Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

  1. #81
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Bull****. Reagan ended the recession by first controlling inflation, then lowering interest rates, and then by lowering tax rates. Reagan did it by enabling the private sector to expand. He did it in two years as well.

    Second, your claim about filibusters is the stuff of ignorant liberalism. Obama got everything he wanted in his first two years. And all it did was make us worse. If we had the same LFPR as when that jackass was inaugurated in Jan 2009, U-3 is 10.8% now. That's correct, Unemployment is actually 10.8%, not the phoney 7.7 reported.

    Lastly, for the fully ignorant liberals out there who think that "Clinton paid down the debt". Clinton never paid down the debt. Never. Show us the last year the debt went down !

    Guess what cluetards. Eisenhower was President the last time we "paid down the debt" !!
    You clearly need to study the Reagan years more. Also, Obama didn't get everything he wanted in the first two years. I have no clue where you get that from. I also have no clue where you get that unemployment is higher than 10%. Our economy is much better now than it was 4 years ago. Had congress passed Obama's jobs bill, it would be even better.
    Clinton passed a budget that had a projected surplus, Bush failed to follow that budget and went crazy on war spending with no clear plan on how to pay for it.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    SS taxes are not paid into the general fund. They are paid into the SS trust fund. Congress barrows from the SS trust fund.
    I guess you missed back in the 90s when Newt was famous for saying SS wil wither on the vine. Bush was trying ot privitize SS, ending the SS system as we know it. THe current GOP congress wants SS put on the table to be cut as well. THey keep making it a part of the debt debate, but SS doesn't add or subtract from our national debt.
    None of which "bankrupt" Social Security. It is put into the General Fund, as I said, and is paid out of same, as I said. You now admit it. More liberal fail.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    You clearly need to study the Reagan years more. Also, Obama didn't get everything he wanted in the first two years. I have no clue where you get that from. I also have no clue where you get that unemployment is higher than 10%. Our economy is much better now than it was 4 years ago. Had congress passed Obama's jobs bill, it would be even better.
    Clinton passed a budget that had a projected surplus, Bush failed to follow that budget and went crazy on war spending with no clear plan on how to pay for it.
    Now you must admit you were wrong again. Clinton paid down no debt. You said he did. I showed that he did not. Now you agree.

    More liberal lies exposed. More liberal ignorance exposed. More liberal fail.

    Are you capable of stating an actual fact ? Of supporting such ?

    I have forgotten more about Reagan than you ever knew, btw. As I have debunked you over and over, as evidenced by your agreement, and lack of rebuttal, the question needs to be asked. Can you back-up anything you assert ? So far, you cannot.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    So the lesson here for America is, if you charge a bunch of crap on your credit card stop buying quite so much crap and then go to your boss and say "I need a raise, I am really far in debt dude".

  5. #85
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    None of which "bankrupt" Social Security. It is put into the General Fund, as I said, and is paid out of same, as I said. You now admit it. More liberal fail.
    Social Security Trust Fund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #86
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Now you must admit you were wrong again. Clinton paid down no debt. You said he did. I showed that he did not. Now you agree.

    More liberal lies exposed. More liberal ignorance exposed. More liberal fail.

    Are you capable of stating an actual fact ? Of supporting such ?

    I have forgotten more about Reagan than you ever knew, btw. As I have debunked you over and over, as evidenced by your agreement, and lack of rebuttal, the question needs to be asked. Can you back-up anything you assert ? So far, you cannot.
    Clinton did pay down on the debt, and the budject he signed had a projected surplus. You showed me nothing but your opinion. You have given no support for your opinion, so don't pretend you did. You simply stated what you think about the topic at hand. You also continue to be rude and insulting, which makes for a bad conversation. It appears you just want to feel like you are winning some mythical game here. This will be my last reply unless you decide to stop being so rude and insulting.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    How about you just post your coloring book and claim it is relevent ?

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    Clinton did pay down on the debt, and the budject he signed had a projected surplus. You showed me nothing but your opinion. You have given no support for your opinion, so don't pretend you did. You simply stated what you think about the topic at hand. You also continue to be rude and insulting, which makes for a bad conversation. It appears you just want to feel like you are winning some mythical game here. This will be my last reply unless you decide to stop being so rude and insulting.
    No. You are either ignorant, or a liar. Show us all the one year when the debt was "paid down" under Clinton ! The last time the debt was paid down was Eisenhower. Look it up. Prove me wrong.

    I am not insulting anyone. You are factually being ignorant, or a liar, though. Just post the national debt numbers for every year Clinton was President, noting when it went "down". Then I will post Eisenhower's. I will be shown correct, and you something less than that. Do it ! Or STFU !

    <spit>

  9. #89
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    I still cannot understand why very few people here seem to get the concept that raising taxes on foreign goods imported into the US would create jobs HERE and raise revenues HERE. I guess some people are too locked into their Jacksonian Democrat soak the rich aristocrat mentality to see what Bubba did to screw up the economy in the long run.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    For the liberal assclown(s). These are the numbers from the US Treasury on the National Debt.
    Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

    All of Clinton's term is included. I bolded the last year that the national debt was "paid down". 1957. Eisenhower paid it down in '56 as well. Now, enough of the libtard ignorance and lying <spit and piss> :


    09/30/2010 13,561,623,030,891.79
    09/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.75
    09/30/2008 10,024,724,896,912.49
    09/30/2007 9,007,653,372,262.48
    09/30/2006 8,506,973,899,215.23
    09/30/2005 7,932,709,661,723.50
    09/30/2004 7,379,052,696,330.32
    09/30/2003 6,783,231,062,743.62
    09/30/2002 6,228,235,965,597.16
    09/30/2001 5,807,463,412,200.06
    09/30/2000 5,674,178,209,886.86
    09/30/1999 5,656,270,901,615.43
    09/30/1998 5,526,193,008,897.62
    09/30/1997 5,413,146,011,397.34
    09/30/1996 5,224,810,939,135.73
    09/29/1995 4,973,982,900,709.39
    09/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32
    09/30/1993 4,411,488,883,139.38
    09/30/1992 4,064,620,655,521.66
    09/30/1991 3,665,303,351,697.03
    09/28/1990 3,233,313,451,777.25
    09/29/1989 2,857,430,960,187.32
    09/30/1988 2,602,337,712,041.16
    09/30/1987 2,350,276,890,953.00
    09/30/1986 2,125,302,616,658.42
    09/30/1985 * 1,823,103,000,000.00
    09/30/1984 * 1,572,266,000,000.00
    09/30/1983 * 1,377,210,000,000.00
    09/30/1982 * 1,142,034,000,000.00
    09/30/1981 * 997,855,000,000.00
    09/30/1980 * 907,701,000,000.00
    09/30/1979 * 826,519,000,000.00
    09/30/1978 * 771,544,000,000.00
    09/30/1977 * 698,840,000,000.00
    06/30/1976 * 620,433,000,000.00
    06/30/1975 * 533,189,000,000.00
    06/30/1974 475,059,815,731.55
    06/30/1973 458,141,605,312.09
    06/30/1972 427,260,460,940.50
    06/30/1971 398,129,744,455.54
    06/30/1970 370,918,706,949.93
    06/30/1969 353,720,253,841.41
    06/30/1968 347,578,406,425.88
    06/30/1967 326,220,937,794.54
    06/30/1966 319,907,087,795.48
    06/30/1965 317,273,898,983.64
    06/30/1964 311,712,899,257.30
    06/30/1963 305,859,632,996.41
    06/30/1962 298,200,822,720.87
    06/30/1961 288,970,938,610.05
    06/30/1960 286,330,760,848.37
    06/30/1959 284,705,907,078.22
    06/30/1958 276,343,217,745.81
    06/30/1957 270,527,171,896.43
    06/30/1956 272,750,813,649.32
    06/30/1955 274,374,222,802.62
    06/30/1954 271,259,599,108.46
    06/30/1953 266,071,061,638.57
    06/30/1952 259,105,178,785.43
    06/29/1951 255,221,976,814.93
    06/30/1950 257,357,352,351.04

    I am not knocking Clinton. The man was a pragmatist, and he and the GOP House did a fine job. He almost got to a balanced budget, and I commend he, and the GOP, for working together. Obama, on the other hand, is an inept liberally lackey jackass. As the numbers show. His supporters are canker sores on the Republic. Especially the ignorant liberals here who spread the lies and nonsense. As I illustrate over and over. And over.
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 12-11-12 at 10:36 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •