Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Naw I doubt that.. too many left wing hippies there .. they wont let the right wing get that victory.


    I think you you don't know who you're dealing with. :P

  2. #12
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post


    I think you you don't know who you're dealing with. :P
    LOL those type of left wing wackos are with the right wing ones on the fringe and have zero power
    PeteEU

  3. #13
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Naw I doubt that.. too many left wing hippies there .. they wont let the right wing get that victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I know right, sooner or later the EU Parliament will declare that pizza is a vegetable.
    I would like to remind both of you that the US never declared pizza a vegetable, just that the tomato paste used in the pizza could be considered as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #14
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I would like to remind both of you that the US never declared pizza a vegetable, just that the tomato paste used in the pizza could be considered as such.
    Well yes and no. While it was not directly stated as vegetable, the situation was defacto to state it as such in many ways.

    The rules stated that 1/8th of a cup of tomato paste had the same nutritional value as a half a cup of vegetables.... and that is insane and beyond logic.

    They might not have directly called a pizza a vegetable, but with the same nutritional value of the tomato paste alone as a cup of vegetable... then they might as well have.
    PeteEU

  5. #15
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Well yes and no. While it was not directly stated as vegetable, the situation was defacto to state it as such in many ways.

    The rules stated that 1/8th of a cup of tomato paste had the same nutritional value as a half a cup of vegetables.... and that is insane and beyond logic.

    They might not have directly called a pizza a vegetable, but with the same nutritional value of the tomato paste alone as a cup of vegetable... then they might as well have.
    Not all pizzas are created equal. There are unhealthy pizzas, and healthy ones. My wife and I make our own crust and put lots of vegetables and minimal cheese on our pizzas. Pizza certainly can have a good balance of nutritional substances. If the pizza sauce was analyzed by an unbiased lab, and determined to have, for instance, the same nutritional value as a tomato (being as it was made from a tomato), then I'm not seeing why it would not be a vegetable.

    The Obama administration was trying to have pizza removed from the lunch line, when something like that is absolutely none of the business of the federal government. America is fat, no doubt about it, and the UK isn't exactly the posterboy for skinny. However, healthier bodies are going to require lifestyle changes, and not legislation like NYC's large soda ban.

    (And yes, I know tomatos are technically fruits.)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #16
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Not all pizzas are created equal. There are unhealthy pizzas, and healthy ones. My wife and I make our own crust and put lots of vegetables and minimal cheese on our pizzas. Pizza certainly can have a good balance of nutritional substances. If the pizza sauce was analyzed by an unbiased lab, and determined to have, for instance, the same nutritional value as a tomato (being as it was made from a tomato), then I'm not seeing why it would not be a vegetable.

    The Obama administration was trying to have pizza removed from the lunch line, when something like that is absolutely none of the business of the federal government. America is fat, no doubt about it, and the UK isn't exactly the posterboy for skinny. However, healthier bodies are going to require lifestyle changes, and not legislation like NYC's large soda ban.

    (And yes, I know tomatos are technically fruits.)
    Not the point.. point is they stated that 1/8 of a cup of tomato sauce is the same as a cup of vegetables... and that is wrong.

    We both know that this was only done on the behalf of the pizza food industry, and their links to children's lunch programs. It is all about money..
    PeteEU

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    This leads me to a question. Is this actually true or does rupert have something to do with this?
    Are you a parent?

  8. #18
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Not the point.. point is they stated that 1/8 of a cup of tomato sauce is the same as a cup of vegetables... and that is wrong.
    No it isn't wrong.
    Take a cup of vegetables and grind them up and reduce it's liquid content to the same as tomato paste and you will have your answer.

  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,710

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post


    I think you you don't know who you're dealing with. :P
    And I don't think you know that the OP's headline has already been proven wrong!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #20
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prunes are not a laxative, EU rules

    You want a laxative, just east some KFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •