Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 137

Thread: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

  1. #41
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Hell yes we should. Let him do everything he wants. Let him raise taxes on everyone (which he has stated that he wants to do but the recession has stopped him from doing that) and raise the debt limit. That will effectively kill the economy and bankrupt the country and we can start over and rebuild.

    America is like an 80 year old barn. It is weathered and irreparable. Let Obama throw his gasoline and match into the mix so that we can get to the business of rebuilding what the baby boomers destroyed.
    Obama hasn't said he wants to raise taxes on everyone. I don't know where you got that from.

  2. #42
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You could have fooled me, it seems pretty obvious that he is just obstructing everything that might improve our situation. And it is despite his best efforts that the economy is a good as it is.

    But we are comparing ourselves to other tax and spend nations that are also on the brink or actually failed. Isn't that a lot like the Philidelphia Eagles saying we are doing great because we have won more games than the Chiefs? The total number of jobs is down. The median income is down. Home foreclosures are up. Poverty is up. Food stamp usage is up. You are looking at one inflated number and saying "Yipee!" when the reality is this economy sucks. I, for the life of me, don't know why you are celebrating massive failure.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  3. #43
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    Obama hasn't said he wants to raise taxes on everyone. I don't know where you got that from.
    Do you have a 401K? Do you have stocks? Because if you do, Obama wants to raise taxes on your earnings.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,374

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    But we are comparing ourselves to other tax and spend nations that are also on the brink or actually failed. Isn't that a lot like the Philidelphia Eagles saying we are doing great because we have won more games than the Chiefs? The total number of jobs is down. The median income is down. Home foreclosures are up. Poverty is up. Food stamp usage is up. You are looking at one inflated number and saying "Yipee!" when the reality is this economy sucks. I, for the life of me, don't know why you are celebrating massive failure.
    Those are our major trading partners. who would you compare us to, Communist China?
    You crack me up. We are coming out of the worst recession since 1929 and doing considerably better than our counterparts in Europe. And it is only beginning.

  5. #45
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Do you have a 401K? Do you have stocks? Because if you do, Obama wants to raise taxes on your earnings.
    Still, Obama doesn't want to raise taxes on everyone or on all income. He just wants to raise taxes on income above 250K. I think that is reasonable. We have to raise revenue to spend on creating jobs. Cuttin social programs will not help the economy. The Bush tax cuts were not designed to be perminent to begin with.
    By the way, I don't have stocks or a 401K. I've been spending what I had saved to help my daughter through her rough patch.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Dear conservatives:

    If you won't listen to one word from Ann Coulter in that video, then there's really no point in having this conversation.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #47
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Ann may be considering changing sides since the rightwing noise machine think tanks don't have enough money anymore to subsidizes her falling book sales.
    You all can have her.

  8. #48
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Dear conservatives:

    If you won't listen to one word from Ann Coulter in that video, then there's really no point in having this conversation.
    Didya ever think you'd be telling someone they should be listening to Ann Coulter? It's funny that after years of blasting her, calling her all sorts of obscene names, saying things about her hands (which are a little freakish), all of a sudden, because she's said a few things people like, she has cred. Lol.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Didya ever think you'd be telling someone they should be listening to Ann Coulter? It's funny that after years of blasting her, calling her all sorts of obscene names, saying things about her hands (which are a little freakish), all of a sudden, because she's said a few things people like, she has cred. Lol.
    She gets credit for being the less insane one in that argument.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  10. #50
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    She gets credit for being the less insane one in that argument.
    IOW, she said something you agreed with. /shrug

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •