Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 124

Thread: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

  1. #31
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    This is one of the most profound examples of close-minded thinking I have ever seen. The union had nothing to do with the man getting caught drinking on the job, but they had a lot to do with him being given his job back. I wonder how many folks who are out of work and have been for some time deserve that job more than these idiots?
    Does this really surprise anyone, hell you can't fire a union molesting dumbass teacher. And they say it's all about the kids.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #32
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Are you suggesting that this kind of thing doesn't occur with non-union employees? If so then you might be interested in buying a bridge. Or how about some swampland in Florida? Beachfront property in Arizona?
    Sure it occurs with non-union employees. The big difference is, when they fire you for drinking on the job, you stay fired. You're gone, no more job, period. You know a person impaired on the job and gets a serous injury who pays for that? Let me tell you. Work Comp Ins, which the employer pays for, and the more injures on the job the higher the cost of Work Comp Ins.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  3. #33
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Doesn't matter if they were drunk or not. You can't drink, even on your break, then come back and work on or around heavy machinery. Period. Likely, this was all covered as part of the terms of employment.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #34
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    This is one of the most profound examples of circular logic I have ever seen. A MAN WAS CAUGHT DRINKING ON THE JOB SO IMMEDIATELY THE UNION IS TO BLAME. Right. Reality check on aisle 6
    The union is most definitely to blame. Why was arbitration necessary? Drinking on the job. Fired. Why wouldn't the union make sure people like this are fired? Why on earth would they spend tens of thousands of dollars defending people like this?

    Because the people who run unions are completely devoid of a moral compass. Until people who belong to unions are willing to step up and say, "WTF????" People like me will believe, and rightly so, that unions are run by criminals.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #35
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The union is most definitely to blame. Why was arbitration necessary? Drinking on the job. Fired. Why wouldn't the union make sure people like this are fired? Why on earth would they spend tens of thousands of dollars defending people like this?

    Because the people who run unions are completely devoid of a moral compass. Until people who belong to unions are willing to step up and say, "WTF????" People like me will believe, and rightly so, that unions are run by criminals.
    That is exactly right, the union employees know the union will back them up if caught drinking. Thus the union endorses drinking on the job, otherwise they would say "Your fired"
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #36
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    I agree they should not have gotten their jobs back...I had 8700 people working for me and when I was the catalyst to get one fired, I was frustrated at times when that decision was overridden or reversed.

    In this case I believe you are blameing the wrong entity. The union backs the employee and defends the employees posiition its a non union appointed arbiter that makes the decision...If you take your link and click to the next link to the source, it states it.
    One other thing id like to point out that arbiters reinstating employees fired also happens in non union workplaces...it only doesnt happen as often because many time non union employees either dont pursue it or dont have a union to tell them can pursue it.

    The arbiter isnt chosen by the union or chrysler not usually anyway to my knowledge.
    Their cases ended up in arbitration and the arbitrator sided with the fired workers. They came back to work this week.
    And now this statement from the auto maker:

  7. #37
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I agree they should not have gotten their jobs back...I had 8700 people working for me and when I was the catalyst to get one fired, I was frustrated at times when that decision was overridden or reversed.

    In this case I believe you are blameing the wrong entity. The union backs the employee and defends the employees posiition its a non union appointed arbiter that makes the decision...If you take your link and click to the next link to the source, it states it.
    One other thing id like to point out that arbiters reinstating employees fired also happens in non union workplaces...it only doesnt happen as often because many time non union employees either dont pursue it or dont have a union to tell them can pursue it.

    The arbiter isnt chosen by the union or chrysler not usually anyway to my knowledge.
    Their cases ended up in arbitration and the arbitrator sided with the fired workers. They came back to work this week.
    And now this statement from the auto maker:
    So you get a liberal sympathizer as an arbiter and the guy gets is job back. Why in the hell would this even go before an arbiter. The drinker has no case, the employer has proof he was drinking end of story. Fired, done, out of here. Nothing to talk about. Many companies have "0" tolerance policies, and drug testing, what is there to arbitrate? NOTHING
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #38
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Is it an issue to have A beer at lunch?

    I know the evil unions are involved, but what about the over-reaching employers (who want to control ones behavior 24/7 when they only pay 8/7) and the insurance companies who rule by edict (the insurance industry sets automotive safety standards).

    I guess what im saying is how much control are we accepting to eliminate ALL foreseeable risks?

    (Might conceivably cause a problem someday for somebody, better just ban it outright instead of dealing with the hassle of punishing those who actually cause problems)
    I don't think it's excessive to say you cannot drink alcohol before or during work. That's SOP for most companies, regardless of the risks involved with the jobs their employees perform.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #39
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    So you get a liberal sympathizer as an arbiter and the guy gets is job back. Why in the hell would this even go before an arbiter. The drinker has no case, the employer has proof he was drinking end of story. Fired, done, out of here. Nothing to talk about. Many companies have "0" tolerance policies, and drug testing, what is there to arbitrate? NOTHING
    Who gets a liberal sympathizer do you know who appoints the arbiter...it goes in front of an arbiter because believe it or not there are LAWS that have to be followed in this country...we dont allow tyrants to "RULE" others existences untethered and thank god for that. Lastly you nor I have the authority to make the decision who goes to arbitration or not...nice rant but no substance.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,418
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chrysler workers canned for drinking on the job reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I don't think it's excessive to say you cannot drink alcohol before or during work. That's SOP for most companies, regardless of the risks involved with the jobs their employees perform.
    And yet there's a laundry list of prescription drugs people take before and during work that impair one just as bad or worse than a beer.

    Its just that beer is "fun" impairment and fun impairment is "bad" because its fun.

    The whole drug war is based on this mindset.

    I can get behind not getting high enough that your performance suffers at work. You are being paid after all.

    Our current models are based on the simple math that its cheaper to ban behavior outright than to punish actual bad actors.

    And I promise many executives have a glass of wine or a drink with lunch.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •