Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #321
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's merely a statement of fact. Sorry if you don't like reality. But free is dangerous. Always has been, always will be.
    I don't mind reality.

    Yes you are right free is dangerous

    However freedom to learn at an elementary school or to teach at one should not have to be dangerous just so gun controls are lax just because somebody wants to buy a gun should have their privacy.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  2. #322
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Unfortuately, carrots didn't kill the 26 people in CT, guns did.

    If however there was a E- COLI virus found in a certain batch of carrots and they were sold to the public and the store they came from knew it but sold them anyway and people got sick and died what do you think would happen to the store owner????
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  3. #323
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Unfortuately, carrots didn't kill the 26 people in CT, guns did.

    If however there was a E- COLI virus found in a certain batch of carrots and they were sold to the public and the store they came from knew it but sold them anyway and people got sick and died what do you think would happen to the store owner????
    No.

    A nutcase killed 26 people in Newtown.

    Gun (s?) were what he used to do this.

    The problems I see here are:
    No one in the school had a gun to shoot this guy with.
    From the sounds of things, this guy needed mental help and didn't get it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #324
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Actually, I heard a comment from them today. They've said the had no intention of making political issues more important than the grieving of parents.



    You can make it as stiff as you like, they're not going to find what isn't there. Besides, gun control doesn't reduce crime. Gun control doesn't stop massacres....it's the straw man of straw men. If it did, I'd be all for it.
    So a crazy person buys a gun leagaly kills people that's 1 crime 1 bullet
    If a crazy person tries to buy a gun and because of tough gun control; can not that's 1 less crime, 1 less bullet

    So how is crime not reduced?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  5. #325
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Because we have a constitutional right to own firearms.
    The mentally ill does not have the right to purchase firearms that is not in the constitution that they do.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  6. #326
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    So a crazy person buys a gun leagaly kills people that's 1 crime 1 bullet
    If a crazy person tries to buy a gun and because of tough gun control; can not that's 1 less crime, 1 less bullet

    So how is crime not reduced?
    The problem here is not the gun, but the crazy person.

    The third part of your scenario: Crazy person steals or illegally purchases a gun, and kills people.



    Edit: If anything, this indicates that we need more awareness, help, and as a last resort, control of, crazy people.

    There’s that whole “right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness” thing, but if your liberty or pursuit of happiness infringes upon my right to live, you should lose the confrontation.
    Last edited by The Mark; 12-19-12 at 06:04 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Perhaps a new gun control would have stopped the massacre in CT..

    Spare me the "no matter what you do kids will still be shot by guns " BS, unless you are psycic if you are you know what I really wanted to write in response to that... post.
    "A new law" ............. yeah, cause then the criminals and whackos will have to stop and obey the law !!!

  8. #328
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    The mentally ill does not have the right to purchase firearms that is not in the constitution that they do.
    That's simply not true. If they are not a felon, over the age of majority, and a resident of the state... they can purchase a firearm.

  9. #329
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    So a crazy person buys a gun leagaly kills people that's 1 crime 1 bullet
    If a crazy person tries to buy a gun and because of tough gun control; can not that's 1 less crime, 1 less bullet

    So how is crime not reduced?
    You haven't defined crazy or how a shrink (who is not an agent of the legal system) makes a determination that a person is "crazy" and how they report it....and how that is substantiated.

  10. #330
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    See, now that you'd need to substantiate.



    Actually, yes, assuming their credit were ok and they had no foreign relations/business dealings.



    If he's not a felon, he can buy what he wants.



    The person that bought it is responsible for it, unless it is stolen from them.
    Responsibility does not stop at who shot the gun but who sold the gun, or at least that's the way it should be.

    America is constantly on the watch for guns and other materials dealt by gun runners.
    Why because they don't want them falling into the wrong hands.
    I ask for tougher gun control to do the same thing and I hit a brick wall??
    "What about my privacy" "what about my rights" "what about the extra paperwork" wah wah.

    If you are a responsible person and wants to buy or own a gun I have no problem with that, but to say after all the deaths of innocent people including 6 yr old kids, the current gun control system is working is wrong,

    Anyway if you are an honest responsible person that wants to own a gun to defend himself how would having tougher gun laws effect you?
    Perhaps those that want easier gun laws or gun control is not so responsible.
    I have nothing to hide if I need a gun I will ask the gun dealer to run a very subjective backgrounds check on me friends and family and have it regestered in my name with a monthly check on regestration.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •