Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 629

Thread: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

  1. #201
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    White House On Newtown School Shooting: Today Not The Day For Gun Control Debate

    Oh thank you so ****ing much Jay Carney.

    Tell us, when would be the most convenient time for you to talk about gun control? Shall we set up an appointment?
    We're not controlling it.

    Period.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I'm sorry, but as this tragedy clearly demonstrates, we can no longer sweep the truth under the rug with falsehoods and distortions such as these. You don't even know my position on gun control, and yet you claim to know it simply because you see the word "liberal" under my screen name. People like you need to stop sweeping the issue of gun control under the rug and let the public have an honest conversation about guns. That is all I am calling for right now, no more.
    Yes you are wanting to have a one-sided conversation. Liberals always do. Detroit--liberal failure; SE DC--liberal failure. Sit in whatever court does felonies on a couple sentencing days and get back to me about how many people who say, "I shouldn't go to prison, I am an addict" "It isn't my fault. I have bi-polar and was off my meds" or follow appeals where people shouldn't be put to death for killing people because their public defender didn't keep all the evidence against them out. Murders happen every day in America and it is never anybody's fault.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    El Monte, California
    Last Seen
    07-05-13 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,471

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    I was thinking that I was pretty damned upset that some 8 year olds had to go to school today and get killed because a bunch of mentally ill people with low self-esteem have to own a weapon because they're afraid of their own shadow that's all. And by mentally ill I mean that you all probably believe in god but not climate change even though one is right in front of your face and the other has never been seen.... ever.
    Ah man more comedy thanks for that

  4. #204
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    We're not controlling it.

    Period.
    You're right, we're not.


  5. #205
    Professor
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,234

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Seriously . . . now you are just being a bad joke. Smoking in a bar? Again . . . sometimes I truly wonder about people.
    Whatever, I smoke on my way to work and some people look at me like I'm death incarnate. Why is it that I'm the bad guy but the dude with the gun under his coat is all good? Explain that before you attempt to insult me again.
    “We must picture hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives with the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

  6. #206
    Professor
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,234

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by hawke812 View Post
    Ah man more comedy thanks for that
    I don't get your sense of humor but I see what you are trying to do....
    “We must picture hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives with the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

  7. #207
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    You're right, we're not.
    And this makes me content.

    Now if you will excuse me..... me and my gun are going to the bus stop to get my son.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #208
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    Yes there are crazy people that do crazy things like this but EVERYTIME someone shoots someone else the gunnies cry insane person ahhhh. Maybe maybe not. There is such a thing as a crime of passion or someone just having to face too much. That doesn't mean they are crazy. Most people have times like this.

    but they have to protect their delusion and so any time someone gets shot it can only be done by a crazy person.

    Stupidist argument I have ever heard.
    Sane people do not plan and shoot up places full of innocent people.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #209
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Very good speech by Obama. Heartfelt and sincere.

    I wish I could hug a family member of the victims.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #210
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    re: Two Gunmen at Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Shooting, One Dead [W:449/490/584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    White House On Newtown School Shooting: Today Not The Day For Gun Control Debate

    Oh thank you so ****ing much Jay Carney.

    Tell us, when would be the most convenient time for you to talk about gun control? Shall we set up an appointment?
    Wouldn't tomorrow strike you as more appropriate?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •