Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #281
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting how you are able to look at a unified budget and tell exactly what funds support a particular line item. How did you get such a gift?
    Interesting how you make a claim.....and can't come up with anything to support it......and you keep highlighting your failure over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,497

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, the corporatist viewpoint, union benefits (higher wages in return for small dues) is viewed primarily as an additional cost, not as a benefit for the worker. Keep showing your true colors, always racing to the bottom, looking for the cheapest labor.
    And you claim to run your own business? wages are a cost of the business and someone always pays for those costs or the company goes out of business. How many employees do you have? ( I do know the answer but want others to see it) Just goes to show how little liberals know about private business.

    Looks like another gift that you have in knowing the personal liabilities and cost of living of others. Where did you get this gift? Do you always apply your standards to everyone else?

  3. #283
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,497

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Interesting how you make a claim.....and can't come up with anything to support it......and you keep highlighting your failure over and over again.
    So you are saying that SS funds weren't used to fund the Vietnam War? Since that appears to be your claim it is up to you to prove it.

  4. #284
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Violence comes in many forms, one of which is vast sums of lobbying money which are inherited from a father who got rich building oil refineries for Joseph Stalin, then had the nerve to posture as a "libertarian" while he, then his sons, plot to destroy organized labor through such deceitful political advocacy groups as "Americans for Prosperity."
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  5. #285
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,497

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Violence comes in many forms, one of which is vast sums of lobbying money which are inherited from a father who got rich building oil refineries for Joseph Stalin, then had the nerve to posture as a "libertarian" while he, then his sons, plot to destroy organized labor through such deceitful political advocacy groups as "Americans for Prosperity."
    How does personal choice on the part of an employee destroy the union? If unions provide the services that you and others claim why wouldn't an employee choose to belong?

  6. #286
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you are saying that SS funds weren't used to fund the Vietnam War? Since that appears to be your claim it is up to you to prove it.
    You want me to prove a negative?

    It was your claim that SSTF dollars were used, you can't find anything to support your claim, so you try to get me to prove a negative. If this is your method of conceding the argument, I accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #287
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,108

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you claim to run your own business? wages are a cost of the business and someone always pays for those costs or the company goes out of business. How many employees do you have? ( I do know the answer but want others to see it) Just goes to show how little liberals know about private business.

    Looks like another gift that you have in knowing the personal liabilities and cost of living of others. Where did you get this gift? Do you always apply your standards to everyone else?
    Hiring the cheapest labor available is not always such a good business plan. I'd say Henry Ford was a pretty good businessman, at least based on his success.

    And just what is your definition of "liberal" anyway? The way you use the term, it seems to mean, "anyone who disagrees with my point of view." If that's wrong, then post your own definition.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #288
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How does personal choice on the part of an employee destroy the union? If unions provide the services that you and others claim why wouldn't an employee choose to belong?
    But that is still the point, the worker does have the choice, you corporatists should not need government to further your agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #289
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you claim to run your own business? wages are a cost of the business and someone always pays for those costs or the company goes out of business. How many employees do you have? ( I do know the answer but want others to see it) Just goes to show how little liberals know about private business.

    Looks like another gift that you have in knowing the personal liabilities and cost of living of others. Where did you get this gift? Do you always apply your standards to everyone else?
    Let me get this, you have the gall to talk about the cost of living.....while arguing for lower wages?

    That is just whacked out nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #290
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you are saying that SS funds weren't used to fund the Vietnam War? Since that appears to be your claim it is up to you to prove it.

    He already did support his position:

    "In 1968, a 10% surtax was imposed to pay for the Vietnam War, which raised revenue by about 1% of GDP. And there was conscription during both wars, which can be viewed as a kind of tax that was largely paid by the poor and middle class--young men from wealthy families largely escaped its effects through college deferments."

    The Cost Of War - Forbes.com
    You OTOH have not supported your position
    Last edited by winston53660; 12-13-12 at 11:44 AM.

Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •