Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 961

Thread: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

  1. #881
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,727

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    And I am positive that you would turn me over to the Thought Police if you could. However, this not the point. The point is that Chowder went down to a very legitimate protest against very insidious legislation, and deliberately antagonized the protesters, whom he knew to be rightfully livid about legislation which he and the neofascist propaganda machine he represents had deliberately misinformed the American people. Chowder willfully picked a fight so that the neofascists who employ him could portray the union supporters as violent and criminal, thereby attempting to turn public opinion against organized labor.

    Understand that RTW is not a mere cognitive matter. It is an attack upon the protesters means of making a living and surviving in the world. And whether you recognize it or not, it is an issue which informed middle class citizens should be expected to fight against, physically, as it is a literal declaration of war against, not only organized labor, but the American Dream.



    I am NOT interested in the legalities of the issue. The sort of civil unrest which RTW will manifest in the fullness of time will be entirely outside the bounds of civil and criminal law. Of this, you can be certain. There will be blood in the streets, just as there was during the formative years of organized labor; so get this through your head right now: a mere punch in the face to some ass-clown talking-head is nothing compared to what is sure to come in the not too distant future. I am not saying this prescriptively---that would be redundant considering what we already know about the history of organized labor in conflict with wealthy upper class plutocrats. However, I am saying it descriptively. In the fullness of time, Chowder, and all such mouthpieces for a neofascist plutocracy, will be inclined to say their prayers every time they start their car engine, or even step outside their own front door to pick up the mail. Labor unions are ultimately a street thing since the struggles entailed with obtaining a decent wage and decent working conditions are invariably taken to the streets when representative government merely represents the interests of an uber-wealthy upper class minority (as happens every time RTW legislation is passed).
    And people say Unions dont use thug tactics anymore. If this is the union mentality, you have already lost. Get ready, if you and the unions resort to those tactics, they will cease to exist as organizations in short order. It is indeed a different world from when unions were formed in this country. I dont think people will allow those things quite as readily as they accepted them before and during WW2.

  2. #882
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    And people say Unions dont use thug tactics anymore. If this is the union mentality, you have already lost. Get ready, if you and the unions resort to those tactics, they will cease to exist as organizations in short order. It is indeed a different world from when unions were formed in this country. I dont think people will allow those things quite as readily as they accepted them before and during WW2.
    You don't get it. The nation is regressing socio-politically.

    As the middle class begins to evaporate, and more and more Americans find themselves marginalized and impoverished, you are going to see violence and social unrest on an unprecedented scale.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  3. #883
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,727

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    You don't get it. The nation is regressing socio-politically.

    As the middle class begins to evaporate, and more and more Americans find themselves marginalized and impoverished, you are going to see violence and social unrest on an unprecedented scale.
    Something which has been said quite a lot since the great depression. Usually as a cover for extreme political behavior.

  4. #884
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    You don't get it. The nation is regressing socio-politically.

    As the middle class begins to evaporate, and more and more Americans find themselves marginalized and impoverished, you are going to see violence and social unrest on an unprecedented scale.


    There ya go just like we had right before the Unions were created. Employers wanted every one to be their lacky so they could get richer and richer...the employers hired THUGS to beat and kill workers who tried to organize others...today the rich employers still hire thugs only they are called conservative teaparty politicians and they are paid handsomely by the koch brother type of thugs.

  5. #885
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Something which has been said quite a lot since the great depression. Usually as a cover for extreme political behavior.
    Wrong it was a reality right before the unions started...to exact that extreme violent behavior people have to get the tipping point of what they can take...

  6. #886
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,727

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    There ya go just like we had right before the Unions were created. Employers wanted every one to be their lacky so they could get richer and richer...the employers hired THUGS to beat and kill workers who tried to organize others...today the rich employers still hire thugs only they are called conservative teaparty politicians and they are paid handsomely by the koch brother type of thugs.
    Im lookin at the video, the thug appears to be the union guy....since Crowder didnt take a swing at him. The Koch's are different from Soros how again? Im still trying to get used to the fact that the far left likes to label and demonize all the opposition to them so they can rationalize any sort of behavior they choose. Its pathetic and transparent.

  7. #887
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Im lookin at the video, the thug appears to be the union guy....since Crowder didnt take a swing at him. The Koch's are different from Soros how again? Im still trying to get used to the fact that the far left likes to label and demonize all the opposition to them so they can rationalize any sort of behavior they choose. Its pathetic and transparent.
    Forget liberal conservative reporter ok...any reporter thats idiot enough as this clown was to run around getting in the face of a crowd of protesting working class man is an idiot. You can make ANYONE punch you if you annoy them enough once they are already riled up.
    Id like to know why this guy was even allowed to be doing what he was doing...the Police should have backed him up.

  8. #888
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,727

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Forget liberal conservative reporter ok...any reporter thats idiot enough as this clown was to run around getting in the face of a crowd of protesting working class man is an idiot. You can make ANYONE punch you if you annoy them enough once they are already riled up.
    Id like to know why this guy was even allowed to be doing what he was doing...the Police should have backed him up.
    Youre right, they should have shut the protest down if they were that close to violent behavior. Because Crowder was exercising his political rights. You and Sig seem to think the ends justifies the means and the right shouldnt have a voice without threat of violence. Thats wrong. In fact, we have entire volumes of law detailing why its wrong.

  9. #889
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Youre right, they should have shut the protest down if they were that close to violent behavior. Because Crowder was exercising his political rights. You and Sig seem to think the ends justifies the means and the right shouldnt have a voice without threat of violence. Thats wrong. In fact, we have entire volumes of law detailing why its wrong.
    Youre confused, the protesters were exercising their constitutional rights...crowder was a PAID reporter getting in their face to make himself look good and got hit...it was crowder the police should have removed.

  10. #890
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,727

    Re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Youre confused, the protesters were exercising their constitutional rights...crowder was a PAID reporter getting in their face to make himself look good and got hit...it was crowder the police should have removed.
    Youre certainly welcome to your misinterpretation. But thats what it is. So Crowder isnt allowed to exercise his rights without being swung at? And you support that?

Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •