Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 961

Thread: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

  1. #921
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    link?
    Yeah. I found nothing on Google or Bing under "Steven Crowder" or "Steven Crowder dismissed".
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Difficult to dismiss charges that were never filed.

    No charges over Fox News contributor’s Michigan fistfight - Salon.com
    Sorry, that's what I meant to say, the prosecutor assigned to the case did not press charges against Steven Crowder

    It shows exactly what I was saying to Excon previously

    Dunnings said in an interview that the video his office originally reviewed on the matter “appeared to have been edited.” A subsequent review of what the prosecutor termed “unedited” video helped the office reach its decision not to proceed with a case.

    “A look at the unedited video, taken in conjunction with the statements of the alleged victim and the alleged assailant, led me to the conclusion that I would not authorize issuance of the warrant,” Dunnings said.
    My previous comment stands. Every person in this thread whining about the "union thugs" will conveniently forget what became of this little case. Many of us have been fooled by selective editing from the media, but none of us has any excuse after the media's little tricks have been exposed.
    A working class hero is something to be

  2. #922
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Somebody doesn't know Michigan very well
    iLOL
    I would suggest it is you.
    As change is slow, just coming around to conservatism does not make the sate any less liberal than it was before.
    Are trying to say that the liberal influence is not still there in as great force as it was?
    You would be fooling yourself if you think such.

    The political influence is still there as well as the Union's influence.





    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    It shows exactly what I was saying to Excon previously


    My previous comment stands. Every person in this thread whining about the "union thugs" will conveniently forget what became of this little case. Many of us have been fooled by selective editing from the media, but none of us has any excuse after the media's little tricks have been exposed.
    It doesn't show that at all. It shows there is something fishy going on.
    We had the unedited version before charges were even pressed/filed/reported by Crowder.
    There was no reason for the State to even be reviewing that one.

    The full version shows the thug acting out inappropriately in a violent manner.
    Other video shows the thug purposely antagonizing Crowder earlier , and of their attempt to take down a tent that did not belong to them.
    Those actions are despicable and illegal on their own.

    Something fishy is going on.

  3. #923
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It doesn't show that at all. It shows there is something fishy going on.
    We had the unedited version before charges were even pressed/filed/reported by Crowder.
    There was no reason for the State to even be reviewing that one.

    The full version shows the thug acting out inappropriately in a violent manner.
    Other video shows the thug purposely antagonizing Crowder earlier , and of their attempt to take down a tent that did not belong to them.
    Those actions are despicable and illegal on their own.

    Something fishy is going on.
    Yeah, I'll tell you what's going on, you're missing half of the story. Do you know who you haven't heard from? The people there that day. You haven't heard the story from the gentleman who punched Crowder, nor have you heard Crowder comment on this story since the charges weren't pursued. Don't you think he'd be pretty vocal if the police department was colluding with union organizers? I think a Fox News journalist might have something to say about that.

    Read between the lines, man. Crowder's crew wanted to rile up the protestors and see some really crazy stuff go down, so they started arguing with the union guys, then the union guys got "all up in their space," then Crowder and his crew were pushing people, which then caused the punch. Watch the video, read the story, use some of that brainpower. That's what happened. And having worked in television before, I can tell you that what I just said is the truth. That's how the game is played and there isn't anything fishy about it (unless you call misleading your viewers and creating fake news stories fishy)
    A working class hero is something to be

  4. #924
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Yeah, I'll tell you what's going on, you're missing half of the story.
    No I am not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Do you know who you haven't heard from? The people there that day.
    Yes we have. We herd from the Union thugs in their tearing down of the tent. We heard their threats and intimidation.
    And we have heard from those inside the tent, and about the on site vendor who's property that was vandalized by those union thugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    You haven't heard the story from the gentleman who punched Crowder,
    You lost any credibility you may have had by calling him a gentleman, as he certainly was not.
    We have seen the unedited tape. He can not justify laying his hands on another person.
    We have seen the other tapes where he was the antagonize earlier.
    He was no gentleman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Don't you think he'd be pretty vocal if the police department was colluding with union organizers?
    Ah hello!
    Who said anything about collusion with police?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Read between the lines, man.
    Already have. And apparently it is written in a language that you can not understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Read between the lines, man. Crowder's crew wanted to rile up the protestors and see some really crazy stuff go down, so they started arguing with the union guys, then the union guys got "all up in their space," then Crowder and his crew were pushing people, which then caused the punch. Watch the video, read the story, use some of that brainpower. That's what happened. And having worked in television before, I can tell you that what I just said is the truth. That's how the game is played and there isn't anything fishy about it (unless you call misleading your viewers and creating fake news stories fishy)
    Wrong.
    We can see the videos from that day. You are wrong
    Going there to show union thugs acting as union thugs is one thing. Making the accusation that they purposely riled them up is another, and it is a bull**** accusation.
    That is you adding unsupportable supposition to your inaccurate reading of between the lines.


    And frankly it is ridiculous for you to sit here and say such.
    Such behavior is the norm for liberal union thugs when a person shows they disagree with their position. They react aggressively and violently.
    They tore down a tent. That is not gentlemanly behavior, is it?
    They even know this about themselves. Why do you think they had Union supervisors there to quell any aggression from their members? Because they know it is the norm. Duh!

  5. #925
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Yeah, I'll tell you what's going on, you're missing half of the story. Do you know who you haven't heard from? The people there that day. You haven't heard the story from the gentleman who punched Crowder, nor have you heard Crowder comment on this story since the charges weren't pursued. Don't you think he'd be pretty vocal if the police department was colluding with union organizers? I think a Fox News journalist might have something to say about that.
    Why would the Union thugs say anything? They have an entire liberal machine to stand behind them and re invent the story to their favor...

    Read between the lines, man. Crowder's crew wanted to rile up the protestors and see some really crazy stuff go down, so they started arguing with the union guys, then the union guys got "all up in their space," then Crowder and his crew were pushing people, which then caused the punch. Watch the video, read the story, use some of that brainpower. That's what happened. And having worked in television before, I can tell you that what I just said is the truth. That's how the game is played and there isn't anything fishy about it (unless you call misleading your viewers and creating fake news stories fishy)
    "All up in their space"? Are you kidding here? Who deemed that tent "Union space"? Does the Union own the land that the capitol building is located on?

    You are making a false argument. Essentially saying that it is ok to assault anyone you disagree with politically, or even attack them, commit battery on them if you don't like their views...That really a society you want to live in?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #926
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,809

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Funny (peculiar) and sad that the True Believers can look at physical evidence which totally destroys their particular belief and yet make loud statements that it supports what they say.


    I've yet to see a true "unedited" version of the Crowder tape but the relevant portions of several do show that the man who punched Crowder was either tripped or punched to the ground before he jumped up and punched Crowder. Crowder may or may not have assaulted the guy first, that part is definitely unclear but obviously someone had assaulted the union man first and because of Crowder's early actions, the guy thought it was Crowder who had assaulted him.

    Crowder's Youtube page

    Mr Crowder has some kind of a problem because the page says:
    "New video every Thursday!

    Videos of the stand-up comedian, FoxNews Contributor and social/political commentator Steven Crowder.

    New video every Thursday!"


    yet the last video posted was "2 months ago" and it is the "unedited" version. The very beginning of the video indicates editing as it shows two different times for the "raw video" to start, with one time superimposed over the other.
    Last edited by Somerville; 03-18-13 at 10:55 AM.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #927
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why would the Union thugs say anything? They have an entire liberal machine to stand behind them and re invent the story to their favor...

    "All up in their space"? Are you kidding here? Who deemed that tent "Union space"? Does the Union own the land that the capitol building is located on?

    You are making a false argument. Essentially saying that it is ok to assault anyone you disagree with politically, or even attack them, commit battery on them if you don't like their views...That really a society you want to live in?
    I'm not saying anything remotely close to that. First off, I didn't say that the tent was Union space. I said that the union guys were "all up in their (the Americans for Prosperity/Steven Crowder and his crew) space." My argument is that these media guys who create stories using selective editing are scum and if they get punched trying to provoke people to get some good angry union guys on tape, I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for them and obviously prosecutors don't feel sympathy for Crowder either. That's why no charges were pressed.

    Crowder admits he and his crew pushed people. They showed up blatantly provoking protestors (a journalist who's question is "why won't you let me work?" is not a journalist fyi) and continued to engage them when they got angry, they got into a pushing match, and a guy who was pushed down punched him in the face.

    Do I want to live in a society where people react violently to views they disagree with? No, of course not. I wouldn't have punched Crowder. But seeing the scumbag tactics Crowder used to create his story, and knowing that he and his crew got involved and were pushing people, I am quite glad he was ultimately exposed as the liar he is. We haven't seen the last fake story from him yet, though. He'll be back, and he'll be crying like a baby telling us the big bad liberals took away his toys and you'll all be outraged.
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #928
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061592911

    What say you now ExCon, now that it has been determined the Union guy was acting in self-defense?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #929
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,736

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I'm not saying anything remotely close to that. First off, I didn't say that the tent was Union space. I said that the union guys were "all up in their (the Americans for Prosperity/Steven Crowder and his crew) space." My argument is that these media guys who create stories using selective editing are scum and if they get punched trying to provoke people to get some good angry union guys on tape, I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for them and obviously prosecutors don't feel sympathy for Crowder either. That's why no charges were pressed.

    Crowder admits he and his crew pushed people. They showed up blatantly provoking protestors (a journalist who's question is "why won't you let me work?" is not a journalist fyi) and continued to engage them when they got angry, they got into a pushing match, and a guy who was pushed down punched him in the face.

    Do I want to live in a society where people react violently to views they disagree with? No, of course not. I wouldn't have punched Crowder. But seeing the scumbag tactics Crowder used to create his story, and knowing that he and his crew got involved and were pushing people, I am quite glad he was ultimately exposed as the liar he is. We haven't seen the last fake story from him yet, though. He'll be back, and he'll be crying like a baby telling us the big bad liberals took away his toys and you'll all be outraged.
    So your argument is that Union people that were intent on destroying private property were in the right to assault someone when Crowder and his news crew tried to protect said property?

    So why werent they then charged with destruction of private property? Because there is no question of that. Note: Crowder has not been charged either, indicating he committed no assault either.

    Truth is the officials involved know what side their bread is buttered on and probably dont want to risk union backlash into their careers. Prosecution of this was political as much as factual, imo.

  10. #930
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061592911

    What say you now ExCon, now that it has been determined the Union guy was acting in self-defense?
    What that unedited video does prove is that it was NOT self-defense.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •