Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #551
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    No I dont the biggest drivers of the debt were the Bush tav cuts. We had a surplus before boy wonder got into office and just like Republicans do when in power they charge up the credit card. See Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2. Obama had to clean up the mess left by the Republican congress and President.


    Your reply shows you are not serious about this countries debt problem.
    I love it when people cherry pick around Congress. The Congress that gave us the surplus before Bush was a GOP congress, and all during Reagan/Bush years it was a democratic congress, but you seem to totally reverse that in your analysis as it suits you.

  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your jealousy is unbecoming. If the line worker is upset at what he or she makes as opposed to the CEO of a multi national company, then maybe instead of drinking booze, and smoking pot on their breaks, and all through out High School, they should have excelled in business in collage, and got the job....Don't be silly.
    Really so now everyone that works a line is a drunk, potsmoking, undereducated loser. Well how typically Republican of you no wonder Republicans lost big in the last election. The facts are this country has the highest income gap in the world or very close to it.

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I love it when people cherry pick around Congress. The Congress that gave us the surplus before Bush was a GOP congress, and all during Reagan/Bush years it was a democratic congress, but you seem to totally reverse that in your analysis as it suits you.
    No it was a democrate as a President and a gop congress that cared about the country. Under Reagan and Bush it was a mix of both quit trying to rewrite history big fail there.

  4. #554
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    They do not threaten violence, they predict violence which is something completely different from threatening violence.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #555
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    No I dont the biggest drivers of the debt were the Bush tav cuts.

    Wrong. People keeping more of their own money is not a debt driver. Spending is. Like social welfare entitlements.

    We had a surplus before boy wonder got into office
    No you didn't....Sizzle nuts Clinton used smoke and mirror gimmicks to make it seem so but it evaporated as soon as the tech bubble burst.

    Republicans do when in power they charge up the credit card. See Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2.
    Obama's Chinese AmEx makes all three of theirs look like peanuts.

    Obama had to clean up the mess left by the Republican congress and President.
    I know this is the talking point, but just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it a total fact...Obama has outspent every President before him, and left unchecked he will continue to spend over a Trillion a year for as far as the eye can see.

    Your reply shows you are not serious about this countries debt problem.
    Textbook projection.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #556
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    No it was a democrate as a President and a gop congress that cared about the country. Under Reagan and Bush it was a mix of both quit trying to rewrite history big fail there.
    LOL Big Fail? Facts are facts about who controlled the House and when and during the Reagan Bush years you lament it was the democrats as it was during must of our years of deficit spending

    Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives.jpg

  7. #557
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    They do not threaten violence, they predict violence which is something completely different from threatening violence.
    yeah, lol, it's like a bad imitation of goodfellas...."uh, hey....I ain't tellin' yuz what's commin'....but it could look a whole lot like violence....If yuz know what I mean"....

    hahaha....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #558
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Reagan out spent every President before him and so did Bush 2 so what is your point. Obama inherited a mess created by a Republican congress and a President as well. Most of that debt can fall back on Bush 2. Sorry facts do not lie. There was no concern when Bush 2 was running up the debt at all same with Reagan.


    Economic Downturn and Bush Policies Continue to Drive Large Projected Deficits — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities


    There ya go doubt you will read it but your delusions are funny eitherway

  9. #559
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That unsustainable contract is what the management agreed to. If it was not sustainable, and it's easy to see why it isn't, then that is not the fault of the union, nor the workers who hired them to negotiate for them. No one forced management to agree to unreasonable demands.
    Someone did a poor job of negotiation.

    As for the "American" brands, if there really is any such thing any more, I totally disagree that the added costs are the reasons they haven't been selling as briskly as some of the other brands. Look at the prices of similar models of Honda, Toyota, and Chevrolet, for example, and you'll see that the prices are quite similar. Chevy is most likely going to be the least expensive, as a matter of fact. Look at Consumer Reports, however, and talk to people who have owned these brands before, and you'll get the same story: Hondas and Toyotas are much more reliable and better designed. That's why the big three automakers are in trouble. It's called "competition", and without it, Chrysler, Ford and GM would still be selling us tail fins.

    What a bologna answer ditto...You said the union didn't negotiate unreasonable demands, now you agree that they are unreasonable, but it's managements fault....Anything to cover for unions eh?

    Oh, and as for the quality comparison, maybe they should cut out the dope smokin on lunch break in the park and focus on the job for that kind of money, ya think?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #560
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    LOL Big Fail? Facts are facts about who controlled the House and when and during the Reagan Bush years you lament it was the democrats as it was during must of our years of deficit spending

    Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives.jpg
    Dems controled the House from 1981 through 1987 the debt would have been much worse had taxes not been raised 11 times. Republicans had the Senate. Bush 1 didnt do that bad because he had to raise taxes again after the free wheeling of Reagan. Only one year of Reagans presidency did Dems control everything.

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •