing to walk the walk, so when I outshoot cops I don't think it entitles me to anything special.

    can you fashion a rational reason to ban honest people owning 30 round magazines


    and tell us what the limit should be (and why I should care given I am a far better shot than you could ever hope to be)

  9. #99
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    That begs the question IF the mag cap doesn't matter then why is everyone so upset if 'they' want to reduce the cap? If not important to doing the most fearsome job- one man killing dozens- then how many rounds per mag do you need to kill one man? Course that ASS-umes you can hit what you aim at equal to your speed in reloading...
    2 reasons. 1-because the second doesn't JUST protect my right to self defense weapons and 2-because some people ****ing WANT them. The like to shoot 30 rounders at the range and enjoy sport shooting. Dood...the absolute reality is that an average of TWO people out of 330 MILLION per year commit some sort of a spree type killing and NOT always (less than 25% of the time) use semi automatic rifles. It's not even a great majority...it's virtually ALL firearm owners with those 30 round magazines are responsible law abiding citizens. Considering the facts, it is is PATHETIC it is even a consideration.

    2 seconds isn't exactly speed loading btw. Mag release takes no time and hand to mag mag and round chambered isn't a great task. A 20 year old kid just did it 3 times with no one around to stop him.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 12-20-12 at 12:31 AM.

  10. #100
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,632

    Re: Obama taps Biden to craft new policies to curb gun violence in wake of shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    can you fashion a rational reason to ban honest people owning 30 round magazines


    and tell us what the limit should be (and why I should care given I am a far better shot than you could ever hope to be)
    Ahhh arrogance, thy name be turtledud

    Doesn't matter how good a shot you think you are or how bad you think I might be- mag cap for rifles set at 20 works for me... good enough when I carried the Mattel toy on a two way range, good enough now that I am a veteran. Nothing you can't do with 20 that you would need 30 for off a one way play day range unless the objective is mass murder but another guy pointed out you can kill lots of people with quick mag changes...

    Hope that helps you understand...

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •