Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    There are three reasons Susan dropped out, Benghazi, Benghazi and BENGHAZI! obama wants this to go away before the facts come out.
    And as said before, do you feel the GOP is going to be ANY LESS scrutinizing JUST BECAUSE she is no longer the candidate? The correct answer is....No, the GOP will be just as relentless.

    So her appointment, or in this case non-appointment, doesn't matter in regards to the GOP scrutinizing the administration over Benghazi.

  2. #22
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    If he were smart he'd nominate a moderate republican, but since he is a democrat, I suspect he will first look for the most minority candidate he can find with a heart-beat.

    He could nominate Condoleezza Rice.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    He could nominate Condoleezza Rice.

    He could also nominate Santa Clause. Both have the same probability of getting nominated by Obama.

  4. #24
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    He could nominate Condoleezza Rice.
    another wise appointment as would be jon huntsman, jr
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Does that mean Rice is on the menu?

  6. #26
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    He could also nominate Santa Clause. Both have the same probability of getting nominated by Obama.
    Well, Santa is the king of giving things away regardless of the cost.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Well, Santa is the king of giving things away regardless of the cost.
    so is Jesus Christ, your point?

  8. #28
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    I assume that's why he spoke so highly of her, vehemently defended her record at numerous press events and challenged congressional members to reexamine their prior evalution of Rice, all well after the Benghazi fiasco. Not exactly a covert approach.
    He spoke highly of her because he would be admitting something if hadn't.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,133

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    What exactly was great about her job? She was ordinary in my opinion with a lot of travel and nothing noteworthy to point at as an accomplishment.
    she worked to prevent the Gaza conflict from becoming a region-wide war that we would have been involved in, for one.

    also, Hillary Rodham Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Susan Rice Withdraws as Sec of State Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And as said before, do you feel the GOP is going to be ANY LESS scrutinizing JUST BECAUSE she is no longer the candidate? The correct answer is....No, the GOP will be just as relentless.

    So her appointment, or in this case non-appointment, doesn't matter in regards to the GOP scrutinizing the administration over Benghazi.
    If Susan had to go before congress they would grill her on Benghazi and the obama media would be forced to report on the results.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •