Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

  1. #11
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There's no right answer but its interesting to see how so many people are readily willing to accept someone renouncing their citizenship over tax policy, ie individual concerns come before patriotism. HOWEVER these are many of the same people who will consider it an affront to liberty to give citizenship or residence to a poor working family coming across from Mexico for example.

    I just don't get on the one hand how they can cheer people abandoning their country, but hate it when other people want to be apart of it.
    Because it is France and we cheer when somebody sticks it to them. Not sure why--WWII I guess. That is just how it is.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Because it is France and we cheer when somebody sticks it to them. Not sure why--WWII I guess. That is just how it is.
    No I think it has to do with France's recent election and hard shift to the left, then a comparison is attempted between France and the current debate in the United States about how to tax the wealthy.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No I think it has to do with France's recent election and hard shift to the left, then a comparison is attempted between France and the current debate in the United States about how to tax the wealthy.
    Okay. For you that might be it. For me, I just like to make fun of the French because they like to look down their noses at us even though we are the ones who let them not eat rats.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Okay. For you that might be it. For me, I just like to make fun of the French because they like to look down their noses at us even though we are the ones who let them not eat rats.
    Complaining about someone's arrogance while being arrogant yourself doesn't help your argument.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Complaining about someone's arrogance while being arrogant yourself doesn't help your argument.
    Sure it does. I am American. I am free to be a hypocrite whilst I eats my Freedom Fries.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Sure it does. I am American. I am free to be a hypocrite whilst I eats my Freedom Fries.
    Sure, as long as being a hypocrite and a walking self contradiction isn't important to you. Some people choose to have standards though.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I'm lov'in it.
    Well done and thanks Gerard, for you further exposed the socialists for the vile parasites they are.

    What kind of message are the French sending the world?

    Do not invest here.
    Do not create wealth here.
    Do not create jobs here.
    You didn't build it.
    Your money is our money.

    Would you want to invest in France?

    Just brilliant on the part of the socialists. But hey! It will be a lab to show us how trickle up works... ROTFLOL... because Obama's 6 trillion, his business illiteracy and hostility and didn't make an impact on our Parasite Nation.

    These morons in France are screwing themselves yet again. This move of theirs is as brilliant as their idea to reduce the work week to 35-hours and make working longer punishable.

    That's what happens in a country rife with envy and ignorance... Socialism.

    The fall-out from this will be interesting to watch... or should I say the whoosh sound of France going down the crapper. Not the normal type either, this will have that jet-like sound of an aviation crapper.

    Paying punitive taxes is "patriotic"? Sounds like Obama/Biden idiocy.
    I'd exile them from France. It's cool, renounce your citizenship; but GTFO and don't come back.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Sure, as long as being a hypocrite and a walking self contradiction isn't important to you. Some people choose to have standards though.
    Like your arrogant attack on me for being arrogant (See how them standards work now dontcha?).

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Like your arrogant attack on me for being arrogant (See how them standards work now dontcha?).
    You're the one who said you were a hypocrite. I feel like I'm being trolled.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Actor Renounces His Citizenship in Snit Over French Tax Burden

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    The article is a bit buggy but yes, Gerard will not longer be contributing to the French treasury. Not that it matters. It is one of few people. And it is not like Gerard was using his money to invest in companies and create wealth. he is not a wealth creator. He is just using his money to live a very, very comfortable life. Much like most of the retards in holywood or who get featured on MTV (moron TV). Most of them serve no purpose but to leech millions and provide crappy entertainment to the masses.
    Where does Gerard keep his wealth?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •