Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 629

Thread: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

  1. #271
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I wasnt chastising you. Sorry it came across that way. I'm...tired. I'm ready for a week with no radio, no internet, no TV, no news, no killings, no daily bloodletting. Im just...tired.

    I just spent 2 weeks in Philadelphia. How the **** do people live like that. Every day shootings, stabbings, drug beatings. The last news report I saw this morning at 4:35 AM involved two thugs shooting two people in a subway car for daring to suggest they please mind their language around children. The media and 'average' America gets energized only when there is some extraordinary event like a mass shooting. Meanwhile on a much smaller scale this stuff happens every day.

    Not personal. Apologies if it came across that way. Just tired.
    "The death of 1 is a tragedy"

    (The death of many is a travesty)

    "The death of a million is just another statistic." ~Marilyn Manson
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  2. #272
    Professor
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,234

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Seriously? My saying, "Now you are just being a bad joke," is an insult to you after you mention you not being able to smoke cigs in a bar is somehow a rational comparison to what happened today? No . . . I would say you insulted the intelligence of anyone who read your words here today. You are one of the most disrespectfully selfish people I have ever witnessed on the Internets.

    While I do not officially ignore people . . . I do ignore people out of choice . . . you hit that list.
    Well for those that do not ignore me.

    There is supported evidence that smoking a cigarette will give me a terminal disease resulting in my death, perhaps before 'my time'. Also if I smoke in doors the second hand smoke could potentialy affect the health of someone in the same room in the same way according to unsupported evidence. Therefore my personal choice to smoke must be regulated to where I cannot smoke in public due to the danger to others.

    Meanwhile, your personal choice to own a gun, which is a tool that has no other purpose on this earth but to adversly affect the health of everyone it is pointed at won't even be considered for debate just because we're all supposed to trust that you won't use it to kill someone. Well I'm sorry but I don't trust you because you have a gun which tells me you will kill someone and in the light of this and all the other tragic shootings this month alone as evidence, it is in fact gauranteed.

    This means that your personal choice to own a gun must be regulated to the point that it be rendered inoperable due to the fact that it is a danger to others.
    We must picture hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives with the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment.
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

  3. #273
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't think guns should be banned, for the record. I think more needs to be done to prevent mentally ill people from getting their hands on them so easily, though.
    What can be done is already being done in that regard. If we could read the future not only could we deny them a gun, but we'd know they were going to have a break and prevent it altogether. But we cannot.

  4. #274
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is the by-product of the Liberal nanny state.
    I see! Of course it's so clear now! Would you please explain your comment for the unenlightened how Liberals are responsible for continuous gun violence in the USA? I'm feeling like many people don't understand your point.
    The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  5. #275
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    A gun is effective when more importantly, no interference from anyone to deter *said shooter*
    Yes, but you are forgetting that *said shooter* has multiple targets and a person with a gun has one; *said shooter*. People get shot by accident all the time. The shooter will always have the advantage.

  6. #276
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    But it's the one you mentioned...so it's the one I responded to.

    You...bringing up your imagined "Things We Hate" list is nothing more than a non-response. Try addressing what I said to you.
    Oh it is a response but like another harump right wing member it isn't the one you like. You are just another nit picker.

  7. #277
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    Well for those that do not ignore me.

    There is supported evidence that smoking a cigarette will give me a terminal disease resulting in my death, perhaps before 'my time'. Also if I smoke in doors the second hand smoke could potentialy affect the health of someone in the same room in the same way according to unsupported evidence. Therefore my personal choice to smoke must be regulated to where I cannot smoke in public due to the danger to others.

    Meanwhile, your personal choice to own a gun, which is a tool that has no other purpose on this earth but to affect the health of everyone it is pointed at won't even be considered for debate just because we're all supposed to trust that you won't use it to kill someone. Well I'm sorry but I don't trust you because you have a gun which tells me you will kill someone. Because in the light of this and all the other tragic shootings this month alone, pretty much tells me that And that in light of all the other tragic shootings this month alone pretty much tells me that
    All people that smoke in under ventilated areas "shoot" people will their smoke. Not everyone who has a gun, even in public, does. Your comparison is not a good one.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #278
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    What a terrible tragedy. There have been so many shooting incidences recently, it seems like there's one every day. Condolences to all of the familes who have lost innocent loved ones. Seems especially hard this time of year.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #279
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't think guns should be banned, for the record. I think more needs to be done to prevent mentally ill people from getting their hands on them so easily, though.
    I own a shotgun, a 22, and two pistols. I live in a very rural area and I use the rifles for predators. I would have a very hard time getting a rifle into a building that had 'watched' doors. The pistols, I have used for predators(when I pulled up and a skunk was in the process of tearing a hole in my dog on the porch). I can see a use for them(pistols) but not so much. Mostly I have taken the pistol(tiny 22) with me on road trips when it was just me and the kids. I would give up my pistols if it meant that every pistol was melted down and made into something less destructive. You are right, guns are made to kill. There is a time for everything, including killing(rabies outbreaks in rural areas, coons eating my chickens etc), The problem is that I would give up my pistols because agreeing to be one of "everyone" would decrease the gun violence many times over, but "everyone", the ones who would do harm with them, aren't going to give them up any more than they have given up any other crime. I don't know how he got a rifle in the door unless no one was watching the door. Our school recently began locking the doors and now has a camera and a button in the office. They turned it off recently(laziness) I bet it comes back on now.
    I do understand the point, guns don't kill people, but people can kill more people faster with a gun than with a knife or golf club or rock. I also know that I would be at the mercy of my environment without one.

  10. #280
    Student jakiejakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Soho, NYC
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    263

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Gun Control isn't the answer.

    I fail to see how you can blame the tool for what happened. I don't care if there is this and the mall shooting, or 15 more shootings after this... it will NEVER be the GUN'S fault.



    I do find it interesting that we have had such an increase in shootings here lately......very convenient for the gun control crowd.
    HA! Why don't you let Fox News and World News Daily on your discovery! It's time for a new cycle of conspiracy nuttery / theories!
    The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •