Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 660

Thread: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

  1. #11
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    God forbid someone be allowed to work without being forced to pay a union they don't want to join.

    Freedom in the eyes of the Democrat party.
    Anyone who benefits from Union efforts in increasing pay without paying for the effort....is a freeloader.

    No one is forced to join, that has been illegal for decades. You have a choice, if you don't want increased pay, then accept the lower wage without the benefit. If you want the higher pay, then support those who got it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #12
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,563

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    And the majority in the US Senate passed the affordable health care act back in December of 1999.

    Nothing wrong with that.
    Have you seen, or heard of, violent protests to the PPACA? Disagreement with laws is far different than violent resistance to them, or their supporters.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #13
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is a bill being pushed through by lame duck GOP representatives in a lame duck session, this would not pass with the new MI House (the GOP lost 4 seats in Nov), multiple GOP reps have spoken out against this tactic and support the Dem objections.
    IF you truly believe that is the case, the answer is simple, stfu and wait a month and then roll back any changes. Should take all of twenty minutes. But I suspect there's more support for the Right To Work than you care to believe.

  4. #14
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Perfect. The failure of civilization always requires larger government intervention and control.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is a bill being pushed through by lame duck GOP representatives in a lame duck session, this would not pass with the new MI House (the GOP lost 4 seats in Nov), multiple GOP reps have spoken out against this tactic and support the Dem objections.
    What you say is true but the GOP will STILL retain the majority in the House. No Senate seats were in the election. I researched these house seats some and found 2-3 of them were folks who were against the RTW bill so there is no net change in the house's RTW position...but credible information is scarce...so far
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  6. #16
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Those who would end unions and those who would force union membership on all are much alike. They both want to make decisions for someone else.

    It is the workers who have a right to hire a union to represent them, or not. It should be their choice, and theirs alone. To force others to make that choice is wrong, regardless of which choice is forced.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #17
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #18
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    IF you truly believe that is the case, the answer is simple, stfu and wait a month and then roll back any changes. Should take all of twenty minutes. But I suspect there's more support for the Right To Work than you care to believe.
    Don't tell me to stfu, and the overturning of a bill requires a greater vote than this dirty 11th hour tactic by a bunch of lame duck reps who allowed no debate on the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    careful what you wish for
    Why? Do you think if the union supporters 'go violent' it will promote their cause in the eyes of the citizenry?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #20
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Don't tell me to stfu, and the overturning of a bill requires a greater vote than this dirty 11th hour tactic by a bunch of lame duck reps who allowed no debate on the bill.
    No, it doesn't and I wasn't telling you to stfu - try reading for comprehension.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •