Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 358

Thread: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

  1. #161
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Also Congress - and by extension of the 14th and incorporation, state legislatures may not abridge speech. They cannot establish a religion, nor prohibit individuals from freely exercising their religion. There is a difference. The text is again, plain, and people like to gussy it up and pretend things that aren't there are somehow there...

    "Allah is #1" is a perfectly valid thing for an individual to say or believe - free speech - but the state cannot put it on a bench, because that runs afoul of establishment.

    In short, you've taken this into a relatively unrelated tangent.
    If the state can't put Allah is #1 then the state can't create a pro-life plate.. Why is this so hard?? The point is entirely valid.. The state can't take a stand on a political issue.. Period.. Reguadless of the issue.. Supporting the troops in not on a ballot.. Abortion is..

    The state/government must remain nuetral about all political issues.. The goverement can't promote any agenda or political view.. Doing so is not protected by free speech.. Unless they remain nuetral by promoting both views.. A pro-life plate and a pro-choice plate.. Until the pro-choice plate is created, the other one is unconstitutional..

  2. #162
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So the pro choice people don't support life? That would seem to be the case anyway. Any idea why that is? Can their own lives be that desperate and gloomy that they wouldn't wish it on other human beings?
    Pro-life is actually pro-death.. Don't let the word life fool you.. They would rather allow both the mother and the baby to die than simply allow abortion.. They don't support birth control which prevents countless abortions.. Not to mention, that after the baby is born, they could care less what happens to it.. They don't want to pay for healthcare, education, or anything.. It will just starve to death on the streets if it were up to them.. That is the view of the so called pro-life crowed.. So make no mistake.. The only pro-life choice is pro-choice..

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is an overt motto of the socalled right to life movement....
    I guess we have to be very concerned about those overt mottoes and coded language and that "socalled" right to life movement. It could get out of hand.

    Illegal immigration is either enhancing multiculturalism or racism. Gay marriage is either celebrating diversity or homophobia. There are those who believe in climate change and those who are "deniers". Those who accept a persons word for their political qualifications and "birthers". There are those who feel that Christianity has no place in politics who call others questioning another religion "Islamophobes". Then there are those who argue for free speech but shut down Ann Coulter from expressing her opinions.

    And now "Choose Life" is offensive to those who feel that it says something negative.

    Where have all the adults gone?

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    Pro-life is actually pro-death..
    Pro life means pro death? That leaves the pro death people in a rather awkward position, doesn't it?
    Don't let the word life fool you.. They would rather allow both the mother and the baby to die than simply allow abortion.
    .

    Who is they? Do they have much of a following? A name perhaps?
    They don't support birth control which prevents countless abortions.
    Actually birth control is readily available to everyone so "they" apparently have very little influence..

    Not to mention, that after the baby is born, they could care less what happens to it
    Really? You have evidence of this?

    They don't want to pay for healthcare, education, or anything.. It will just starve to death on the streets if it were up to them.. That is the view of the so called pro-life crowed.. So make no mistake.. The only pro-life choice is pro-choice..
    It's still not clear who "they" is but if they are anything like you say they appear to be a pretty nasty bunch.

  5. #165
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I guess we have to be very concerned about those overt mottoes and coded language and that "socalled" right to life movement. It could get out of hand.

    Illegal immigration is either enhancing multiculturalism or racism. Gay marriage is either celebrating diversity or homophobia. There are those who believe in climate change and those who are "deniers". Those who accept a persons word for their political qualifications and "birthers". There are those who feel that Christianity has no place in politics who call others questioning another religion "Islamophobes". Then there are those who argue for free speech but shut down Ann Coulter from expressing her opinions.

    And now "Choose Life" is offensive to those who feel that it says something negative.

    Where have all the adults gone?
    There is no coded language here. No one said "choose life" was offensive, only that it is a motto representing a political view. Your post is nothing but straw men and nonsense.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is no coded language here. No one said "choose life" was offensive, only that it is a motto representing a political view. Your post is nothing but straw men and nonsense.
    If it is a political view it is quite a benign one, wouldn't you say?

  7. #167
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If it is a political view it is quite a benign one, wouldn't you say?
    I do not consider a restriction of rights to be benign. Do you?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not consider a restriction of rights to be benign. Do you?
    I did not claim that restrictions of rights are benign, so that's a rather silly question.

  9. #169
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I did not claim that restrictions of rights are benign, so that's a rather silly question.
    And yet that is the goal of the right to life movement, for which "choose life" is one of their mottos.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #170
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: Judge finds NC "Choose Life" plate unconstitutioonal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Pro life means pro death? That leaves the pro death people in a rather awkward position, doesn't it?
    .

    Who is they? Do they have much of a following? A name perhaps?


    Actually birth control is readily available to everyone so "they" apparently have very little influence..



    Really? You have evidence of this?



    It's still not clear who "they" is but if they are anything like you say they appear to be a pretty nasty bunch.
    Since over 70% of all abortions are done on women that identify themselves as Chrstians, 'they' is pretty obvious.. Because 'they' also are against birth control and they also tried to shut down planned parenthood.. So 'they' is pretty obvious..

    Just saying..


    Christians have abortions

    In either case.. This is somewhat off topic.. Sort of at least.. Whatever your view on abortion.. The state or any government entity can't be seen as taking a stand or backing a specific point of view.. Free speech does not protect the speech of the state.. We the people have the right to free speech.. The state end federal government do not.. The ruling the court made is entirely correct..
    Last edited by DemonMyst; 12-12-12 at 10:31 PM.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •