Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 223

Thread: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    The cops and the military are the only ones that should own guns. And their should be very very strict use of them by police. Banning guns will not stop crime. I am not an idealist in the thought that banning guns will stop crime. There will still be crime, and there will still be shootings. As you said, you will never be able to completely ban firearms. However, by reducing ease of access, crimes involving firearms will be VASTLY reduced. Just as crime in countries where firearms are banned is VASTLY lower than the US. The availability of guns in the US makes it easy for any criminal to get one, that is the issue.
    should people like you be primary targets if your war on gun ownership commences.

    What your posts suggest is that you want an authoritarian state to solve a problem that cannot be solved as you want it to be

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Because the guns are given only to those who are conscripted in the militia. Not legal for everyone who just wants a gun. That is why.
    Look, the guns are out there in Switzerland. They have roughly half the ownership per capita as the US. However, many Americans own multiple guns, so the access to guns is virtually the same. And it is not just Switzerland. And yet you come back with the same silly line over and over.

    They are still guns. In households far and wide.

  3. #93
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Look, the guns are out there in Switzerland. They have roughly half the ownership per capita as the US. However, many Americans own multiple guns, so the access to guns is virtually the same. And it is not just Switzerland. And yet you come back with the same silly line over and over.

    They are still guns. In households far and wide.
    crime control is only a facade for those who believe as he does

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Oh lord, here we go again. As I have said a few times already, the war on drugs is a completely different issues with completely different circumstances and would require a completely different strategy than stopping the illegal gun trade.
    No. Its virtually the same. 'Because you say so' is not an argument.

    Making something illegal will not get it out of the hands of those who do illegal things ! DUH !

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    crime control is only a facade for those who believe as he does
    Agreed. Like arguing with a brick wall that has its fingers in its ears.

  6. #96
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Look, the guns are out there in Switzerland. They have roughly half the ownership per capita as the US. However, many Americans own multiple guns, so the access to guns is virtually the same. And it is not just Switzerland. And yet you come back with the same silly line over and over.

    They are still guns. In households far and wide.
    They are strictly controlled by the government, and if they are issued with ammo, I am almost positive they have to account not only for the ammo, but also for the gun. Probably just like the US military does. If a round is fired, then an inventory of the ammo would show that, and they would have to answer for that. They probably also have gun accountability checks. If a gun goes missing, then im sure stiff punishment is given as well as an investigation as to where the gun went.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  7. #97
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Fascist state, wait wait.... let me look up the definition of a fascist state...



    I don't see how banning guns is at all related to a fascist state. Please explain the correlation to me because I don't see it based on the definition above. Then we can debate that if you like.




    No sir, I am debating. So far no one has been able to come up with answers to simple questions as to how guns from major manufacturers are ending up in the hands of criminals outside of my conclusion that they are being retrieved from legal owners at some point.



    Did I say we should kill all gun owners.. where did I say this, please point this out to me?
    Well learn to differentiate between extreme fascism and friendly fascism with a smile. Police/military with guns and general populace disallowed guns is definitely friendly fascism. Just because some dude with a barrett or equivilant hat on isnt ordering the populace to do pushups doenst mean it isnt friendly fascism. Sure maybe the govenrment is in check now. But what if it gets usurped by any means in the future? You want the authorities to have guns but not average Joe?

    Fact: Mean spirited kids will pick on declawed cats over clawed ones.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #98
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No. Its virtually the same. 'Because you say so' is not an argument.

    Making something illegal will not get it out of the hands of those who do illegal things ! DUH !
    no, it will get it out of the hands of those who own guns legally, that then provide those guns to someone else illegally.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  9. #99
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Agreed. Like arguing with a brick wall that has its fingers in its ears.
    got to love these newbie gun haters who think they have some novel argument we haven't seen before. And crime control is the pretext they use to serve as a cover for what really motivates them. they have a grudge against honest gun owners

    it might be because they cannot legally own guns

    it might be because they are criminals

    it might be because they want people dependent on the government

    but its not about making us safer

  10. #100
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    no, it will get it out of the hands of those who own guns legally, that then provide those guns to someone else illegally.
    the idiotic counter to reality nonsense continues. lets punish legal ownership because someone might get an legal gun and use it illegally

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •