Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #201
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That is, indeed, what it was supposed to be.

    We used to say that two Supposedtas and a dime would get you a cup of coffee, but that's out of date.

    Now, two Supposedtas and five bucks will get you a tall latte mocha with fru fru's on top.

    A "Supposedta" is about of the same value as a wuzgonna.

    You know, as in "I wuzgonna do those dishes, wuzgonna give you your twenty bucks back, wuzgonna pick up that mess, etc."

    Or, the president "wuzgonna" reduce the deficit.

    Actually, you called it a tax, which is what it is in reality.
    The difference is Medicare and SS can go back to being what they were supposed to be but too many people buy your opinion that a tax is a tax and all money should go into the General Fund. If you operated that way by spending your long term obligations in the short term you would be bankrupt.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Dude I was a working stiff then, quit this assuming you know my age.

    I see you have forgotten what the conversation was about, it was about your continuing confusion about who is paying into the general fund. Just once I would like to see you remember that the SS Trust Fund has been and is being used to fund discretionary spending and for you to stop saying "it was never intended to". Stop lying to yourself.
    I will be happy to stop when you stop defending the indefensible. SS and Medicare are to be funded by the payroll tax(FICA) and have no business on the general fund. Just because they are in the general fund doesn't make it right but it does give people like you the ability to distort reality.

  3. #203
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The poor do pay for medicare and Social security, if they have jobs.
    They get that money back, now and later. There are so many deductions and credits in the income tax system that the bottom 25 million tax filers only pay about 400million in income tax, thats a few dollars each on average. And these are the same people who get all sort of welfare assistance, making their contribution negative.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will be happy to stop when you stop defending the indefensible. SS and Medicare are to be funded by the payroll tax(FICA) and have no business on the general fund. Just because they are in the general fund doesn't make it right but it does give people like you the ability to distort reality.
    How is my saying that FICA taxes ARE used in the general fund "distorting" anything.....especially when YOU finally come around to remembering that fact? Where was I "defending" this practice? When will you give up the notion that 50% are not contributing to the general fund?

    Stop lying to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    How is my saying that FICA taxes ARE used in the general fund "distorting" anything.....especially when YOU finally come around to remembering that fact? Where was I "defending" this practice? When will you give up the notion that 50% are not contributing to the general fund?

    Stop lying to yourself.
    Now I can see and fully understand why we have a problem in this country. People like you simply cannot understand the purpose of taxes which are to fund what we need not fund what we want. The idea that FICA is put into the General Fund doesn't change the reality that it was never intended for the general fund and there is nothing but partisan bull**** preventing it from being removed from the general fund. Your argument that people pay for SS and Medicare thus put money into the General fund as an argument that the poor do pay taxes is typical liberal diversion and distortion of reality.

  6. #206
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    A good shoot-out would be healthy and cleansing and we'll finally find out who is in charge around here. This will create jobs as the death toll mounts, bullet holed walls will need patching etc., the dead will have to be replaced, the wounded cared for and this can surely lead us to economic resurgence PLUS it doesn't matter who wins, just that somebody does.
    Yep, that would be a "stimulus" that doesn't all wind up in the pockets of Obama supporters.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #207
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Taxing the working people what a great idea
    Hey, that's where the money is...
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  8. #208
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    If you don't want to join a union dont join one.. How damn hard is that. I'm an Ironworker. No one forced me to join, infact I wanted to join. If I didn't want to pay union dues, then I easily could have found another line of work.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    How is my saying that FICA taxes ARE used in the general fund "distorting" anything.....especially when YOU finally come around to remembering that fact? Where was I "defending" this practice? When will you give up the notion that 50% are not contributing to the general fund?

    Stop lying to yourself.
    They arent. They get the money back.

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Hey, that's where the money is...
    Because of the unions.

Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •