Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 629

Thread: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    Well for those that do not ignore me.

    There is supported evidence that smoking a cigarette will give me a terminal disease resulting in my death, perhaps before 'my time'. Also if I smoke in doors the second hand smoke could potentialy affect the health of someone in the same room in the same way according to unsupported evidence. Therefore my personal choice to smoke must be regulated to where I cannot smoke in public due to the danger to others.

    Meanwhile, your personal choice to own a gun, which is a tool that has no other purpose on this earth but to adversly affect the health of everyone it is pointed at won't even be considered for debate just because we're all supposed to trust that you won't use it to kill someone. Well I'm sorry but I don't trust you because you have a gun which tells me you will kill someone and in the light of this and all the other tragic shootings this month alone as evidence, it is in fact gauranteed.

    This means that your personal choice to own a gun must be regulated to the point that it be rendered inoperable due to the fact that it is a danger to others.
    My ownership/possession of a gun does not harm you.
    My owernship/possession of a gun does not place you in a condition of clear present and immediate danger.

    Thus, your argument fails.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Actually I remember Ronnie Reagan, hallowed be his name, as turning many mentally ill out of Gubmint run 'nut farms' which were closed down. I thought 'conservatives' hated the liberals because they want to restrict firearm ownership to a wide variety of 'coddled' trouble-makers.

    Where do we draw the line on restricting firearm ownership due the mental illness, trouble making, criminal behavior?

    I don't see arming teachers as a well thought out 'conservative' solution. Imagine arming one of the biggest remaining Unions left in this country.

    I don't see many 'conservative' CCW's stepping forward to start teaching in the public school system and frankly not so sure many teachers would wish to add to their classroom burden with firearm instruction and routine quals. I don't see any insurance company underwriting a school district where armed teachers are not trained at least as well as rookie cops in legal issues, marksmanship, and unlike CCWs they will be expected to move TOWARD armed gunman, not merely stand their ground in self defense. Bit more to that than just running down the hall waving your .380 in the air...
    I don't give a damn what Reagan did a billion years ago before we had school shootings. If you are not willing to address the underlying cause of violence, then I don't really care what you have to say about guns because that is precisely the reason nothing gets done--liberals afraid to lose the crack vote are serving this nation well apparently. Some people might actually believe they need their guns now more than ever because of the growing violence in the face of the refusal of the left to do anything meaningful other than whine about guns......

  3. #283
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    I don't believe it was a conspiracy. I believe it was a selfish indignant, self righteous little t*rd who was jealous of his parents not paying enough attention to him.

  4. #284
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by jakiejakester View Post
    HA! Why don't you let Fox News and World News Daily on your discovery! It's time for a new cycle of conspiracy nuttery / theories!
    Oh, your not the least bit interested in how seemingly normal people go completely nuts with little to no warning?

    Example: The Miami Zombie (Who turned out to have just a small bit of pot in his system) who was an apparently normal guy on a trip and decides to start eating a homeless dude's face off?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #285
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm getting sick of this ****. These kinds of shootings are becoming too regular. I don't know who, but who ever has the job of examining patterns in the shooters needs to get working and find a way to help stop this. And I don't want to hear any BS about "well, some people are bad and you can't stop them." That argument is almost as bad as "God did it."
    This is totally idiot, random violence cannot be stopped.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #286
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-19-14 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,083

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    On the grounds that guns have no other function than to kill. It should be assumed that if someone wants a gun they will use it for its intended purpose.
    Yes but what's the context murder or self defense?

  7. #287
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh it is a response but like another harump right wing member it isn't the one you like. You are just another nit picker.
    It's actually a typical liberal response. When you can't cogently respond to a comment directed toward you, you respond with something that has no relevance.

    You would do more for your credibility if you had just remained silent.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #288
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    How about after the bodies of DEAD CHILDREN go cold, for the love of Christ! These families can't even begin processing the loss of life and people are raging over an issue that is already beat into the goddamn ground. If I were one of those parents I'd tell every zealot from both sides to shut up for a minute. How disrespectful.
    I see your point; that was not my intention and I wouldn't actually go up to these parents and say this. However, I don't live in that area, it hasn't affected me personally, but it still makes me upset and I still feel terrible for the victims. I guess it's just natural for me, someone who lives thousands of miles away, to think about gun control when I hear about this. In fact, whenever I hear about a shooting, my mind immediately jumps to the issue of gun control, that's just how I am. This is, after all, a political debate forum, I'm just expressing my point of view.


  9. #289
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    If we ever have thought police, I'm going directly to jail - do not pass go.
    We'd be cell mates, PlayDrive!!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #290
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungConserv View Post
    And it's a lot easier to defend yourself with a fire arm a luxury the ten adults today where not afforded.
    Yeah, right! Imagine how many fewer people would be dead in the USA if we had gun control laws like England does? In England if lovers get in a fight one of them doesn't pull out a gun and kill the other one. In England if people get in a fight on the street they don't pull out a gun and kill. The amount of real people that would not be killed each year if we had England's gun control laws is HUGE.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •