Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 961

Thread: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

  1. #771
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Sure.

    People who are gleefully ojtsourcing american jobs are spending millions getting laws passed so people can work.

    Sure they are.

    Its about hamstringing the democrat party and nothing else.

    Cutting their union purse strings and union election foot soldiers.

    Winning elections for republicans at the expense of american workers.

    If unions are a dying anachronism, capjtalism will kill them all by itself.

    It wouldnt justify spending millions of dollars to kill them.

    So somebodies lying to somebody about their motives.

    Everyone is free to not work at a place that does things they don't like. Or doesnt pay enough.

    Or requires one to join a union.

    Internal consistency isn't a modern conservative quality.

    If a person wants to work at a place, and as much as you just admitted that the union is a quasi demo financier, but the person does not want his money going to the demo's, then why should they be forced to join a union?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #772
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,450
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If a person wants to work at a place, and as much as you just admitted that the union is a quasi demo financier, but the person does not want his money going to the demo's, then why should they be forced to join a union?
    They are free to work somewhere more in keeping with their ideology.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #773
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    They are free to work somewhere more in keeping with their ideology.
    Not good enough. The union doesn't own the job.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #774
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,450
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not good enough. The union doesn't own the job.
    They have some kind of contractual control, or there would be no reason to pass rtw laws.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #775
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    They have some kind of contractual control, or there would be no reason to pass rtw laws.
    Well, that may be true however unions are on their way out unless they change their ways...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #776
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,812

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, that may be true however unions are on their way out unless they change their ways...

    Maybe - maybe not

    Michigan's Snyder pays a price for anti-union law

    . . . in hypothetical matchups, Snyder "trails every Democrat we tested against him," even though the leading Democratic candidates aren't especially well known statewide (not one has name recognition above 50%).

    Snyder still has two years before he'll face voters again, which is obviously an enormous amount of time in the context of campaign politics. But it's clear the governor's standing has plummeted, and would have been far stronger had he kept his word to his constituents.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #777
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,450
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, that may be true however unions are on their way out unless they change their ways...
    So why are billionaires spending millions trying to kill unions?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  8. #778
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes you are wrong. Period. As it has nothing to do with Tony hitting Crowder.

    Man-up and admit it!

    So stop trying to take the thread off topic.
    Still dodging the question, I see. Is this because you know full well that RTW is nothing more than insidiously violent union-busting machination promoted by the Kochs, and thus you will not answer the question because you know I will bury you if you do, or because you really have no idea what you're talking about?

    Crowder may be an ass-clown, but I'm sure he knows what RTW is really all about. Therefore, he is knowingly and consciously misleading the People and deliberately undermining the ability of middle class union workers (and middle class non-union workers as well) to earn a decent living.

    In other words, he is an amoral mouthpiece for the upper class elite who uses his petty position with Faux News to spew malice and deceit. He came looking for trouble amongst the middle class and he found it.

    Isn't that right?
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  9. #779
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Maybe - maybe not

    Rachael Maddow? Oh please....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #780
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan [W:867]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    So why are billionaires spending millions trying to kill unions?

    Maybe they have something against being extorted in order to do business.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •