Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The "crazy people" issue is more of a 5th and 14th amendment issue, IMHO. Nobody seriously argues that the criminally insane be allowed to have guns legally, but many insist upon a clear definition of, and process to certify anyone as, being placed into that group in the NICS database. We have a very clear definition of a convicted felon, even a fairly clear definition of a domestic abuser, yet no clear defintion (or procedure to certify) one as being "crazy". So it is not the 2nd amendment that protects the crazy (keeps them out of the NICS database), but the 5th and 14th amendments.
    Current law sets the standard regarding people with mental health issues, which requires a legal proceeding before the right to arms can be taken away - this satisfies the due process clause of the 5th.

    If you have been judged as "crazy" thru that process, then you do not have the right to arms; if not, then the 5th amendment protects you.

  2. #482
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The "crazy people" issue is more of a 5th and 14th amendment issue, IMHO. Nobody seriously argues that the criminally insane be allowed to have guns legally, but many insist upon a clear definition of, and process to certify anyone as, being placed into that group in the NICS database. We have a very clear definition of a convicted felon, even a fairly clear definition of a domestic abuser, yet no clear defintion (or procedure to certify) one as being "crazy". So it is not the 2nd amendment that protects the crazy (keeps them out of the NICS database), but the 5th and 14th amendments.
    So, what you're saying is if a crazy person gets a gun leagaly and kills innocent people nobody can look into ways to prevent this because of WHAT? the NCIS database, THE 5TH AND 14TH AMENDMENTS OR NO CLEAR DEFINITION??

    Come on man, I know a spin job when I see one ;you should have kept to the excuses at least that was honorable.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  3. #483
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Am I to believe that amendments to the Constitution prohibits even looking into the background checks made by questionable people that bought guns until after the crime of killing innocent people has been committed???
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  4. #484
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    So, what you're saying is if a crazy person gets a gun leagaly and kills innocent people nobody can look into ways to prevent this because of WHAT? the NCIS database, THE 5TH AND 14TH AMENDMENTS OR NO CLEAR DEFINITION??

    Come on man, I know a spin job when I see one ;you should have kept to the excuses at least that was honorable.
    I said no such thing. What I said was that we now lack a clear procedure/process to identify these "crazy" folks. Give me your definition of what would it would take to place a person on the "no gun list" based on being "crazy". You shout down those that would ask simple and logical questions, or assert that other Constitutional rights must be considered in relation to restricting 2nd amendment rights. I simply asserted that due process and equal protection of the law rights must apply while getting one placed on the "no gun list".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #485
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Am I to believe that amendments to the Constitution prohibits even looking into the background checks made by questionable people that bought guns until after the crime of killing innocent people has been committed???
    What?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #486
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I said no such thing. What I said was that we now lack a clear procedure/process to identify these "crazy" folks. Give me your definition of what would it would take to place a person on the "no gun list" based on being "crazy". You shout down those that would ask simple and logical questions, or assert that other Constitutional rights must be considered in relation to restricting 2nd amendment rights. I simply asserted that due process and equal protection of the law rights must apply while getting one placed on the "no gun list".
    I shout down people that ask simple questions????
    I have tried to negoiate on this thread more than once, first it was why not have strickter gun control
    Response; too difficult 2nd amendment.

    From there it went to a question "CAN WE DO BETTER"
    Response; NOT MUCH

    Then to a pultry "CAN GUN CONTROL BE LOOKED INTO AT ALL"

    Response; Well it looks like you're getting into the NCIS DATABASE to consider plus the 5th and 14th amendment, plus we have no clear definition of a crazy as of yet.

    We both know that the Patriot Act is in force and if you don't know what that means WELL WE GOT NO MORE TO TALK ABOUT .
    Try that spin on the LOVE GENERATION THEY MIGHT GO FOR IT BUT NOT ME.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #487
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    I shout down people that ask simple questions????
    I have tried to negoiate on this thread more than once, first it was why not have strickter gun control
    Response; too difficult 2nd amendment.

    From there it went to a question "CAN WE DO BETTER"
    Response; NOT MUCH

    Then to a pultry "CAN GUN CONTROL BE LOOKED INTO AT ALL"

    Response; Well it looks like you're getting into the NCIS DATABASE to consider plus the 5th and 14th amendment, plus we have no clear definition of a crazy as of yet.

    We both know that the Patriot Act is in force and if you don't know what that means WELL WE GOT NO MORE TO TALK ABOUT .
    Try that spin on the LOVE GENERATION THEY MIGHT GO FOR IT BUT NOT ME.
    Perhaps you should start by understanding what the current handgun purchase/carry laws are:

    Handgunlaw.us
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What?
    Nonsense is his strong suit.

  9. #489
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Perhaps you should start by understanding what the current handgun purchase/carry laws are:

    Handgunlaw.us
    Been there done that, after the VT shooting and the law was changed a little.

    A question was ask can we look deeper into gun control?
    Response ; the same response before the VT KILLINGS NOT REALLY

    NOW AFTER 20 KIDS KILLED, AND 6 ADULTS ARE SHOT AND KILLED .

    A QUESTION CAN WE LOOK INTO THE CURRENT GUN CONTROL?
    RESPONSE; THE CURRENT GUN CONTROL IS FINE AS IT IS

    THE SAME RESPONSE WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE VT KILLINGS.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  10. #490
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by the mark View Post
    what?
    sorry didn't know you wore glasses , i'll use caps next time.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •