Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't think I've made that claim. But before we cut or spend shouldn't we identify what the problems are and what if, if any, connection to money and number of teachers contribute.

    As for serving, I served in the 82nd. Your mindless and uninformed opinion on what I have or haven't done has no place in this discussion. So do try to focus.
    What ? Do we not yet have enough statistics about throwing money at education ? You criticized another on that topic, and I responded. I believe that "identifying the problems" is a highly subjective futility. We have thrown money at every problem we could liberally think of for four decades. And our results suck. How about you support your earlier conclusions, which I quoted. as otherwise I claim that you are full of ****.

    I was with CSC, 2/325. '74-80. What was your unit ? When ?
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 12-10-12 at 11:11 PM.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    Calling my logic ignorant or retarded doesn't make your logic better. Honestly, can people like you have a conversation without insulting people who have a different point of view than you do?

    Have a good day.
    My logic was far better than yours. Now, can you rebut what I said, or just go noodle-spine on the debate ?

  3. #63
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    My logic was far better than yours. w, can you rebut what I said, or just go noodle-spine on the debate ?
    I do not continue rude conversations. If you wish to continue this conversation then you must restate your argument without insult. Show some common respect. I didn't insult you or your logic. If respect is a part of the conversation, we might can learn from one another. I am not interested in swaping insult for insult.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    What ? Do we not yet have enough statistics about throwing money at education ? You criticized another on that topic, and I responded. I believe that "identifying the problems" is a highly subjective futility. We have thrown money at every problem we could liberally think of for four decades. And our results suck. How about you support your earlier conclusions, which I quoted. as otherwise I claim that you are full of ****.

    I was with CSC, 2/325. '74-80. What was your unit ? When ?
    You may want to back and re-read. I asked a question. You are overreacting, and quite emotionally. If you need clarification just ask. If you want to mindless babble on about liberals I really would prefer something more productive.

    I was a medic. HHB Divarty. And actually, during the same time frame.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You may want to back and re-read. I asked a question. You are overreacting, and quite emotionally. If you need clarification just ask. If you want to mindless babble on about liberals I really would prefer something more productive.

    I was a medic. HHB Divarty. And actually, during the same time frame.
    When you choose to make your service a part of every post, as I do "82", and you do with your wings avatar, then it is open to scrutiny in every post. In the past, you did not have your wings as your avatar. Frankly, I am befuddled by any ex-military who is so liberal. Its a disconnect in my experience.

    You have yet to support your assertions about money and education. I know them to be unsupported, but would welcome any attempt by you. Otherwise, as I said, your assertions are FOS.
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 12-10-12 at 11:48 PM.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    I do not continue rude conversations. If you wish to continue this conversation then you must restate your argument without insult. Show some common respect. I didn't insult you or your logic. If respect is a part of the conversation, we might can learn from one another. I am not interested in swaping insult for insult.
    Hey. I don't support idiot assertions. Support your original argument, which I rebutted, or admit that you can't. I know that the latter is inevitable. Prove me wrong, or STFU with such nonsense !

  7. #67
    Professor
    gavinfielder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-22-16 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    From Reuters:

    IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising | Reuters

    Hopefully, the IMF Director-General's perspective will carry some weight in Washington. If the fiscal cliff situation is to be resolved in an effective manner and, more importantly, if the U.S. is to develop a credible and effective fiscal consolidation strategy, Washington's policy makers will need to focus on pragmatic realities. They will need to do so even if it requires them to give greater weight to best practices (and there are examples of successful fiscal consolidation efforts available in the international experience) than entrenched ideology or ideologically-driven assumptions.
    See, now that's funny because IMF also says countries should generally support their economies with spending in a depressed economy.

    Lagarde cited the fiscal cliff as the biggest threat to the U.S. economy
    And so we need spending cuts and tax increases.

    It's great the know the IMF can really be consistent in its message.
    "Advocates of capitalism are apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: the fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate." - Bertrand Russell

  8. #68
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    When you choose to make your service a part of every post, as I do "82", and you do with your wings avatar, then it is open to scrutiny in every post. In the past, you did not have your wings as your avatar. Frankly, I am befuddled by any ex-military who is so liberal. Its a disconnect in my experience.

    You have yet to support your assertions about money and education. I know them to be unsupported, but would welcome any attempt by you. Otherwise, as I said, your assertions are FOS.
    Actually, the wings were my avatar for nearly all the years I was on Whistlestoppers political site. It was a special designed created by a member of the moderating team there. When that site folded, I left that behind. But those here who there with me know.

    You will find more than few military have some liberal beliefs. The trouble is some spend so much time mindlessly battling liberal stereotypes, that they miss the actual argument before them. Are you one of those?

    Now as for money and education, show me where I've made any assertion. I asked a question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #69
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And factors do you think effect that? The thing about numbers is that you have to know what they mean. Do you less teachers will make education better? Explain how you think that will work.
    Actually yes. Educational results, when measured by standardized tests, were actually better before the addition of "teachers" to bring the average number of pupils to teacher to under 16. Total (state, local and federal) education spending is now $11,400 per student, an all time high. Even the NEA admits that the number of teachers is not nearly as important as the quality of those teachers. The problem with the current education system is that this spending is almost all under top down control, with little to no say by the student's parent(s). I prefer much more input from the bottom up, allowing those "student" education funds to be applied based on parental/local decision makers and less by "associations", unions and higher levels of gov't.

    Higher Education Spending: More Teachers and Programs But Less Learning

    Back to School: Teachers Union Loses Members While Per-Pupil Spending Soars

    Recent research suggests that resources are not evenly distributed among schools in a school district and that some schools, often those that serve students with greater needs, receive less resources. A large portion of the disparity is related to the allocation of teachers. Higher paid, more experienced teachers tend to be congregated in lower needs schools, while less experienced teachers end up in high needs schools. In many school districts disparity in teacher pay does not factor in the way in which funding distributions are calculated.
    Above quote from: Background & Analysis

    The Changing Face of the Teaching Force | @ Penn GSE Research: A Review of Research
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #70
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: IMF chief says U.S. needs blend of spending cuts, revenue raising

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    You conservatives love to worship Reagan, but Reagan raised taxes and spend our way out of recession. It's funny that when Obama accepts and brings conservative ideas forward, you conservatives pretend like it wasn't your ideas to begin with. Honestly, conservatives haven't proven themselves to be able to balance a budget and bring a surplus in like Clinton did. One way he did it was to raise taxes. Some spending increases revenue. It's a matter of being efficient on what to cut and what to spend on.
    Again, Conservatives haven't had a very good record of putting that practice into action in the recent past.
    Funny how you can't answer the question I repeat:

    "So good, Obama wants to raise the taxes on the rich which will generate around 800 billion over ten yrs. However Obama is borrowing 1.2 trillion a yr adding to our national debt. Thus if he gets his tax hikes he will only have to borrow 1.1 trillion a yr. Now where do you suppose to get all this money to eliminate Obama's over spending of 1.1 trillion a yr, and where are you going to get the money on top of that to start paying down our debt."

    As for Reagan, I will just say this, he created the largest expansion of our economy in history. Something Obama can only dream about. But unlike Reagan, Obama does not care about the economy or jobs, liberals never have cared about jobs.

    Now for once try and answer the question. Which I know you can't because you have no clue, like the rest of the liberal clan. Your a tax, borrow, spend, and give free stuff liberal, and could care less how much the national debt takes us into the black hole of destruction.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •