Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 555

Thread: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

  1. #201
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    There is no law that could have prevented what happened.
    Period.
    Your assertion only turns law abiding citizens into criminals if they do not surrender their property.
    It would not stop what happened though.

    The preclusion of a certain type of weapon does not mean it would not have happened.
    There would not be 27 people dead, including 20 children if assault weapons were not available. That's just the bottom line truth that you don't want to accept.

    This is the weapon that he used:

    95674359-bushmaster-rifle.jpg

    There is no reason that these guns are available in this country.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #202
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There would not be 27 people dead, including 20 children if assault weapons were not available. That's just the bottom line truth that you don't want to accept.


    There is no reason that these guns are available in this country.
    And again you are wrong! Go figure.

  3. #203
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,305

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There are ABSOLUTELY laws that would have stopped this from happening.....starting with a ban on asssault rifles.
    For the sake of discussion, if the mother did not own an "Assault rifle" would he not have used the pistols and shotgun?

  4. #204
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The misinformation that has been reported about this deranged kid and his mother is just mind boggling. First, we hear that the mom was a teacher at the school and there conclusions made by the media that his motive was to get back at his mother by killing what she loved, teaching children. Then it turns she's not a teacher at all, instead she was a recently divorced, unemployed stay at home mom and she was home schooling Adam. Which is odd because other reports say he finished HS when he in the 10th grade and then there are reports of him attending high school and belonging to a computer science club and always carrying a briefcase clutched to his chest in the hallways.

    Then it's reported that Nancy Lanza was a gun enthusist who enjoyed taking Adam to target practice to teach him responsibility, but the police reports say there's little to no evidence of her going to any target ranges in the area. Then her ex-sister in law, Marsha Lanza says she had guns to defend herself, but she never felt under threat while adding that "It's the person who does the killing, not the gun."

    That last statement by the sister in law is very telling how that entire Lanza family must have thought about guns. But if those guns were not in the house that kid wouldn't have had the method by which to do what he did.
    There is always misinformation in a case like this. Look at Treyvon Martin. I don't think we will have a real grasp of what happened for months to come.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #205
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,305

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There would not be 27 people dead, including 20 children if assault weapons were not available. That's just the bottom line truth that you don't want to accept.

    This is the weapon that he used:

    95674359-bushmaster-rifle.jpg

    There is no reason that these guns are available in this country.
    So what about the guns pictured makes they inherently evil?

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There would not be 27 people dead, including 20 children if assault weapons were not available. That's just the bottom line truth that you don't want to accept.

    This is the weapon that he used:

    95674359-bushmaster-rifle.jpg

    There is no reason that these guns are available in this country.
    Yes there are

    The last defense against tyranny and evil. I don't fear these weapons in the hands of moral and responsible people. I fear them in the hands of the mentally ill and the criminally insane. If we would have treated the root of this problem (mental illness) then it could have been prevented. You are using simplistic symbolism and emotional arguments. Not logic.

  7. #207
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    For the sake of discussion, if the mother did not own an "Assault rifle" would he not have used the pistols and shotgun?
    Yes....but it would not be as easy to kill as many people at once. There would still be some killed, but it would not have been the same level as were killed due to the capability of this assault weapon.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #208
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    So what about the guns pictured makes they inherently evil?
    For what reasonable purpose do we need these types of weapons? You aren't going to go deer hunting with this weapon now are you?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Yes....but it would not be as easy to kill as many people at once. There would still be some killed, but it would not have been the same level as were killed due to the capability of this assault weapon.
    3000 Americans were killed in one day with box cutters

    More than 3k innocent and defenseless children are murdered in the womb every day

  10. #210
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 26 reported killed in Newtown [W:72/89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Yes there are

    The last defense against tyranny and evil. I don't fear these weapons in the hands of moral and responsible people. I fear them in the hands of the mentally ill and the criminally insane. If we would have treated the root of this problem (mental illness) then it could have been prevented. You are using simplistic symbolism and emotional arguments. Not logic.
    No moral or responsible person would ever own this type of weapon.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •