Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #491
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,755

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Been there done that, after the VT shooting and the law was changed a little.

    A question was ask can we look deeper into gun control?
    Response ; the same response before the VT KILLINGS NOT REALLY

    NOW AFTER 20 KIDS KILLED, AND 6 ADULTS ARE SHOT AND KILLED .

    A QUESTION CAN WE LOOK INTO THE CURRENT GUN CONTROL?
    RESPONSE; THE CURRENT GUN CONTROL IS FINE AS IT IS

    THE SAME RESPONSE WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE VT KILLINGS.
    You're repeating yourself.

    When I look at the idea of gun control (which is an extremely general phrase), I don't see it helping prevent incidents such as this.

    Perhaps my idea as to what “gun control” constitutes is different from yours, but I cannot see how more restrictions on who buys guns, what they must go through to get them, how much ammo they can buy, what types of guns they can purchase, what features those guns can have, etc., etc., would in any way have prevented this incident.
    Someone owned and (apparently) legally purchased those weapons, this mad/insane person had access to them, and he used them to kill people for some reason I’m not sure anyone will ever know.
    So what would stop that?
    You keep screaming (or so I interpret your prolific use of the capslock key) that we need to look a gun control, but what do you mean when you say that?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #492
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,755

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    sorry didn't know you wore glasses , i'll use caps next time.
    I understood the words individually, but the combination and form you used them in I did not:
    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Am I to believe that amendments to the Constitution prohibits even looking into the background checks made by questionable people that bought guns until after the crime of killing innocent people has been committed???
    What the hell does that even mean?
    Are you asking if “questionable people” did background checks, and if a constitutional amendment prevents examining their procedures?
    Are you asking if a constitutional amendment prevents examining the background checks of people who passed such and purchased weapons, but are for some reason now “questionable people (what a vague parameter)”, until or unless a crime has been committed by them?
    Now, I don’t know the answer to either of those possible questions, but I do know enough to say that your sentence was vague and confusing at best.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #493
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,705

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Been there done that, after the VT shooting and the law was changed a little.

    A question was ask can we look deeper into gun control?
    Response ; the same response before the VT KILLINGS NOT REALLY

    NOW AFTER 20 KIDS KILLED, AND 6 ADULTS ARE SHOT AND KILLED .

    A QUESTION CAN WE LOOK INTO THE CURRENT GUN CONTROL?
    RESPONSE; THE CURRENT GUN CONTROL IS FINE AS IT IS

    THE SAME RESPONSE WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE VT KILLINGS.
    Same old song and dance. What changes to the "gun laws" would have prevented the CT shooting? And no, it is not up to "others" to define them, as you seem to have it all figured out. Simply tell us what you would suggest.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #494
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You're repeating yourself.

    When I look at the idea of gun control (which is an extremely general phrase), I don't see it helping prevent incidents such as this.

    Perhaps my idea as to what “gun control” constitutes is different from yours, but I cannot see how more restrictions on who buys guns, what they must go through to get them, how much ammo they can buy, what types of guns they can purchase, what features those guns can have, etc., etc., would in any way have prevented this incident.
    Someone owned and (apparently) legally purchased those weapons, this mad/insane person had access to them, and he used them to kill people for some reason I’m not sure anyone will ever know.
    So what would stop that?
    You keep screaming (or so I interpret your prolific use of the capslock key) that we need to look a gun control, but what do you mean when you say that?
    First of all if no change in gun control does not help prevent incidents , then why was the gun control law changed after the VT killings?

    Second of all my last ditch effort to negociate fairly on Gun Control was not the purchase of guns , nor the guns purchased but mearly to look into all aspects of gun control, but somebody said that would be no use to even look into the aspect of gun sales ?

    I'd like to know why?

    I am an American citizen I have nothing to hide on what or how I purchase anything. run a background on me until the day I was born. look into my life from top to bottom, as I said I have nothing to hide
    Question ; do the gun dealers or gun purchasers have something to hide, cause for some reason they don't want to be looked into.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  5. #495
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Same old song and dance. What changes to the "gun laws" would have prevented the CT shooting?
    You could change the laws of physics, go back in time and un-invent guns.

  6. #496
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I understood the words individually, but the combination and form you used them in I did not:

    What the hell does that even mean?
    Are you asking if “questionable people” did background checks, and if a constitutional amendment prevents examining their procedures?
    Are you asking if a constitutional amendment prevents examining the background checks of people who passed such and purchased weapons, but are for some reason now “questionable people (what a vague parameter)”, until or unless a crime has been committed by them?
    Now, I don’t know the answer to either of those possible questions, but I do know enough to say that your sentence was vague and confusing at best.
    Not only am I asking if questionable people did background checks , but if the background was complete.

    Don't try that privacy ****, we both know that ship sailed after the Patriot Act was passed as law.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #497
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Same old song and dance. What changes to the "gun laws" would have prevented the CT shooting? And no, it is not up to "others" to define them, as you seem to have it all figured out. Simply tell us what you would suggest.
    You don't read my post much do you?

    I have stated that I do not have the answers .
    I have stated that I support the 2nd amendment for the right the buy and bear arms and the defend one's self if neccassary for rational responsible people.
    I do not support selling guns to unstable people.

    It is my wish that the mater of Gun Control be looked into from the dealer to the background checks and how accurate they are by the lawmakers of this country.

    I'm not talking about the past shootings and killings I'm talking about how and if a preventitive measure can be taken for the future shootings and killings,

    If after an investagation of the gun control laws is made , and nothing can be changed, so be it, I will follow the law.

    However to stand around and say no negoiation, no investigation is even needed, while innocent people continue to get shot and killed,
    I will ASK WHY NOT?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  8. #498
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,755

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    First of all if no change in gun control does not help prevent incidents, then why was the gun control law changed after the VT killings?
    Firstly, that’s a double negative – No change doesn’t help = A change does help.
    You’re asking me: “if a change in gun control law would help prevent incidents, then why was gun control law changed after the VT incident?” That makes no sense, given the context. Hell, even without the context.
    I can only assume you meant to ask me: “If a change in the gun control laws does not help prevent incidents, then why was the gun control law changed after the VT killings?

    But on to answer what I assume was your question: Just because something WAS changed, does not mean that it NEEDED to be changed, or even that changing it in any way improved on the situation. Your argument is illogical because it assumes both are the case, without any proof or reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Second of all my last ditch effort to negotiate fairly on Gun Control was not the purchase of guns , nor the guns purchased but merely to look into all aspects of gun control, but somebody said that would be no use to even look into the aspect of gun sales?

    I'd like to know why?
    I am an American citizen I have nothing to hide on what or how I purchase anything. Run a background on me until the day I was born. Look into my life from top to bottom, as I said I have nothing to hide.
    Question; do the gun dealers or gun purchasers have something to hide, because for some reason they don't want to be looked into.
    I frankly haven’t the slightest idea what you’re talking about here.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #499
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,755

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Not only am I asking if questionable people did background checks, but if the background was complete.
    So you’re asking two questions about some undefined group of persons.
    1. Are the persons/organization who performed the background checks legitimate?
    2. Were the background checks completed?


    Well actually that’s the same question, since if the persons doing said background checks are corrupt or something, by default that means the background checks are invalid/incomplete.

    But again I’m wondering: Who the **** are these “questionable people”? That’s so vague it could have anyone included. Hell I find you a questionable person.

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Don't try that privacy ****, we both know that ship sailed after the Patriot Act was passed as law.
    What?
    I have no idea what this line is about.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #500
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Firstly, that’s a double negative – No change doesn’t help = A change does help.
    You’re asking me: “if a change in gun control law would help prevent incidents, then why was gun control law changed after the VT incident?” That makes no sense, given the context. Hell, even without the context.
    I can only assume you meant to ask me: “If a change in the gun control laws does not help prevent incidents, then why was the gun control law changed after the VT killings?

    But on to answer what I assume was your question: Just because something WAS changed, does not mean that it NEEDED to be changed, or even that changing it in any way improved on the situation. Your argument is illogical because it assumes both are the case, without any proof or reason.

    I frankly haven’t the slightest idea what you’re talking about here.
    And that answer is an assumption .
    "Just because something was changed does not mean it needed changing " well somebody thought it did.

    "or even that changing it in anyway improved on the situation" unless you have a database of everyone that tried to buy a gun after the law was passed then you too are assuming, gun control only hits the news after somebody is shot and killed.
    To say that no new prevenative measures was taken after the new law was passed is saying your gun dealers are a little lax on following the law, if by following the new law they have may prevented some crazy person getting a gun an killing innocent people without even knowing it.
    Of course that is an assumption , but you have your assumptions I'll have mine.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •