Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #511
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Complete and utter lunacy. No one "bought" a weapon to kill "hundreds" of people. It was a lone gunman who stole a weapon to kill as many defenseless people as he could. Your strawman is just that.
    Virginia Tech ring any bells? Fort Hood? Colombine? ding, ding, ding....



    Before or after the shooting?
    After, of course. Just like Feinstein trying to sell Freedom Group after the fact. Apparently, he and his board of directors had a round table meeting after the Newtown massacre to decide how to respond. Should they donate money to Newtown and the victims, or should they invest in the mental healthcare system...or should they try to distance themselves and sell Freedom Group? Guess what they decided to do?



    Probably the same reason I did not, it has nothing to do with him or me. Or any other gun manufacturer.
    Right, you're just an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire. The blame should go where it belongs....the gun manufacturers who make billions after every massacre. That's quite an incentive to keep the killings going. So they pay the NRA to absorb the fallout so they don't have to. And the killings just keep on a going and going and going.....

  2. #512
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Just because ten or ten thousand people think something should be done, does not mean that it actually needs to be done. That's all I'm saying here, and there is no assumption involved.

    Not only do I not know anything about said law, I didn't even know a change in law was passed, until it was mentioned in this thread, by you I think. But my point was never that said new law did nothing, but rather that you had no way of knowing it did something, thus claiming it as an example to follow was invalid. And since I never watch TV even if it did show up there I wouldn't have seen it.

    That is perfectly reasonable. But it is still only your opinion.

    I have no idea what your last line is about.
    Unless I am mistaken about federal laws of American politics and people a majority rules.
    Now when they passed a law that I couldn't smoke in a resturant I did not whine about it I just accepted that's what the majority wants or the law would not be enforced.
    America is a nation ruled by certain laws you know.

    True, I had no way of knowing this new law did something.
    However you have no way of knowing it did nothing.

    What's your point?

    My last line was about history look it up sometime.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  3. #513
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Virginia Tech ring any bells? Fort Hood? Colombine? ding, ding, ding....
    Virginia tech was a pistol, not an assault rifle. His mental problems made it illegal for him to buy a weapon. Columbine were shotguns and a 9mm carbine, not an assault rifle. All gotten illegally through a straw purchase. Fort Hood was a military base with soldiers who have REAL assault weapons, nothing to be purchased. It was also the only one where a REAL assault rifle was used. Ding, Ding... DONG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    After, of course. Just like Feinstein trying to sell Freedom Group after the fact. Apparently, he and his board of directors had a round table meeting after the Newtown massacre to decide how to respond. Should they donate money to Newtown and the victims, or should they invest in the mental healthcare system...or should they try to distance themselves and sell Freedom Group? Guess what they decided to do?
    After the shooting of course. So they have blood on there hands too right? All the twisting and turning in the world will not change that according to your silly incorrect reasoning.

    So your strawman is not only irrelevant, it was a thinly veiled hit piece that tried desperately to ignore the facts..

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Right, you're just an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire. The blame should go where it belongs....the gun manufacturers who make billions after every massacre. That's quite an incentive to keep the killings going. So they pay the NRA to absorb the fallout so they don't have to. And the killings just keep on a going and going and going.....
    This is typical of dumb liberals that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. The only one to blame here is the person who pulled the trigger. All your strawman arguments and wanting to shift the blame away from where it belongs will not change this.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-05-13 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #514
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Unless I am mistaken about federal laws of American politics and people a majority rules.
    Now when they passed a law that I couldn't smoke in a resturant I did not whine about it I just accepted that's what the majority wants or the law would not be enforced.
    America is a nation ruled by certain laws you know.
    Doesn't matter. The entire population of the world could all think that X should be done, but that only means everyone somehow has the same opinion. It does not necessarily mean that X is necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    True, I had no way of knowing this new law did something.
    However you have no way of knowing it did nothing.

    What's your point?
    That is my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    My last line was about history look it up sometime.
    Sigh.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #515
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What on earth gave you that idea?

    If said person got the gun illegally, then that illegal gun sale is slightly at fault - But if the sale was legal, I don't see how the seller is supposed to know the buyer was planning to commit a crime with the weapon.

    Different situation. Weapons-grade nuclear material is (or supposedly is) closely monitored, and treaties govern it's proliferation and use. Even so, the majority of the blame of course lies with the entity who used said weapon, rather than the entity who provided the weapon or the materials to make it.

    It's been a few years. Not sure how it bears on this...discussion.
    post 503, "I have no idea how gun dealers run a background check" your words are they not?

    So if a young person wants a job as a policeman the police academy should just hire him after all if he's clean cut and dress neat and pays cash WELL??

    So if a person bought a gun legally or say a bunch of guns legally and sold them to a second party and the second party a kid who knew nothing about guns it's the kids fault if somebody winds up dead?

    Odd , if a kid breaks out a car window and is caught the parent pays, if a kid kills somebody it's the kids fault.

    This is 2013 NOT 1776,BUT I'M SURE THE WORD LAWFULLY MEANT THE SAME THEN AS IT DOES NOW.

    You have read the 2nd amendment?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  6. #516
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Virginia tech was a pistol, not an assault rifle. His mental problems made it illegal for him to buy a weapon. Columbine were shotguns and a 9mm carbine, not an assault rifle. All gotten illegally through a straw purchase. Fort Hood was a military base with soldiers who have REAL assault weapons, nothing to be purchased. It was also the only one where a REAL assault rifle was used. Ding, Ding... DONG.



    After the shooting of course. So they have blood on there hands too right? All the twisting and turning in the world will not change that.

    So your strawman is not only irrelevant, it was a thinly veiled hit piece that tried desperately to ignore the facts..

    This is typical of dumb ass liberals that don't know there ass from a hole in the ground. The only one to blame here is the person who pulled the trigger. All your strawman arguments and wanting to shift the blame away from where it belongs will not change this.
    Ad hominem attacks, lame excuses and blaming liberals isn't helping your argument very much. Just sayin.

  7. #517
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    post 503, "I have no idea how gun dealers run a background check" your words are they not?

    So if a young person wants a job as a policeman the police academy should just hire him after all if he's clean cut and dress neat and pays cash WELL??
    Irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    So if a person bought a gun legally or say a bunch of guns legally and sold them to a second party and the second party a kid who knew nothing about guns it's the kids fault if somebody winds up dead?
    That is an illegal straw purchase and the seller who sold the weapon to the child is responsible. Not the dealer. The kid (depending on age) is also responsible as ignorance of the law is no excuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Odd , if a kid breaks out a car window and is caught the parent pays, if a kid kills somebody it's the kids fault.

    This is 2013 NOT 1776,BUT I'M SURE THE WORD LAWFULLY MEANT THE SAME THEN AS IT DOES NOW.

    You have read the 2nd amendment?
    Just a huge incoherent bunch of nothing at this point. Can't even respond to that nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #518
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Ad hominem attacks, lame excuses and blaming liberals isn't helping your argument very much. Just sayin.
    Hehehehe! So you got nothing. I will consider your running away and complaining about an ad-hom I did not make against you as your concession.

    It figures Boo would thank the post, LMAO!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-05-13 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #519
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Your premise is silly and stupid. Few if anyone would buy a hammer with the intent to kill hundreds of people. No, they buy a gun. doh!

    "Few if anyone"? You know this for a fact? Let's see some stats to back you up...Oh, and I didn't say "hundreds" that was your hyperbole....Newton didn't involve "hundreds" either.

    California Teachers retirement system is no longer investing in Freedom Group or any company that makes assault weapons...or so they said.
    Very important highlight there...And oh yeah, they no longer invest because the hedge fund sent their money back to them.....

    The question still stands: why didn't Stephen A. Feinberg owner of Freedom Group and maker of the Bushmaster AR-15 send his condolences to the Newtown victim's families? Or the fireman's families? Stay tuned for more victims to be added to Feinberg's growing condolence list.
    Why would I know what is in the heart, or on the mind of an individual? And further, how do you know he hasn't done or said anything? Because you can't find a story on it in the media sources you read, or see? The practice of demonizing an individual unrelated to the perpetration of the crime in question, solely because you don't like the product they produced, or that the product was used illegally, beyond their control is the wrong way to approach the argument in my opinion.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #520
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Doesn't matter. The entire population of the world could all think that X should be done, but that only means everyone somehow has the same opinion. It does not necessarily mean that X is necessary.

    That is my point.

    Sigh.
    I don't not live in the entire population of the world , I live in America, America has laws follow them you won't get into trouble , don't you will. Some may not like these laws some may really like these laws but they are there.

    So we are at a draw that is your point , already knew that was wandering if you did , since you did not even know a new law had been passed on gun control or what it is.

    History has that effect on some people as for me I like history.
    Post 409 check to see who first posted about the NEW LAW passed after the VT KILLINGS.
    The next time you accuse me of something at least have the decency to back it up.
    Last edited by presluc; 01-05-13 at 05:59 PM.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •