Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #491
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Oh, really? Context is important. Corporations do not require employees to invest in the company, nor do they legally require anyone else to invest in the corporation. That is the context of Union legislation enablement. Your argument is specious at best.
    I am not trying to equate corporate structure to union structure, that was not the context. The context was whether or not corporatists were relying upon legislation to further their agenda when the argument was that they do everything on a "free market" basis.

    Speciousness.....indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #492
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    No one is compelled to pay a corporation to be employed.
    No one should have to be a member of a union to work.

    Do you have a point?
    False premise with strawman, federal law prohibits denial of work based upon union membership.

    You missed the point, now you are going off on something else entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #493
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    False premise with strawman, federal law prohibits denial of work based upon union membership.

    You missed the point, now you are going off on something else entirely.
    Yes, but you [deliberately] omit that the same federal law requires the employee to pay the union even if they choose to not be a member. A membership requirement nonetheless.

  4. #494
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I am not trying to equate corporate structure to union structure, that was not the context. The context was whether or not corporatists were relying upon legislation to further their agenda when the argument was that they do everything on a "free market" basis.

    Speciousness.....indeed.
    When there is a federal law requiring investment within the corporation as a condition of employment, you may have a point. Until then the situations are very, very different.

    The union law is a condition of employment. That is the essential difference.

  5. #495
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, but you [deliberately] omit that the same federal law requires the employee to pay the union even if they choose to not be a member. A membership requirement nonetheless.
    if they receive benefits procured by union action....duh. That is not denying them work.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #496
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    When there is a federal law requiring investment within the corporation as a condition of employment, you may have a point. Until then the situations are very, very different.
    Um, that was entirely your creation, it was neither the context or my argument, it is completely obtuse.

    The union law is a condition of employment. That is the essential difference.
    Laws requiring corporate charter also are a "condition of employment", what has that got to do with the price of tea in China?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #497
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    False premise with strawman, federal law prohibits denial of work based upon union membership.

    You missed the point, now you are going off on something else entirely.
    I get it. You are probably a union member. You might even be a union thug.

    But I am not going to play your silly game.

  8. #498
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by misterveritis View Post
    i get it. You are probably a union member. You might even be a union thug.

    But i am not going to play your silly game.
    lol!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #499
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, but you [deliberately] omit that the same federal law requires the employee to pay the union even if they choose to not be a member. A membership requirement nonetheless.
    And that is a prime example of mob like "tribute", or payola...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #500
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, that was entirely your creation, it was neither the context or my argument, it is completely obtuse.

    Laws requiring corporate charter also are a "condition of employment", what has that got to do with the price of tea in China?
    No. It is what occurs. You want to say that corporations seek political advantage through legislative issues. All well and good, but they do not force employees to contribute as a condition to working there. Unions require contributions in non right to work states...as a condition of employment. They have legislated this protection scheme into law in several places. That is the difference.

    The fact you cannot or will not address this makes it easy to see how you want to steer the conversation, and are failing to do so. Its not my argument, it is the facts and the context of "corporate legislative advantage" and how Unions use legislation to their advantage. You just dont want to see it.

Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •