Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #351
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Not particularly. I just wanted to address for the liberal community what was obvious to the rest of us.
    by maniuplating context. gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #352
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,898

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    by maniuplating context. gotcha.
    What context is that? That she's an idiot because you say she is, even in the face of an obvious error on your part?
    Нава́льный 2018

  3. #353
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    What context is that? That she's an idiot because you say she is, even in the face of an obvious error on your part?
    The context that she is an idiot for what SHE said. You cherry picked my post and cut out the really nuts part of her writing. You know, the part that when asked you refused to address?

    So your cherry picked quote of me makes it look like I'm saying she's nuts for only this small other part. That is an intentional ripping apart of the context. Of course you knew that. Then of course your riding to her defense by ripping the context apart in my post to make the personal attack on me. You should work for Fox with that kind of deceptive skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #354
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Here's an interesting perspective from a woman at the National Review. Lanza would've been stopped if the school didn't have so many females in it.


    The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, seemed to have performed bravely. According to reports, she activated the school’s public-address system and also lunged at Lanza, before he shot her to death. Some of the teachers managed to save all or some of their charges by rushing them into closets or bathrooms. But in general, a feminized setting is a setting in which helpless passivity is the norm. Male aggression can be a good thing, as in protecting the weak — but it has been forced out of the culture of elementary schools and the education schools that train their personnel. Think of what Sandy Hook might have been like if a couple of male teachers who had played high-school football, or even some of the huskier 12-year-old boys, had converged on Lanza.

    link...

    Dawn "seemed" to act bravely?

    I particularly like the thought proccess that men can somehow stop a bullet better than women.

    This tragedy is bringing out the idiots in droves.
    IMO, she should have owned, trained with, and in this situation USED....


    A firearm.


    All the teachers in the school should have.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #355
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,898

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The context that she is an idiot for what SHE said. You cherry picked my post and cut out the really nuts part of her writing. You know, the part that when asked you refused to address?
    Well, it, um, seemed to be a central part of your thesis, since you highlighted the word "seemed" in red and then provided your own (erroneous) commentary on it. I'm merely addressing that point. Then you accuse me of "cherry picking." As far as her basic contention, which is that if men had been on the premises there might have been a different outcome, she might have a valid point. It's certainly not "idiocy." I'd be interested in seeing data concerning mass shootings to see how many of these perps were stopped by civilians as opposed to police and what percentage of the "heroes" were men. At least at this point in the Sandy Hook case, it's not looking good for the ladies, who only saw the carnage end when the cops showed up. Absent the police, they probably all would have been led to slaughter like sheep.
    Нава́льный 2018

  6. #356
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    The problem here is not the gun, but the crazy person.

    The third part of your scenario: Crazy person steals or illegally purchases a gun, and kills people.



    Edit: If anything, this indicates that we need more awareness, help, and as a last resort, control of, crazy people.

    There’s that whole “right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness” thing, but if your liberty or pursuit of happiness infringes upon my right to live, you should lose the confrontation.
    How can you illegally buy a gun when it says you bought it leagally.
    Virginia Tech gun leagally bought gun
    Conn. crime commited with an easy accessible gun bought leagally.

    Is not tougher gun control being more aware , help, and last resort, or should society wait for another innocent person to die as a result of easy gu8n control laws?

    What are we as a society to say it's the violence on T.V, it's the violence of vidieo games it's this it's that.
    Every excuse but tougher gun control laws.
    What 's next?
    An innocent man gets killed by a person with a gun .
    Why? because the innocent person did not want to buy a gun of course????
    Last edited by presluc; 12-22-12 at 05:22 PM.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #357
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, controls are stopped by the Constitution. If you hadn't noticed, it does more to limit govt infringement on rights than it enables it.



    Au contrair. The average massacre occurs in areas where the cowardly perpetrator is relatively certain that the victims are unarmed. Tough gun control will only disarm those that you would want to be armed. Those bent on murder will get the guns another way.



    Again, it is evident that you don't quite understand what a "complete" background check entails. I gaurantee you that no person was interview over your apartment application.



    So, you get to pick and choose which rights are worth protecting....gotcha.



    Apparently the cops disabled your logic mechanisms.



    I disagree.



    If you actually looked into anything you'd realize that areas with high rates of private, legal ownership of firearms have low incidence of violent crime.



    I think you need to look up what subjective means.
    First of all I knew this was coming a longer and longer response, but no problem.

    As for does more to limit government infringing on rights?
    Didn't do much for the dead at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, Conn.

    Very well if this can be prevented , by arming more people, how about a gun in every household, and when protestors occupy again arm them as well ,forget basic education straight to gun school at the age of 12??????

    You would be wrong I was interveiwed right after my application was read.


    So you take a pass on innocent people dieing, just because it might be harder for you to purchase a gun???



    I got my bell rung if that's what you mean, I was one of many marching against segregation.
    However, I still know the difference between right and wrong.
    No matter what excuse you come with no matter what distractions you try.
    Gun control in America today needs to be tougher the proof is page after page of history saying "MAN WITH A GUN , INNOCENT PEOPLE DEAD.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  8. #358
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    How do you measure that it is not working ? Because of such as Newtown, VA Tech, and Columbine ?

    OK, then apparently "gun control" was working in the 50's and 60's and 70's.

    What laws changed ? Or perhaps, its not the "laws" that have changed .........

    OBTW, none of what you suggest would have changed this recent tragedy.
    Responsibility has changed a responsible person with a gun , knows to respect it , knows to use it to defend theirself and knows to keep it out of the hands of other people that should not have access to a gun, they know it is their responsibility.
    However, in today's society irresponsible people are buying guns.
    WHY ARE GUNS SOLD TO IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE???
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  9. #359
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    First of all I knew this was coming a longer and longer response, but no problem.
    Just responding to your posts.

    As for does more to limit government infringing on rights?
    Didn't do much for the dead at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, Conn.
    Lol, exactly.

    Very well if this can be prevented , by arming more people, how about a gun in every household, and when protestors occupy again arm them as well ,forget basic education straight to gun school at the age of 12??????
    A gun in every house is a good idea. And, why would it have any impact on education? Non-sequitur.

    You would be wrong I was interveiwed right after my application was read.
    Sigh,

    So you take a pass on innocent people dieing, just because it might be harder for you to purchase a gun???
    Nothing I've said would lead a logical person to this conclusion.

    I got my bell rung if that's what you mean, I was one of many marching against segregation.
    However, I still know the difference between right and wrong.
    No matter what excuse you come with no matter what distractions you try.
    Gun control in America today needs to be tougher the proof is page after page of history saying "MAN WITH A GUN , INNOCENT PEOPLE DEAD.
    Actually, the headline is "Man without a gun is killed because he had no way to defend himself."

  10. #360
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Only badly maintained or horribly designed guns have the possibility of firing without a finger on the trigger, and even that requires mishandling and obviously someone loading the gun.

    Ergo, gun did not fire bullets, person fired bullets with gun.
    Of course this guy shouldn't have had access to those guns. That's an issue with poor mental health care and bad parenting, it sounds like - he got the weapons from his mom?
    It's not an issue with gun control - except in that the person who owned the guns gave him access and should not have.


    Edit: Additionally, even extremely strict gun control measures will not stop those nutcases who give no outward signs of mental issues.


    As I view it, the only real way to prevent/stop violence on this level is to have more people armed with personal weapons, and specifically in this case, armed (concealed or even openly) guards at schools.

    FFS children are considered most precious by us, we go nuts when **** like this happens, but we can't deal with armed guards to protect them?
    A gun by itself as no destructive power put it in the hands of a nut job it can and has killed innocent people.
    My question is how did the nut job aquire the gun?
    Maybe a magic trick and it appeared , maybe Santa Clause bought it?
    No, the gun was purchased leagally I might add from a person that sells guns.
    The question is how would a gun sitting on a shelf wind up at the scene of a homicide involving 26 people?

    If this was the first time this happened then perhaps it might be considered a fluke just a bad coincedence , but this is not the first time and unless there are tougher gun controls there will be more guns going off shelves winding up at a homicide crime scene with more innocent people dead.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •