Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #581
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    As for the "American" brands, if there really is any such thing any more, I totally disagree that the added costs are the reasons they haven't been selling as briskly as some of the other brands. Look at the prices of similar models of Honda, Toyota, and Chevrolet, for example, and you'll see that the prices are quite similar. Chevy is most likely going to be the least expensive, as a matter of fact. Look at Consumer Reports, however, and talk to people who have owned these brands before, and you'll get the same story: Hondas and Toyotas are much more reliable and better designed. That's why the big three automakers are in trouble. It's called "competition", and without it, Chrysler, Ford and GM would still be selling us tail fins.
    Agreed, and the Hondas and Toyotas are made in America. In fact, they have more American content than the Big Three (which rely heavily on Canadian plants). And they are indeed more reliable and better designed. And they are made in RTW states. Coincidence??
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  2. #582
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Yes and quit try to gloss over exactly what Republicans did to this country over the last 30 years. At some point the reckless attitude displayed by Republicans through tax cuts that benefitted only the top earners, massive military spending, give aways to big corporations, the repeal of Glass Stegall, and a few other caused the whole economy to crash. Obama really did not have a choice but to spend to get us out of the whole. One point I would like to make is yes when Glass Stegall was repealed Clinton was President and should have vetoed that bill. However it would have passed regardless because of who controlled the congress. At some point the fiddler had to be paid and regardless who one in 2008 we were looking at masssive spending. So dont act like it wasnt a choice.

    PolitiFact | Mitt Romney says Barack Obama has 'doubled' the deficit

    However take a look at the above article and see what has actually been done since then. Very telling and most Republicans will not admit it. Instead like Romney they are not going to let facts get in the way of a good ole fashion lie.
    Did you learn personal responsibility in school? every taxpayer got a tax cut and that allows people to spend their own money and you seem to have a problem with that. That is class envy and promotes class warfare. We have a 16.3 trillion dollar debt most of which came from social engineering.

    You seem to have a real problem with rich people and Republicans ,how did they hurt you or your family? Accept a little responsibility for a change. Obama took office with a 10.6 trillion dollar debt which today is 16.3 trillion. What share are you paying of that debt service/

  3. #583
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Very Selective Memory you have as you ignore the elections of 1994 as well as the Tax reduction act of 1997. How convenient!! Democrats controlled the Congress when the Clinton tax increases were signed into law and that led to the "bloodbath" of 1994 and the economic turnaround.

    Whats selective about my post?Unlike yours,it addressed the post I quoted. You’re post seems to imply that somehow the "bloodbath of 1994" was somehow responsible for the surpluses of the Clinton years.

    If so, point me towards any significant, second term bills passed,during that time that you feel is responsible for the surplus that occurred during the Clinton boom. Incidentally,at the start of Clinton's second term,the unemployment he inherited from bush #1,was=7.3, compared to the end of term one rate of=5.3.

    Myself the only significant thing that I can recall is NAFTA;imo that mistake has,and is still is a drag. Thru these two bloodshot eyes the economy was well on its way into a rip roaring recovery when the so-called "bloodbath of 1994"hit.In spite of newts 1993 prediction that "the economy would suffer if Clinton raised marginal tax rates".

    The state children's health-law,though commendable, hardly contributed to the boom. As a matter fact,if my memory serves me right, the republicans(at least in the house) were wasting away there time and treasure,lugging around a seamen stained dress, trying to impeach the President.

    Hopefully, during Obamas second term,bohner will show SOME of leadership and sweep the"teabaggers/grovers" aside and then,just just maybe, we can get something accomplished during OUR PRESIDENTS second term.If not,there’s it onto 2014 and republican irrelevancy, at least on the national level, for years to come.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #584
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Whats selective about my post?Unlike yours,it addressed the post I quoted. You’re post seems to imply that somehow the "bloodbath of 1994" was somehow responsible for the surpluses of the Clinton years.

    If so, point me towards any significant, second term bills passed,during that time that you feel is responsible for the surplus that occurred during the Clinton boom. Incidentally,at the start of Clinton's second term,the unemployment he inherited from bush #1,was=7.3, compared to the end of term one rate of=5.3.

    Myself the only significant thing that I can recall is NAFTA;imo that mistake has,and is still is a drag. Thru these two bloodshot eyes the economy was well on its way into a rip roaring recovery when the so-called "bloodbath of 1994"hit.In spite of newts 1993 prediction that "the economy would suffer if Clinton raised marginal tax rates".

    The state children's health-law,though commendable, hardly contributed to the boom. As a matter fact,if my memory serves me right, the republicans(at least in the house) were wasting away there time and treasure,lugging around a seamen stained dress, trying to impeach the President.

    Hopefully, during Obamas second term,bohner will show SOME of leadership and sweep the"teabaggers/grovers" aside and then,just just maybe, we can get something accomplished during OUR PRESIDENTS second term.If not,there’s it onto 2014 and republican irrelevancy, at least on the national level, for years to come.

    Yeah, maybe we can all just wad the Constitution up, and throw it in the trash, and cede all legislative budgetary oversight to Obama, and all become good little drones...I am giddy with anticipation....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #585
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Whipsnade;1061257124]Whats selective about my post?Unlike yours,it addressed the post I quoted. You’re post seems to imply that somehow the "bloodbath of 1994" was somehow responsible for the surpluses of the Clinton years.
    You realize no matter how many times you make the statement it still remains a lie according to the bank account of the United States. Please show me the budget surplus in the Treasury Data

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    why do you continue to perpetuate the lie. Please educate yourself on the budget of the United States and what makes up the deficit?

    If so, point me towards any significant, second term bills passed,during that time that you feel is responsible for the surplus that occurred during the Clinton boom. Incidentally,at the start of Clinton's second term,the unemployment he inherited from bush #1,was=7.3, compared to the end of term one rate of=5.3.
    Tax Reduction Act of 1997 was in the Clinton second term. Google it and learn something

    Myself the only significant thing that I can recall is NAFTA;imo that mistake has,and is still is a drag. Thru these two bloodshot eyes the economy was well on its way into a rip roaring recovery when the so-called "bloodbath of 1994"hit.In spite of newts 1993 prediction that "the economy would suffer if Clinton raised marginal tax rates".
    Continuing to relive the past only allows you to divert from the present and the disaster called Obama. You probably weren't very old during the Clinton years but that doesn't prevent you today from actually doing some research. You might want to start by googling the Contract with America

    The state children's health-law,though commendable, hardly contributed to the boom. As a matter fact,if my memory serves me right, the republicans(at least in the house) were wasting away there time and treasure,lugging around a seamen stained dress, trying to impeach the President.
    Lying under oath is a felony

    Hopefully, during Obamas second term,bohner will show SOME of leadership and sweep the"teabaggers/grovers" aside and then,just just maybe, we can get something accomplished during OUR PRESIDENTS second term.If not,there’s it onto 2014 and republican irrelevancy, at least on the national level, for years to come.
    LOL, teabaggers? We saw leadership when Obama had total control of the Congress but then again the leftwing sites you read won't show you how poor that leadership was. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the U.S. Treasury will.

  6. #586
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    "Clinton's record promoted as having generated a surplus. It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, far from a $360 billion reduction in the national debt in FY1998-FY2000, there was an increase of $281 billion.

    Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury (see note about this link below) website where the national debt is updated daily and a history of the debt since January 1993 can be obtained. Considering the government's fiscal year ends on the last day of September each year, and considering Clinton's budget proposal in 1993 took effect in October 1993 and concluded September 1994 (FY1994), here's the national debt at the end of each year of Clinton Budgets":

    Fiscal
    Year Year
    Ending National Debt Deficit
    FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
    FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
    FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
    FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
    FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
    FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
    FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
    FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
    FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion


    The Myth of the Clinton Surplus
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #587
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "Clinton's record promoted as having generated a surplus. It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, far from a $360 billion reduction in the national debt in FY1998-FY2000, there was an increase of $281 billion.

    Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury (see note about this link below) website where the national debt is updated daily and a history of the debt since January 1993 can be obtained. Considering the government's fiscal year ends on the last day of September each year, and considering Clinton's budget proposal in 1993 took effect in October 1993 and concluded September 1994 (FY1994), here's the national debt at the end of each year of Clinton Budgets":

    Fiscal
    Year Year
    Ending National Debt Deficit
    FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
    FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
    FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
    FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
    FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
    FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
    FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
    FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
    FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion


    The Myth of the Clinton Surplus
    How can anyone look at those numbers and still claim there was a budget surplus? Any surplus would reduce the debt and as reported by the bank of the U.S. the debt rose every year and that debt increase includes debt service.

  8. #588
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How can anyone look at those numbers and still claim there was a budget surplus?
    There is none so blind as he who will not see. I think I heard that somewhere...
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #589
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, we can stop right here...This paragraph is such total pablum it is hard to even fathom what it really is that you think a Union may be responsible for? You are a union apologist and will not see the reality of the situation here....Union popularity is 7% Ditto, 7%....If Unions and their supporters like you don't wake the hell up, and realize that this ...

    Attachment 67139424


    Is a reality of what people think of when they think of unions.
    That 7% is about the same as the approval rating of the US Congress. Should we disband that body as well?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #590
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Agreed, and the Hondas and Toyotas are made in America. In fact, they have more American content than the Big Three (which rely heavily on Canadian plants). And they are indeed more reliable and better designed. And they are made in RTW states. Coincidence??
    Coincidence that reliable and well designed cars are made in RTW states instead of in foreign nations? I don't know. What do you think the cause and effect might be?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •