Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 961

Thread: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

  1. #951
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You used the term "legal ruling." There was no legal ruling. It is the opinion of the DA that, in light of their investigation, the guy acted in self-defense, thus no charges will be filed. That's not a legal ruling. That's the result of an investigation.
    OK, that's the result of the state police investigation and this is the most authoritative conclusion to this case there will be, correct?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #952
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    OK, that's the result of the state police investigation and this is the most authoritative conclusion to this case there will be, correct?
    Yes, unless new evidence is discovered and the case is re-opened.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #953
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The State Police did an investigation after Crowder pressed charges, submitted them to the prosecuting attorney, and his decision was that it was self defense and did not move the case to court.

    What was illegal about the finding?


    Ah hello?
    There was no "legal ruling". Those get made and issued by a court, not a prosecutor and not the Police.

  4. #954
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yes, unless new evidence is discovered and the case is re-opened.
    Or if a higher authority decides the video doesn't show what they say it did and demands they take another look at it.

  5. #955
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yes, unless new evidence is discovered and the case is re-opened.
    Yep...............case closed.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #956
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Question now is who exactly is the DA. My bet is he's a Democrat that hates Fox news AND has political aspirations with the DNC, Governor maybe?

  7. #957
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    So your argument is that Union people that were intent on destroying private property were in the right to assault someone when Crowder and his news crew tried to protect said property?

    So why werent they then charged with destruction of private property? Because there is no question of that. Note: Crowder has not been charged either, indicating he committed no assault either.

    Truth is the officials involved know what side their bread is buttered on and probably dont want to risk union backlash into their careers. Prosecution of this was political as much as factual, imo.
    What I said was quite different than that. I said that a media person was there to provoke the protestors, and when a few of them became very upset, it got physical, and when you're getting physical with somebody, there is a possibility that they are going to get physical with you. Just because somebody gets a taste of their own medicine doesn't mean I am endorsing the medicine and signing off on its side-effects. I just think that for anybody who is dismayed by the way the media, on both sides of the spectrum, lies to the American public, when a person is out there actively involved in creating a fake story to further their career and cause, one should not feel the need to jump to their defense.

    I really wouldn't want to be siding with either one of the groups involved in this scuffle and it's a popular misconception that to condemn one you have to side with another.
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #958
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Stupid idiot had it coming to him eh? Oh yeah, he was just "asking for it."

    Use that same argument for rape, and you'll rightfully be called a misogynist.
    WHAT?! In the case of a person being raped, what are they doing wrong? Crowder wasn't innocent. He went in there with an agenda, he tried to get the protestors mad, and he got them mad, got involved with pushing back and forth, and then got punched. And thank you for comparing a single punch - one which didn't cause any noticeable physical harm - and rape, which can ruin a person's life.
    A working class hero is something to be

  9. #959
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    WHAT?! In the case of a person being raped, what are they doing wrong? Crowder wasn't innocent. He went in there with an agenda, he tried to get the protestors mad, and he got them mad, got involved with pushing back and forth, and then got punched. And thank you for comparing a single punch - one which didn't cause any noticeable physical harm - and rape, which can ruin a person's life.
    So the 1st amendment only applies to those persons, causes you support?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #960
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    WHAT?! In the case of a person being raped, what are they doing wrong? Crowder wasn't innocent. He went in there with an agenda, he tried to get the protestors mad, and he got them mad, got involved with pushing back and forth, and then got punched. And thank you for comparing a single punch - one which didn't cause any noticeable physical harm - and rape, which can ruin a person's life.
    And a misogynist can make the claim that dressing in skimpy clothing means a girl is just "looking" for sex. He may claim that she was being flirty and clearly "wanted" the sex. He may claim that she clearly "isn't innocent" when she is "dressing like a whore." Clearly she is just "asking for it." Its the same justification you're using to defend the union thug. Rape is still rape, and assualt is still assualt.

Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •