Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 629

Thread: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

  1. #571
    Educator Uzidoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    820

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So, now you are not only attacking the tool used but you want to put the blame on the killers mother now? Tell me, Was it his mother that passed or voted for politicians who passed the string of laws that left these children vulnerable with no adults around them with the means of protecting them?

    Because she liked shooting them. Because she was responsible and taught her children gun safety. Because a child, or in this case an adult child who could buy that "Bushmaster type" rifle on his own, who is taught proper gun handling and safety has no reason to be locked away from the families guns.

    Every single person who has ever voted for the politicians that passed the policies and laws that left these children unprotected bears responsibility for creating the conditions that allowed this to happen. Those children's blood is upon their hands and soul also. They knew that such things have happened and could happen again, but insisted on laws that striped away the protection of these children instead of using a modicum of logic and providing these children with the protections they should of had.

    You, the gun hater, are an accessory to the murder of these children. Now go pat yourself on the back with your own bloody hand.
    You are a moron...calling ME an accessory to the murder of these kids??? My hands are bloody? My hands who never touched a gun, except a musket at Ft. Ticonderoga????

    Where's a moderator when you need one???

    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

    When you make your peace with authority, you become an authority.- Jim Morrison

  2. #572
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have several such safes since I have lots of rifles and shotguns
    You'd need a real heavy duty one. Your typical "gun safe" can be easily busted apart with simply a ballpeen hammer. But it's nonsense anyway, as he got the combination anyway. The kids an honors student. how many brain cells do you need to do a "mom, there is someone trying to break into house... combination please..."

  3. #573
    Educator Uzidoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    820

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So, now you are not only attacking the tool used but you want to put the blame on the killers mother now? Tell me, Was it his mother that passed or voted for politicians who passed the string of laws that left these children vulnerable with no adults around them with the means of protecting them?

    Because she liked shooting them. Because she was responsible and taught her children gun safety. Because a child, or in this case an adult child who could buy that "Bushmaster type" rifle on his own, who is taught proper gun handling and safety has no reason to be locked away from the families guns.

    Every single person who has ever voted for the politicians that passed the policies and laws that left these children unprotected bears responsibility for creating the conditions that allowed this to happen. Those children's blood is upon their hands and soul also. They knew that such things have happened and could happen again, but insisted on laws that striped away the protection of these children instead of using a modicum of logic and providing these children with the protections they should of had.

    You, the gun hater, are an accessory to the murder of these children. Now go pat yourself on the back with your own bloody hand.


    You are such an unmitigated asshole. Take your gun and shove it where the sun don't shine.

    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

    When you make your peace with authority, you become an authority.- Jim Morrison

  4. #574
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzidoesit View Post
    SentrySafe G0135 Black Safe 5 Long Gun Maximum Capacity Safe, 3.5 Cubic Feet, Black
    by SentrySafe
    3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (121 customer reviews) | Like 1355597302 false -1 32 32 31 (32)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    List Price: $355.00
    Price: $179.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
    Deal Price:
    You Save: $176.00 (50%)
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o


    In Stock.




    Attachment 67139401

    Looks pretty good to me.
    An hour with a hammer and it's busted open. 15 minutes with a power drill.

  5. #575
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    An hour with a hammer and it's busted open. 15 minutes with a power drill.
    Dream on. Never even been near a safe have ya?

  6. #576
    Educator Uzidoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    820

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    An hour with a hammer and it's busted open. 15 minutes with a power drill.
    You are an idiot.

    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

    When you make your peace with authority, you become an authority.- Jim Morrison

  7. #577
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzidoesit View Post
    [/B]

    You are such an unmitigated asshole. Take your gun and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzidoesit View Post
    You are a moron...calling ME an accessory to the murder of these kids??? My hands are bloody? My hands who never touched a gun, except a musket at Ft. Ticonderoga????

    Where's a moderator when you need one???
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzidoesit View Post
    You are an idiot.
    I wouldn't be so much in a hurry to get a moderator in here, with these posts.

  8. #578
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,573

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    You'd need a real heavy duty one. Your typical "gun safe" can be easily busted apart with simply a ballpeen hammer. But it's nonsense anyway, as he got the combination anyway. The kids an honors student. how many brain cells do you need to do a "mom, there is someone trying to break into house... combination please..."
    you are speculating. "the typical gun safe" I have costs about 2200 dollars and takes about an hour to break into. and of course if you use a torch on the wrong one you could end up blowing up 4000 rounds of 7.62 NATO Quad which would ruin your whole day. plus, me, my kid or the wife would probably cut you to ribbons with a 12 bore while you are drilling on the safe since they are all connected to a wireless state of the art alarm system

  9. #579
    Educator Uzidoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    820

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    s7_230221_999_01.jpg

    If you can afford guns you should be required to have a safe place to keep them in. Is that asking too much in this day and age?

    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

    When you make your peace with authority, you become an authority.- Jim Morrison

  10. #580
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,573

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzidoesit View Post
    s7_230221_999_01.jpg

    If you can afford guns you should be required to have a safe place to keep them in. Is that asking too much in this day and age?
    I have four big ones like that. one has an electronic lock. some guns are merely stored in the basement in their cases (the basement is within the alarmed perimeter) since my son is 14 and well trained in weapons. but the heavy duty stuff-FALs, MIAI, M21, UZI, Beretta AR 70, STEYR AUG, and the shotguns I used when I competed internationally (K-80 ISU Skeet guns) are all in heavy duty fireproof safes.

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •