Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 629

Thread: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

  1. #291
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I don't give a damn what Reagan did a billion years ago before we had school shootings. If you are not willing to address the underlying cause of violence, then I don't really care what you have to say about guns because that is precisely the reason nothing gets done--liberals afraid to lose the crack vote are serving this nation well apparently. Some people might actually believe they need their guns now more than ever because of the growing violence in the face of the refusal of the left to do anything meaningful other than whine about guns......
    LMAO, I am old and was on active duty when Reagan was President, it wasn't quite a BILLION years ago...

    Good broad strokes but what do 'we' do about the underlying causes of violence? Ummmm just what are they again?

    Now 'conservatives' have fought tooth and nail against dealing with trouble-makers and the mentally ill, a broad brush there paints men who's wife takes out a protective order to get divorce help. A domestic incident when 20 gets a man banned from firearm ownership 20 years later.

    But I did ask a question, just where do we draw the line? Not political white wash of underlying whatever, real lines please....

  2. #292
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I see your point; that was not my intention and I wouldn't actually go up to these parents and say this. However, I don't live in that area, it hasn't affected me personally, but it still makes me upset and I still feel terrible for the victims. I guess it's just natural for me, someone who lives thousands of miles away, to think about gun control when I hear about this. In fact, whenever I hear about a shooting, my mind immediately jumps to the issue of gun control, that's just how I am. This is, after all, a political debate forum, I'm just expressing my point of view.
    What we should be thinking about is why on earth this locked down school buzzed this guy in without even having a look at him or the two huge guns he was carrying with him. Safety measure in place. Ignored. That's the real lesson here....for tomorrow, next week and next year.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #293
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What we should be thinking about is why on earth this locked down school buzzed this guy in without even having a look at him or the two huge guns he was carrying with him. Safety measure in place. Ignored. That's the real lesson here....for tomorrow, next week and next year.
    True, and though it's terrible that even the principal was killed, that school disctrict is probably gonna get a lot of flack for this, and I almost think they deserve to.


  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    El Monte, California
    Last Seen
    07-05-13 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,471

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.". - William S. Burroughs

  5. #295
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I see your point; that was not my intention and I wouldn't actually go up to these parents and say this. However, I don't live in that area, it hasn't affected me personally, but it still makes me upset and I still feel terrible for the victims. I guess it's just natural for me, someone who lives thousands of miles away, to think about gun control when I hear about this. In fact, whenever I hear about a shooting, my mind immediately jumps to the issue of gun control, that's just how I am. This is, after all, a political debate forum, I'm just expressing my point of view.
    Of course your mind instantly jumps to gun control...

    Why else do you think so many shootings are happening lately?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    If this is what you understand "conservatives" hate liberals for, then you don't know much about conservatives.
    Typical right wing whine that is asked no question to be responded to, just nonsense spouted out without thought or reason...

  7. #297
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    I want to commend the work of WFSB. I've been watching their live, online coverage of this event since this morning. Their coverage has been comprehensive. They have been careful to express whether the information they've broadcast is rumor, speculation or confirmed. They are a class act.

    You can see their ongoing live coverage here: Channel 3 Eyewitness News Livestream - WFSB 3 Connecticut
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #298
    Professor
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,234

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    All people that smoke in under ventilated areas "shoot" people will their smoke. Not everyone who has a gun, even in public, does. Your comparison is not a good one.
    What do you do with your gun? Use it for a hammer? a Light switch? Back scratcher? Visual/tactile stimulation?
    Listen buddy, I've witnessed the murder of an innocent bystander who was the 22 year old mother of two. At least 3 lives were ruined and I can't get the image of a woman being shot in the face out of my mind because of your precious right to own a tool of destruction so you can feel 'safe' or 'tough' or whatever it does for you.

    Besides my point is that everyone who has a gun will kill someone because they wanted to when they bought the infernal thing. Admit it you want to kill someone you fantasize about it all the time. You're probably wishing you could shoot me and everybody else that doesn't agree with you right?
    “We must picture hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives with the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

  9. #299
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    LMAO, I am old and was on active duty when Reagan was President, it wasn't quite a BILLION years ago...

    Good broad strokes but what do 'we' do about the underlying causes of violence? Ummmm just what are they again?

    Now 'conservatives' have fought tooth and nail against dealing with trouble-makers and the mentally ill, a broad brush there paints men who's wife takes out a protective order to get divorce help. A domestic incident when 20 gets a man banned from firearm ownership 20 years later.

    But I did ask a question, just where do we draw the line? Not political white wash of underlying whatever, real lines please....
    Maybe if these madhouses didn't lobotomize so many of their patients and build their facilities over underground railroads they would still exist today. (referring to Northern State facility in Washington State)
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #300
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    What do you do with your gun? Use it for a hammer? a Light switch? Back scratcher? Visual/tactile stimulation?
    Listen buddy, I've witnessed the murder of an innocent bystander who was the 22 year old mother of two. At least 3 lives were ruined and I can't get the image of a woman being shot in the face out of my mind because of your precious right to own a tool of destruction so you can feel 'safe' or 'tough' or whatever it does for you.

    Besides my point is that everyone who has a gun will kill someone because they wanted to when they bought the infernal thing. Admit it you want to kill someone you fantasize about it all the time. You're probably wishing you could shoot me and everybody else that doesn't agree with you right?
    You have defeated yourself with this.... I hope I NEVER, EVER, EVER have to kill anyone in my life. I think even if my life was threatened I would aim for legs, shoulders, or try to escape if I thought I could.

    Deep down I believe if you kill someone eternal life is no longer open to you (through heaven if you want to call it that). Although I can also admit that if I was in a life threatening situation im not sure if I could control my instincts for self preservation.

    "Should you see your maker's face tonight,
    Look him in the eye.
    Look him in the eye and tell him,
    I never lived a lie, never took a life,
    But surely saved one." ~ TooL
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 12-14-12 at 05:47 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •