Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #531
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,836

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Are you saying it's okay to profit off the blood of innocent children? Sure looks like it.

    Some gun shops refused to sale the Bushmaster in the wake of the massacre. They had common decency. Can't say that for the rest of gun industry or it's customers.

    Gun manufacturers giving out an NRA membership to anyone who buys one of their guns is a kickback, not a donation. Giving the NRA a dollar for every gun sold is a kickback and not a donation. The NRA makes more money from promoting the gun manufacturer's products, than they do memberships. In return, they absorb and blow off the criticism and public outrage.

    What do you care about how many die, you're too busy fondling your gun and playing with it's accessories.

    Well, who would you suggest the article quote, Mr. La Pierre?

    Ok, we are done with this. Your standpoint is clear. You don't think anyone should be able to own a gun, and I believe that responsible gun ownership is my right. You want to take that away, and any dishonesty, demonizing, or downright manipulation of facts that serves your ends of doing such is not only accepted by you, but warranted, and proper.

    We will never agree on this issue, and frankly I do not understand your willingness to so cavalierly give up your own rights, or think that you presume to tell me what I should give up, but hey, it is your opinion. I just don't care anymore to discuss it with you, because it has no resolution between us, therefore why? What's the point?

    Have a good night.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #532
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,475

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, we are done with this. Your standpoint is clear. You don't think anyone should be able to own a gun,
    I didn't say that, so how could it be clear?

    and I believe that responsible gun ownership is my right. You want to take that away, and any dishonesty, demonizing, or downright manipulation of facts that serves your ends of doing such is not only accepted by you, but warranted, and proper.
    There you go again, lying about what I said and telling me what I believe or want.

    We will never agree on this issue, and frankly I do not understand your willingness to so cavalierly give up your own rights, or think that you presume to tell me what I should give up, but hey, it is your opinion. I just don't care anymore to discuss it with you, because it has no resolution between us, therefore why? What's the point?

    Have a good night.
    Okay, thats fine with me since you seem to have been arguing both sides of the argument all by yourself anyway. Classic strawman if ever I did see one....but to see you work yourself up into frenzy while you're doing it....was priceless. LOL

  3. #533
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,825

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If you want to play semantics you're talking to the wrong person. My focus in on the gun manufacturers and their front group, the NRA. Now if you want to discuss the billions they reap in after each massacre and their show of indifference, then we'll talk. Otherwise, I'm not interested.
    I'm not sure what there is to discuss there.
    Some nut kills a bunch of people, other people get scared and buy guns to protect themselves.

    The gun manufacturers make guns, so they profit.
    The NRA is a gun ownership club of sorts (very generalized way of putting it I guess), and thus they profit (although to a lesser degree).

    That's the extent of the thing, so what discussion is necessary?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #534
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,836

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I didn't say that, so how could it be clear?

    I didn't say that you expressly said those words. This was the conclusion I came to from reading your body of posting.

    There you go again, lying about what I said and telling me what I believe or want.
    Well, it's real easy if you answer a simple question...Do you believe that there is such a thing as responsible gun ownership?

    Okay, thats fine with me since you seem to have been arguing both sides of the argument all by yourself anyway.
    How's that? I think I was pretty clear in that I am for the 2nd amendment not being infringed by reactionaries....

    Classic strawman if ever I did see one....but to see you work yourself up into frenzy while you're doing it....was priceless. LOL
    Strawman? where? Maybe I can clear it up for you. And 'frenzy'? I assure you ma'am I don't get worked up typing to anonymous people on the internet, I approach it as entertainment as rational people should, maybe this is a bit of liberal projection at work once again.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #535
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    02-08-13 @ 10:14 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    843

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    this carnage points to the importance of death penalty..
    ***BOGGLE***


  6. #536
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,940

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who could be sure? So many new laws, and or regulations are passed these days whenever they feel the need to slip them in, that IMHO, it is just getting to the point of, if we don't like what you are doing, living, owning, etc., we will find a way to say you are breaking the law.....
    Agreed,
    but this is about gun control laws and should they be looked into or not. IMHO according to the track record they should be at least looked at.

    As far as "if we don't like what you are doing, living or owning we will find away to say you are breaking the law."
    Old news there is a list but it's quite long , how about the fact that you can not own a resturant for smokers only?, From there it get's well a little crazy.

    However, what are we to do, make out your protest sign I'll meet you in D. C.?
    Been there done that for Civil Rights and the War in Nam.
    I'm a bit old to be taking nightsticks to the head, but you are welcome to try with my blessings.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #537
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,940

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Irrelevant.



    That is an illegal straw purchase and the seller who sold the weapon to the child is responsible. Not the dealer. The kid (depending on age) is also responsible as ignorance of the law is no excuse.



    Just a huge incoherent bunch of nothing at this point. Can't even respond to that nonsense.
    IRRELEVANT???
    Excuse me, but I think defending a law that you don't know how it's enforced is quite RELLEVANT.

    I will admit my mistake I should have said seller not dealer or manufacturer.

    However to protect the current gun control laws from being even looked into on one hand and to say how background checks are made is IRRELEVANT ON THE OTHER WELL?
    Am I missing something?

    I was making a point if you missed it call it nothing , but I know what it was.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  8. #538
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,940

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Correct, I am not at all familiar with the details of how a gun store owner runs a background check. What is your point?

    Of course not. I never said anything that even hinted at suggesting such. Are you sure you're reading my posts? And stop shouting.

    In descending order of guilt: Mainly the fault of the person who shot the now-dead person, secondly the fault of the adult who illegally sold firearms to the child, and last/least the fault of the kid. OR so I would look at it, if such an unlikely situation occurred.

    Depends on the circumstances.

    I've answered this question already. Do you even read my posts?
    My point is but one if I was defending the right for a law to remain the same at least I would know how such a law was enforced.

    That is all I have to say to you sir.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  9. #539
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,940

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What is the purpose of this sentence?

    I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

    Accuse you of something?

    I just guessed that it might have been you, I had no idea, and I don't really care.
    Well you don't know how a gun store owner runs a background check, and evidently you don't care.

    You guessed it was me but when proven wrong it was the old "I DON'T REALLY CARE"
    When I make a mistake I admit it and try to correct it this "don't care" crap ain't my style.

    If you never sent another post to me I think I might borrow from your post "quoteing here"" I DON'T REALLY CARE".

    In short if you don't care STEP OFF.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  10. #540
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,825

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Well you don't know how a gun store owner runs a background check, and evidently you don't care.

    You guessed it was me but when proven wrong it was the old "I DON'T REALLY CARE"
    When I make a mistake I admit it and try to correct it this "don't care" crap ain't my style.

    If you never sent another post to me I think I might borrow from your post "quoteing here"" I DON'T REALLY CARE".

    In short if you don't care STEP OFF.
    You are a strange person.

    How do you read all this stuff in my posts that I don't say?

    Not a single one of the statements above is correct or accurate in any way.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •