Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #331
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The facts show that but since you don't understand a unified budget it is hard dealing with people like you
    Try again, in complete English next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I am not interested in are people like you claiming you know what a fair wage is. The market decides what is fair, not you, not the govt, and certainly not any union.

    It would be very simple for you to help solve the problem, hire some employees and pay them what you feel is fair. What exactly would that be?
    Not to mention the differences in regional standard of living.

    In Chicago fast food employees get paid $12.00 an hour to flip burgers, in Green Bay the same job is $7.00 an hour.

    So what exactly is "fair?" Of course the pro-union anti-wealth clowns cant tell you that.

    I love how these clowns believe that its ok for an individual to risk their life savings (or amass epic debt) to start a business (which fails 75% of the time) and then the remedial workers believe they somehow are entitled to their "fair share" er "equal share" of the profits... Those worker didn't take the financial gamble the owner did, yet the remedial worker believes the profits should be shared equally.

    Like I have always said, businesses aren't in business to employ people or "share equally" with their cannon fodder employees.

  3. #333
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    But aren't there federal laws about this? Further do you REALLY think an employer would risk the lawsuits associated with such discrimination? Certainly it does happen AND those employers get thier asses sued off. But more importantly what does this have to do with RTW?
    Suddenly and conveniently obtuse, I see. Try thinking a little harder. It'll come to you.

    again fantasyland indeed...

    How exactly would I do that? Do you think these 'individual contracts' are public?
    So, you admit that you just made up that whole ridiculous diatribe out of thin air.

    Isn't that also...against the law?...but I will try
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just responding to your claims about corporations paying low wages yet you cannot name one. Here is the real problem which you want to ignore

    Union Facts: Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers & Grain Millers Leaders, Employees, and Salaries
    I don't bother with anti-union propaganda from Koch supported websites, yes, I do ignore this tripe.

    Again, this is yet another tangent away from the fact that these effort in MI are state level actions by the Koch brothers to lower worker wages. You support these actions because you are a corporatist too. It is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't bother with anti-union propaganda from Koch supported websites, yes, I do ignore this tripe.

    Again, this is yet another tangent away from the fact that these effort in MI are state level actions by the Koch brothers to lower worker wages. You support these actions because you are a corporatist too. It is that simple.
    I see, Think Progress is much better, right? The content doesn't matter but the source does?

  6. #336
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Rick Perry and his Texas jobs boom: The whole story - Aug. 12, 2011

    You still havent proven a thing Perry has created more minimum wage job than anyone in the country. Period Those are fact that you cant seem to grasp!
    From Politifact:

    Lloyd Doggett says Texas has worse unemployment than 25 states and it's tied with Mississippi for most minimum-wage workers



    U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett told ABC News on Aug. 11, 2011, that Gov. Rick Perry’s rosy depictions of employment conditions in Texas aren’t entirely accurate.

    "Twenty-five states have lower unemployment than Texas does today," the Austin Democrat said, adding that "we're tied with Mississippi for more minimum-wage jobs than anywhere in the United States."

    Is Texas middling in unemployment and tied with the Magnolia State for minimum-wage jobs?

    Yes and yup.
    read more:

    PolitiFact Texas | Lloyd Doggett says Texas has worse unemployment than 25 states and it's tied with Mississippi for most minimum-wage workers
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I see, Think Progress is much better, right? The content doesn't matter but the source does?
    The bias is up front with TP, if you didn't figure it out with the name.

    Good grief, your argument just gets worse and worse. I didn't think it was possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #338
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    Actually after thinking about this the VAST majority of companies negotiate many individual compensation contracts to the middle and upper level management folks...GE, Ford, GM, etc...shall I go on?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Suddenly and conveniently obtuse, I see. Try thinking a little harder. It'll come to you.
    So your discrimination assertion was based on race/gender? Again how are Unions more effective at preventing this than the force of law?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #340
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Actually after thinking about this the VAST majority of companies negotiate many individual compensation contracts to the middle and upper level management folks...GE, Ford, GM, etc...shall I go on?
    Yes, but we're not talking about golden parachutes and such for corporate executives, are we? I suggest you steer away from this topic for the sake of what is left of your failed argument.


    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •