Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 192

Thread: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    It is typical of every non-democrat to think that every democrat is on welfare, or every one sits on their asses all day and just collects government money. FYI you are wrong.
    I don't believe every democrats "sits on welfare" however I do believe every democrat believe it's the governments responsibility to provide for them, and financially provide for them (if needed).

    I believe few democrats understand the idea of personal responsibility, individualism and self reliance. I believe democrats believe the solution to every problem is government intervention, and I do believe when democrats are in office they overwhelmingly trust to government to make decisions for them.

    If I was wrong democrats wouldn't be arguing for more social programs and higher taxes.

    I'll bet that 95% of those living on social welfare are democrats.

    I will say there are many trends that are generally exclusive to the democrat party.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 12-16-12 at 03:37 PM.

  2. #62
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    So do the american people.

    I'm an American and I don't want a tax increase on anyone.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which claim are you talking about?
    That would be:

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    BTW j, republicans ave been playing their way or the highway for a long time. I wish you were as upset then as you are now.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #64
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, you have argued the word wasn't subjective.
    Really? I did? Where? Are you making stuff up again Joe?


    You could have also addressed the issue that i responded to. But you didn't.
    What issue was that Joe? See, apparently you think you get to saunter in and control the subject, and verbiage. You don't. I started this thread, and set the topic in it, so either respond to that, or do us a favor and take your semantic word games elsewhere....They are boring.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #65
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    That would be:
    Have you not been paying attention? From Bush's false mandate to anything to be against Obama. I admit, you have know something about recent history to see it, that and not be a partisan hack. But there is plenty of evidence if one opens his or her eyes and look.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Really? I did? Where? Are you making stuff up again Joe?




    What issue was that Joe? See, apparently you think you get to saunter in and control the subject, and verbiage. You don't. I started this thread, and set the topic in it, so either respond to that, or do us a favor and take your semantic word games elsewhere....They are boring.
    Should have been could have and not have.


    Control? J, that's in your mind. Pointing out that a word is subjective and hardly an objective view based on anything measurable is not controlling anything. And I did respond to in two specific ways. I also noted you ignored them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Have you not been paying attention? From Bush's false mandate to anything to be against Obama. I admit, you have know something about recent history to see it, that and not be a partisan hack. But there is plenty of evidence if one opens his or her eyes and look.
    We have different opinions on the subject. By posting, you volunteered to participate in debate of the subject. So, lets debate. Provide examples and data supporting your view point.

    So far, you have only given your opinion, upon what do you base that opinion? I grant that it is indeed your opinion and will not ague that it is not. Apparently because I don't look up the facts of your opinion, you further have the opinion that I am ignorant. Again, that is your opinion, but I don't see from what I have posted that I have demonstrated support of that opinion. And since ignorance is a curable condition, please, educate me on the basis of your opinion, of which, I do plead ignorance since you haven't supported it yet, as to other facts, well, that remains to be demonstrated.

    Bush's False Mandate? What the heck are you talking about?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #68
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Should have been could have and not have.


    Control? J, that's in your mind. Pointing out that a word is subjective and hardly an objective view based on anything measurable is not controlling anything. And I did respond to in two specific ways. I also noted you ignored them.

    Yes, I ignored them, because much like many of your misguided postings, they did not address the topic. So, either offer something relevant, or troll somewhere else. Thank you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #69
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This crap out of the Obama lying White House is such Bull **** it is inexcusable. Obama tells you that it is Boehner and repubs holding up the talks because they won't give in to demo demands, yet when repubs do indeed cave, and ask that entitlement reform be tied to the plan Obama balks....

    We are negotiating with ourselves people. Obama has NO sign that he is willing to negotiate in good faith at all, it is his way or the highway....I say pass a tax cut on the three bottom tax tiers, and keep the top two the same, pass it in the house, dump it on Reid's desk, and go home.
    Both parties are blowing smoke up our asses.

    There are no cuts planned....the ones Republicans speak of as "budget cuts" are only cuts in future spending hikes...rather than raise the spending 5% they want it "cut" to 4%...wtf good is that going to do, its not a friggin cut in actual spending, its lip service.

    Taxing the "rich" as Obama wants to do will only fund the government for 3 to 4 additional days a year...an estimated $85 Billion a year....a drop in the bucket when we are overspending $1.3 Trillion a year.

    Both parties are a friggin joke and those of you that keep voting them into office are just as much part of the problem as the politicians who are lying through their teeth to us.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  10. #70
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: White House won't accept new tax offer from Republican leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Both parties are blowing smoke up our asses.

    There are no cuts planned....the ones Republicans speak of as "budget cuts" are only cuts in future spending hikes...rather than raise the spending 5% they want it "cut" to 4%...wtf good is that going to do, its not a friggin cut in actual spending, its lip service.

    Taxing the "rich" as Obama wants to do will only fund the government for 3 to 4 additional days a year...an estimated $85 Billion a year....a drop in the bucket when we are overspending $1.3 Trillion a year.

    Both parties are a friggin joke and those of you that keep voting them into office are just as much part of the problem as the politicians who are lying through their teeth to us.

    Well, I didn't vote for Obama brother....So I don't know what you are speaking to there. But I will say that we should all prepare, and learn our history to pass along to future generations, because Obama's 'fundamental change' is coming, and it ain't Kansas Dorthy.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •