Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 358

Thread: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    I'll accept your intentional obtuseness as a concession of the point. Thank you.
    There is a difference between being obtuse, and being realistic. Asking about a court case that will never happen is kinda stupid. Complaining about a group looking to protect your civil rights even moreso.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    How is it a victory for free speech by taking away the ability to voice a viewpoint on a license plate?
    It's pretty clear. They refused to allow for the countering viewpoint.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,952

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    I can understand if they refused to allow an opposing view point, but why not just force the state to allow pro-choice license plates instead of banning pro-life ones?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    You miss the point..you can't offer one side of the equation and not the other.
    Of course you can.

    I don't see any "The troops suck" license plates out there........
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    I don't know what the confusion is. If the state is not going to allow "Pro-Choice" plates, why would they offer "Pro-Life" Plates?

  6. #36
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, your point was just kinda stupid. If slavery was an issue in the US today, and the state decided to allow one viewpoint on a license plate but not the other, then and only then would you have a point. As is, your "point" fails miserably.
    Your point is kind of stupid too.

    It shouldn't matter whether it is a current active political viewpoint or not.

    The great state of North Carolina has many license plates that may have "Opposing" viewpoints that have not been under attack under such an ignorant rule.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    You put whatever you want on your plates, just be the guy that complain about being pulled over all the time when you have the plates GUN DLR. It is the most run or searched license plate by law enforcement in Canada. If a police officer saw you had a NRA plate here you would be pulled over 9/10 times.
    What kind of pussy ass cops are in your area.

    Most cops here are NRA supporters themselves.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Where do anhy of those offer a political view?
    Uhh... "Support our Troops"

    That is a political view.

    "I Care" with a picture of dogs and cats.

    What about people who hate pets?

    NRA... What about people who hate guns?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    I do not agree with the judge! That being sad I have no right to tell anyone what they can or cant do with their bodies. That is a personal choice handled by the person and a doctor. I do question the sanity of someone who would put that on a the back of a car. Mental issues come to mind!
    I question the sanity of someone who would put that picture in their avatar.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #40
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    These should also be dropped based on the judge's rule, correct? I would have added the dozen or so NASCAR plates since they don't offer Dick Trickle, but I think you see the point.
    Did someone propose a counter to these plates?

    The state Senate apparently rejected a counter viewpoint plate 6 times, in this case.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •