Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    4 don't measure up to 26 dead., and all 50 states not just Connecticut.
    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Are you telling me there is no possible way for guns to have a strickter gun control on the sales of guns?

    What of the freedom of the 26 dead in Conn?
    Did they not have the freedom to live.
    The proposed gun control would not have stopped the massacre in CT. Spare me the pseudo-stupid comparisons.

  2. #302
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Additionally, he's assuming that this person going hunting with an AK47 is going to magdump into the hunted animal.

    Which would be stupid and probably fail.
    Then why are these weapons available to the public???
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  3. #303
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    If known drug dealers move into a house next to a school why would it be anybody's business.

    If known child molestors got a job a coaching PHYS ED and counciling at your kids school would it become your business?

    Is society to just keep turning a blind eye, because sooner or later this stuff that society keeps turning a blind eye to will land on every American's door again and again including your's, my friend.
    Yes, those topics are all certainly related to the right to keep and bear arms

    Let me know when you wish to keep your arguments on target.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #304
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Ah, not the old "FREEDOM AIN'T FREE SPEECH" MAN THAT'S ANCIENT.

    I can not speak for others who ask for stronger gun control but I ALREADY KNOW THAT FREEDOM AIN'T FREE.
    ANY VETERAN OR THOSE IN MILITARY SERVICE CAN TELL YOU THAT.
    The sacrifices for freedom have been many and dear to any REAL AMERICAN.
    However asking for a tougher gun control in society is too big a sacrifice for some?


    What that has to do with killing innocent people cause it's easier to buy a gun I have no idea.
    What that has to do with the killings at Aurora, Columbine, Virginia Tech, or the 20 6 yr olds in Conn., that I do not know?

    What saying "FREEDOM ISN'T FREE;" has to do with asking for stronger and stiffer gun control, that I do not know?

    6 year old children have nothing to do with the defence of Freedom.
    It's merely a statement of fact. Sorry if you don't like reality. But free is dangerous. Always has been, always will be.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #305
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,747

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Ah, not the old "FREEDOM AIN'T FREE SPEECH" MAN THAT'S ANCIENT.

    I can not speak for others who ask for stronger gun control but I ALREADY KNOW THAT FREEDOM AIN'T FREE.
    ANY VETERAN OR THOSE IN MILITARY SERVICE CAN TELL YOU THAT.
    The sacrifices for freedom have been many and dear to any REAL AMERICAN.
    However asking for a tougher gun control in society is too big a sacrifice for some?


    What that has to do with killing innocent people cause it's easier to buy a gun I have no idea.
    What that has to do with the killings at Aurora, Columbine, Virginia Tech, or the 20 6 yr olds in Conn., that I do not know?

    What saying "FREEDOM ISN'T FREE;" has to do with asking for stronger and stiffer gun control, that I do not know?

    6 year old children have nothing to do with the defence of Freedom.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #306
    User Bill Tetley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-10-13 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    100

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The difference? Both could have children of their own one day if you don't kill them.

    It's disgusting that you've convinced yourself that there's a difference.
    I've got 3 kids, I know there's a difference between a first grader and a fetus.

    And I love them for the awesome kids that they are, not for their future reproductive capacity.

  7. #307
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Heard from the NRA lately?
    No and you won't for awhile college students is one thing, movie goers is another even teenagers maybe , but 6 year olds , this ain't gonna slide that easy there's a lot of angry people out here and they ain't gun owners,
    Actually, I heard a comment from them today. They've said the had no intention of making political issues more important than the grieving of parents.

    What am I a secretary, anyway youv;e questioned every statement I've made I've answered.

    Already been suggested and rejected by you stiffer gun control stronger background checks.
    You can make it as stiff as you like, they're not going to find what isn't there. Besides, gun control doesn't reduce crime. Gun control doesn't stop massacres....it's the straw man of straw men. If it did, I'd be all for it.

  8. #308
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Because mentally ill people usually don't have a high credit score.
    See, now that you'd need to substantiate.

    Exactly my point, thank you.
    Question do you believe that every person that bought a gun leagally would pass a security clearence, think hard now.
    Actually, yes, assuming their credit were ok and they had no foreign relations/business dealings.

    The Virginia Tech murderer had an arrest record yet he bought 2 glocks from a pawn shop.
    If he's not a felon, he can buy what he wants.

    If a person buys a gun who should be responsible for where that gun winds up?
    The person that bought it is responsible for it, unless it is stolen from them.

  9. #309
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Then why are these weapons available to the public???
    Because we have a constitutional right to own firearms.

  10. #310
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Then why are these weapons available to the public???
    In short, because 2nd Amendment.

    And I think you misinterpreted my post - It is likely quite possible to hunt with an AK-47 if you so desired, but likely few people do because such weapons are overkill for that purpose. My response was because your post appeared to assume that a hunter hunting with an AK-47 by default was using the weapon because it had a large mag and could fire automatically. Didn't follow logically so far as I could tell.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •