Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #231
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Meanwhile, threatening violent civil war over the passing of Obamacare, or even just the re-election of Obama? That's totally cool

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You just don't get it nor do you understand minimum wage. TX pays the Federal Minimum wage and California isn't counted because the state has its own. You try to live in California on $8 per hour compared to TX at $7.25. Stop buying what you are told and get the facts. It is the Federal Minimum wage that is counted by the BLS not the individual state minimum wage. California has more than a million more on California minimum wage than TX has on the Federal Minimum wage.
    Umm get the facts Rick Perry created more minimum wage jobs than threst of the country because of right to work. You keep talking about fact yet you provide no links, really all your doing at this point is blowing hot air. Texas is anti Union state created by Republicans we all know the other crap Perry and Republicans have done. Do we need to get in to the wasted money on toll roads. Poor education bad health insurance, Alll do to right to work.

  3. #233
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You cannot agree to a contract that contains illegal provisions.
    In a true free market, there's no such thing as an illegal contract. As long as all parties are in agreement, it's legal, and any available means of enforcing that contract must also be legal.

    Any system that makes specific contracts illegal is not a true free market. NO exceptions.

  4. #234
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    In a true free market, there's no such thing as an illegal contract. As long as all parties are in agreement, it's legal, and any available means of enforcing that contract must also be legal.

    Any system that makes specific contracts illegal is not a true free market. NO exceptions.
    You are wrong. I cannot enter into an enforceable contract with someone that says I can abuse his child three times a week. I cannot enter into an enforceable contract that you will pay me $15,000 a week for 3 pounds of cocaine. These things have nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not our economy is based on "a true free market."
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You are wrong. I cannot enter into an enforceable contract with someone that says I can abuse his child three times a week.
    In a pure free market, this will be allowed as long as the child is also involved in the contract negotiations.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I cannot enter into an enforceable contract that you will pay me $15,000 a week for 3 pounds of cocaine.
    Yes, in a pure free market, there's no such thing as illegal drugs, so this will be allowed.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Umm get the facts Rick Perry created more minimum wage jobs than threst of the country because of right to work. You keep talking about fact yet you provide no links, really all your doing at this point is blowing hot air. Texas is anti Union state created by Republicans we all know the other crap Perry and Republicans have done. Do we need to get in to the wasted money on toll roads. Poor education bad health insurance, Alll do to right to work.
    A job is a job which beats the hell out of taxpayer funded unemployment. I don't know where you get your information but obviously Think Progress is hardly a credible source. Why don't you and Winston get a U-Haul and move out of the state that you seem to dislike so much. Let me know how much greener the grass is in other states. I have been in everyone of them and you aren't going to find a better state than TX to live in and work in.

    You want links? Go to BLS and do your own research, Find out how many Federal Minimum wage jobs there are in the state of TX and then find out the size of the labor force. Get back to with the answer plus the answer as to holds those minimum wage jobs in TX. Doesn't appear that you understand personal responsibility like most very liberal people. I hope I am around when you realize how wrong you have been.

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You are wrong. I cannot enter into an enforceable contract with someone that says I can abuse his child three times a week. I cannot enter into an enforceable contract that you will pay me $15,000 a week for 3 pounds of cocaine. These things have nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not our economy is based on "a true free market."
    In a true free market you can do whatever you want. We arent talking about a true free market, though, but a free market under the united states constitution, where all parties have agreed to certain limitations such as that the govt protects the lives of all citizens, including children. And certain rights which can not be infringed upon, such as forced labor.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Umm get the facts Rick Perry created more minimum wage jobs than threst of the country because of right to work. You keep talking about fact yet you provide no links, really all your doing at this point is blowing hot air. Texas is anti Union state created by Republicans we all know the other crap Perry and Republicans have done. Do we need to get in to the wasted money on toll roads. Poor education bad health insurance, Alll do to right to work.
    I understand how actual data gets in the way of Think Progress or the Daily Kos articles but I find it quite concerning how so many buy the rhetoric and do no research. Here are the facts from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the state of TX. You can find the data on California as well but doubt you want to go there as you will find over a million more making California minimum wage.

    Minimum Wage Workers in Texas - 2011

    Minimum Wage Workers in Texas - 2011

    Of the 5.9 million workers paid hourly rates in Texas in 2011, 259,000 earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, while 214,000 earned less, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Regional Commissioner Stanley Suchman noted that the 473,000 workers earning the Federal minimum wage or less made up 8.0 percent of all hourly-paid workers in the state. Nationwide, those earning the Federal minimum or less accounted for 5.2 percent of the hourly-paid workforce. (The Texas minimum wage is equal to the prevailing Federal minimum wage.)

    That total is less than 500,000 out of a labor force in the millions. I suggest better research on your part as TX has a labor force of about 11 million

  9. #239
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Why should someone be forced to consider an entirely different line of work because they don't want to join an organization? Why can't an ironworker just be an ironworker?
    because ironworkers that dont join unions make far less money, therefor, why wouldnt you want to join a union if you were an ironworker... I pay 50 bucks a month in dues.. big deal. I get back far more.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Thanks for admitting that you're for violence -- as long as it is directed at working people.

    I think that pretty much sums up the tea party and its rightwing thugs.
    Working people? I thought this was about unions.

Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •