Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 104

Thread: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

  1. #31
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Everything republican seems to go back to the Kochs. Just about everything republican or conservative(ish).
    And everything liberal seems to go back to George Soros. What's your point, and how is it relevant to the thread?
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  2. #32
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    The biggest threat to public sector unions is Obama as more and more see their unions dues go for big government, stateist, socialist and commie ideology. Union membership has declined under Obama by half a million plus. Now, even in Michigan and the other right to work states, union membership is not required...which means far and far less dues going to the unions to support their big government...Hopefully in time more will peter out which will mean the decline of the democratic socialist, stateist party. Booyah!!!!!
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  3. #33
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,044

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    And everything liberal seems to go back to George Soros. What's your point, and how is it relevant to the thread?
    Thing is, I'm right and you are just making **** up.

    And it has to do with the thread because it was a part of the conversation I was having with someone in this thread about the topic. Not to mention the link right there in your quote of me that I wrote... is to a story about the thread's topic. Do try to keep up.
    Last edited by poweRob; 12-11-12 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #34
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,044

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    The biggest threat to public sector unions is Obama as more and more see their unions dues go for big government, stateist, socialist and commie ideology. Union membership has declined under Obama by half a million plus. Now, even in Michigan and the other right to work states, union membership is not required...which means far and far less dues going to the unions to support their big government...Hopefully in time more will peter out which will mean the decline of the democratic socialist, stateist party. Booyah!!!!!
    "Socialist and commie ideology." Political ignorance yet again driving another thread into oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Everything republican seems to go back to the Kochs. Just about everything republican or conservative(ish).

    ALEC
    CATO institute
    Heritage Foundation
    Tea Party funding
    FreedomWorks
    Americans for Prosperity
    Jealousy will get you nowhere…
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  6. #36
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,044

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Jealousy will get you nowhere…
    Not jealous at all. I actually pity true Republicans. Their party is clearly being hijacked from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Not jealous at all. I actually pity true Republicans. Their party is clearly being hijacked from them.
    If you say so…but considering local polling RTW seems pretty popular:
    The survey, commissioned by Inside Michigan Politics, showed that 58 percent of likely voters support right-to-work. Opposition among Michigan voters participating in the survey was at 37 percent.
    [QUOTE=Dickieboy;1061239607]Most Michigan Voters Think Right-to-Work Is a Winner [Michigan Capitol Confidential]
    The poll found a 54% majority said they generally favor right-to-work laws, with 40% opposed.

    Poll finds Michigan voters divided on right-to-work laws; what do you think? | Michigan news | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
    As legislators this week sparred over right-to-work legislation in a post-election "lame-duck" session, a new Mitchell Poll shows that a majority (51 percent) of Michigan voters support a Right-to-Work Law. Only 41 percent of the voters oppose it, while 8 percent are undecided.

    Mitchell poll: Michigan voters favor right-to-work, 51-41 | www.michiganview.com | The Michigan View

    Of course maybe you are of the opinion that legislation shouldn't have the support of the electorate...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  8. #38
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,044

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    [QUOTE=Dickieboy;1061239723]If you say so…but considering local polling RTW seems pretty popular:


    If it has so much support, then why did the legislature then feel the need to lock the public out and speed the bill through with no debate? I mean, RTW in Michigan is soooo popular clearly they had no need to do this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    If it has so much support, then why did the legislature then feel the need to lock the public out and speed the bill through with no debate? I mean, RTW in Michigan is soooo popular clearly they had no need to do this right?
    Obviously they feared the minority that was opposed to it would turn violent…considering the various reports from the area (and other like actions) they appear to have acted prudently.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #40
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: House votes: Michigan is going to become a 'right-to-work' state for all

    Right to work is a smart move to curb potential job losses to the South.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •