Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137

Thread: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Much like Bush was not held accountable for anything. In fact the right sings praises of Bush. Sorry, but your messiah Bush left office, I'm glad there are term limits. The fact ANY president isn't held accountable for much of what they do is astounding. That goes for BOTH sides, but then I have a feeling you are one of the right that believes "Their" side is never wrong.
    I'm not a Bush supporter. Never was. Never will be. Besides, you should be praising Bush. His spending set the stage for Obama's. You only demonize him because he's become a convenient scapegoat to excuse Obama's corrupt and inefficient policies, his lying, his reckless spending, ect.

    Notice how you didn't refute a word I said. You simply bleeted "Bush Bush Bush" like a sheep

    Baaaahh

    If Obama was caught eating dead babies and having sex with corpses, you'd blame it on Bush

  2. #112
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Well the last only Tea Party event I went to it was 90% social issues and about 10% fiscal policy. Honestly it was really hard to say what they stood for. They really had no direction. I have my popcorn and like you would love to see what the teabaggers stand for.
    It's not teabaggers, it's the Tea party, which stands for Taxed Enough Already, which is exactly what they stand for along with small limited government.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    It's not teabaggers, it's the Tea party, which stands for Taxed Enough Already, which is exactly what they stand for along with small limited government.
    You do realize taxes are lower than they ever have been ever. No it is the Teabaggers funny thing was that room was lilly white as well!

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    You do realize taxes are lower than they ever have been ever. No it is the Teabaggers funny thing was that room was lilly white as well!
    Lie

    World's Highest Corporate Tax Rate Hurts U.S. Economically - Economic Intelligence (usnews.com)

    United States-based companies and hardworking Americans face a steadily growing problem, one oddly self-imposed by Uncle Sam. Our current tax system puts businesses and workers at a competitive disadvantage in the global market and discourages companies from investing in operations here at home.

    On Sunday, April 1, Japan lowered its corporate tax rate, leaving the United States with the highest effective rate among developed countries: 39.2 percent.
    If we raise taxes on the evil rich it will fund the Government for a week

    We have a spending problem. More than 200B in unfunded liabilities and that mountain of debt grows by the day

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There is some real doubt about that and much of it appears to be legitimate. Of course if you put party ahead of country then it is your best interests to ignore his past or shout down and ridicule those who do have concerns.
    No, there wasn't any doubt except of course by those that were too dumb to realize it. Obama provided proof of birth in the U.S. yet others chose to be ignorant of it because of party line. Of course to those of party line right it wasn't proven. Their asses got handed to them over it as well and proven they were of the same lines as those that thought 9/11 was due to Bush.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Wow!!You made my point for me in the very next paragraph! Don't you think it's in the country's best interest that a candidate is completely qualified to be President of the United States? Why object to questions being raised? The laddy does protest too much, me thinks!
    Nope, I didn't prove your point as Obama was qualified LEGALLY to be president of the U.S. Although I didn't think he should be president of the U.S. for a second term, and I even voted against him by voting Johnson, he is still QUALIFIED LEGALLY.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Muslims believe him to be a Muslim and, according to Islamic law, he is. Of course he was raised in a Marxist home, educated and sympathized with Marxism and many Marxists believe him to be a Marxist. But I suppose Barry Soetoro ain't sayin'.
    I was RAISED Roman Catholic, went to all the schools etc. I do not consider myself to be Roman Catholic. THAT is what is important. Being raised a religion or even recognized by a religion MEANS NOTHING if you do not follow the religion. Even someone lioke you should recognize that fact. It doesn't matter what OTHERS think about you only what YOU BELIEVE.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    My feeling is that every candidates past should be an open book, not a sealed one. I don't understand why anyone would feel otherwise.
    So you believe Romney should have opened up ALL his tax returns do you? Funny how most conservatives believed (and including me) that Romney shouldn't have had to release ALL his tax returns. Why do you feel different about that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's called an ad hominem attack. Of course that doesn't bother me at all but it does waste time. If you disagree with anything said then you can raise the point and we can debate it. That's why we are here, isn't it? Don't we want to challenge each others ideas and opinions to test and validate our own?
    The point of the video was to somehow say that it is ok for division as long as the right is in agreement to it. Why do you feel it is ok for division if YOUR side says it is ok?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    I am not a common man and never claimed to be. I'm a man you don't meet every day.
    You're right. The common person wouldn't believe the lies that are told to them. You are not the common man. I recognize that BOTH sides are at fault. You somehow think YOUR side is not at fault.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    We have the biggest economy in the world other than China so yeah tax rates are going to be higher. However what you fail to show is that most large companies like GE and Exxon pay nothing in taxes. So your point is mute!

    No we have a tax problem as well as a spending problem both problems Republicans started back in the early 80's. Obam plan cuts and raises more than Boneheads plan. I say let all the tax cuts expire. And then cut the military then we can start on the rest.



    If we raise taxes on the evil rich it will fund the Government for a week

    We have a spending problem. More than 200B in unfunded liabilities and that mountain of debt grows by the day[/QUOTE]

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I'm not a Bush supporter. Never was. Never will be.
    Funny I haven't seen you say his presidency was a disaster like it was. Sounds like a Bush supporter to me. Care to prove me wrong and show me where you have faulted Bush in his disaster presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Besides, you should be praising Bush. His spending set the stage for Obama's. You only demonize him because he's become a convenient scapegoat to excuse Obama's corrupt and inefficient policies, his lying, his reckless spending, ect.
    As usual you continue your lies about me as I have in numerous threads (even replying to you) that I have criticized Obama. Which is the reason I didn't vote for Obama this last election. Let me guess though, you believed in the GOP lies and voted Romney.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Notice how you didn't refute a word I said. You simply bleeted "Bush Bush Bush" like a sheep
    Nope I didn't refute what you said, because I said and I quote:

    ....I'm glad there are term limits. The fact ANY president isn't held accountable for much of what they do is astounding. That goes for BOTH sides....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Baaaahh
    Sorry, the only sheep here is you because you don't ever say anything against YOUR side. At least I have the guts to say BOTH sides (really all sides) have issues. YOU are the Sheep. BAAAAAAH

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    If Obama was caught eating dead babies and having sex with corpses, you'd blame it on Bush
    Funny since I have criticized Obama and didn't even vote for him (Along with supporting Romney for not releasing his tax records as I don't think he should have) yet again in replying to YOUR own threads. So the only explanation for your quotes is you are ignorant and haven't read anything I have said or you are a liar. Take your pick.

  8. #118
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    We have the biggest economy in the world other than China so yeah tax rates are going to be higher.
    There is absolutely no relation...
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    However what you fail to show is that most large companies like GE and Exxon pay nothing in taxes. So your point is mute!
    Oil and gas companies are subsidized in order to keep our gas prices low... if they were taxed our gas prices would increase dramatically. It's really those companies fault cause they have almost complete command, but the subsidies are there for you mostly... I don't know the best way of being able to control them unless we literally force those companies to reduce their prices and sell to us against their will (which we pretty much already do to a lesser extent).

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    No we have a tax problem as well as a spending problem both problems Republicans started back in the early 80's. Obam plan cuts and raises more than Boneheads plan. I say let all the tax cuts expire. And then cut the military then we can start on the rest.
    You have to factor in how taxes affect everyone, not just the rich. The rich usually have command of their own incomes and the company and if they aren't getting what they want they will cut jobs and resources in order to do what they want. The money out the their pockets also decreases there spending and investment money which also hurts the economy... so everyone loses in the long run. Our tax brackets need loopholes closed, but no increases.

    It's the same if you would only increase taxes on the poor, it hurts everyone... that means they have less spending money for secondary goods and many rich people and jobs will be lost. Taxes are a necessary evil, but they are no way a method to solve a debt crisis, they hurt the economy to make it even more difficult... The only and best way is to live within your own means, and that is to cut spending.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    There is absolutely no relation... Oil and gas companies are subsidized in order to keep our gas prices low... if they were taxed our gas prices would increase dramatically. It's really those companies fault cause they have almost complete command, but the subsidies are there for you mostly... I don't know the best way of being able to control them unless we literally force those companies to reduce their prices and sell to us against their will (which we pretty much already do to a lesser extent).
    So you support the government subsidizing an industry, yet not another. Sounds like you support the government picking winners and losers which is not a libertarians position. NO company should be receiving government subsidies as the company should rise and fail on its own.

  10. #120
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you support the government subsidizing an industry, yet not another. Sounds like you support the government picking winners and losers which is not a libertarians position. NO company should be receiving government subsidies as the company should rise and fail on its own.
    I don't know if I support it or not... I just know the consequences... It's difficult to apply a strict libertarian opinion on a government that in it's current form largely un-libertarian... and when you do, you need to consider the consequences and the reasons why it's their in the first place. If I were to take out the subsidies for this I would also need to do a lot of other changes as well right with it so the economy doesn't crash, like lift away restrictions on oil here at home.

    It also gets much more complicated when were are talking about a world economy. I am libertarian, but I am U.S.A. biased... I always want the U.S. to prosper in foreign deals and since it is not a level playing field you have to do different things. When a libertarian economy faces something like China for example, it becomes unbalanced, because they exploit their workers and economy.

    Now if everyone sang and rejoiced and everyone played by the same rules, then yea, but since it isn't I always look out for US interest over anything else in my consideration of my opinion.
    Last edited by celticwar17; 12-11-12 at 12:46 AM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •