Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 223

Thread: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

  1. #41
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,337

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Obama would have been good had he just kept it to the first 5 minutes, and not then gone on a political rant. This is going to become a crusade against legal gun ownership. That is Obama's only goal from this. What a massive pusilanimous fraud the Obamabots put back in office.

    I'll be right with you if he lurches in that direction, but for now let's see...I mean after all in his first term he promised to do what you say and then proceeded to do nothing. He is not big on keeping his word to anyone.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #42
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, and in listening to the President address the town people at the CT memorial the President said he will be in the coming days be sitting down with "Parents, Law Enforcement, Psychiatric Professionals, etc. to come up with real answers".... I will hold the benefit of the doubt and wait to see how this moves forward. Hopefully it is with practical solution rather than as you say fringe knee jerk.
    It is what you'd expect the president to say. And we do live in a world where people want things done at a time like this, but everything that might happen takes time, and people will have ample time to chime in.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #43
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think you are going to have to back up that assertion. That sounds like total bull to me.
    Where do they get their guns then?n Its a logical conclusion. Unless you are willing to say that these people are being sold guns illegally directly from the factories that make them? And I don't think you want to say that because then, the government would have no choice but to stop the sale of guns period.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  4. #44
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,337

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Where do they get their guns then? Its a logical conclusion.
    No, it was a dumb statement you tried to pass off as fact, and can't back it up. IOW Bull ****!

    Unless you are willing to say that these people are being sold guns illegally directly from the factories that make them? And I don't think you want to say that because then, the government would have no choice but to stop the sale of guns period.
    don't push this off on me pal, I didn't make up something and try to slip it in....That was you. And you got busted for it...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #45
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it was a dumb statement you tried to pass off as fact, and can't back it up. IOW Bull ****!



    don't push this off on me pal, I didn't make up something and try to slip it in....That was you. And you got busted for it...
    I am not making anything up. Gun makers, make guns and then sell them to legal vendors. Legal vendors then sell them either legally, or illegally to customers. Then customers sell them to other people either legally or illegally. Since we never will be able to control the sale of guns between legal vendors and from customer to customer... the only way we can control them is prior to being sold from the gun makers. Would this be a logical conclusion or not?
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  6. #46
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,337

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    to Capster78:

    This would have taken you 1 second to look up before posting that clap trap you tried....

    Ask a cop on the beat how criminals get guns and you're likely to hear this hard boiled response: "They steal them." But this street wisdom is wrong, according to one frustrated Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agent who is tired of battling this popular misconception. An expert on crime gun patterns, ATF agent Jay Wachtel says that most guns used in crimes are not stolen out of private gun owners' homes and cars. "Stolen guns account for only about 10% to 15% of guns used in crimes," Wachtel said. Because when they want guns they want them immediately the wait is usually too long for a weapon to be stolen and find its way to a criminal.

    frontline: hot guns: "How Criminals Get Guns" | PBS
    google is your friend.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #47
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,337

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I am not making anything up. Gun makers, make guns and then sell them to legal vendors. Legal vendors then sell them either legally, or illegally to customers. Then customers sell them to other people either legally or illegally. Since we never will be able to control the sale of guns between legal vendors and from customer to customer... the only way we can control them is prior to being sold from the gun makers. Would this be a logical conclusion or not?
    Nope, just more falshood. Sorry.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #48
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Deterence.. hahaha.. Well, if we are one dimensional thinkers, maybe. However, some of us can think beyond and rationalize the situation. Yes, you are safer in an ARMED society by being armed. However, if guns were not so easily available, it begs to question weather many of these instances would have taken place to begin with. If there were no one there with a gun, you would not need to defend yourself against it. Simple logic... All guns start out being sold legally to someone or some organization. It is what happens after that, that causes the problems. So the only way to control that, is to very tightly control, or ban guns. Those who obtain guns illegally, obtain them from someone who got them legally at some point.
    If drugs were illegal...........

    guess that didn't work too well

    find another tactic

    mine is-bad guys will have arms no matter what the laws, honest people better be armed as well

  9. #49
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Only due to the fact that countries surrounding them have loose gun laws or no gun laws at all. It is not the restrictions that are the problem, it is the policing of illegal firearms from countries that don't have strict gun laws. Just look at mexico and you will see a good example. They get all their guns from us.
    a baldfaced idiotic lie

  10. #50
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If drugs were illegal...........

    guess that didn't work too well

    find another tactic

    mine is-bad guys will have arms no matter what the laws, honest people better be armed as well
    Again, drugs are not even close to the same issue. And no, bad guys will not always have arms. The number of bad guys that have arms is directly cooralated to how easy it is to get them. When nearly 1 in 4 people in the states own a gun, there is probably a good chance a bad guy is going to get ahold of a weapon. In places like china, japan and many other countries, weapons are not easily available. Which is why crimes are committed less often and with less lethal weapons. The proof is easily searchable. Crime rates in countries that ban guns is significantly lower than the US (not including countries that are at war).
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •