Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    GM's and other Detroit automaker's failures were in part due to union costs, however there were also several other problems that faced those companies and pretending it was all unions is just silly and obviously comes from the partisan attitude of many here.

    After 101 years, why GM failed - DailyFinance

    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...y_N.htm?csp=34

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    GM's and other Detroit automaker's failures were in part due to union costs, however there were also several other problems that faced those companies and pretending it was all unions is just silly and obviously comes from the partisan attitude of many here.

    After 101 years, why GM failed - DailyFinance

    Seven reasons GM is headed to bankruptcy - USATODAY.com
    The right to work manufacturers seem to be doing all right and GM is failing again.

    Perhaps they need Barrack Obama's hands on experience in running a multi-billion dollar international industry, all learned despite being very busy in organizing communities.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The right to work manufacturers seem to be doing all right and GM is failing again.

    Perhaps they need Barrack Obama's hands on experience in running a multi-billion dollar international industry, all learned despite being very busy in organizing communities.
    If you're just going to focus on one issue you're volunteering to be ignorant

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    If you're just going to focus on one issue you're volunteering to be ignorant
    What issue would you prefer to focus on?

    What others issues do you feel led to the collapse of a city that was once the envy of the world?

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What issue would you prefer to focus on?

    What others issues do you feel led to the collapse of a city that was once the envy of the world?
    Well we aren't talking about the city we were talking about GM, and I think you missed my point about issues. Its not a single issues that led to GM's downfall, its several, therefore I don't want to focus on a single issue which is why I posted those links.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well we aren't talking about the city we were talking about GM, and I think you missed my point about issues. Its not a single issues that led to GM's downfall, its several, therefore I don't want to focus on a single issue which is why I posted those links.
    Yes, we were talking about GM but I'm no longer interested and have nothing more to add to what I said earlier.

    I got your point, it's just that found it uninteresting and not worthwhile discussing.

    The topic of the thread is Detroit, not GM.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, we were talking about GM but I'm no longer interested and have nothing more to add to what I said earlier.

    I got your point, it's just that found it uninteresting and not worthwhile discussing.

    The topic of the thread is Detroit, not GM.
    Well the city failed in no small part because the auto companies failed, and why did they fail brings us back to what we are talking about.

    Go on, I believe you were going to continue on how nothing else matters besides the unions.

  8. #38
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    besides which, Hondas and Toyotas, unlike most of the GM models, are well designed and reliable. That's the real difference, so what do unions have to do with that? Are unions designing vehicles now?
    At Government Motors, it's probably a combination of bureaucrats and unions. How else to explain something as silly as the Volt?
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #39
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well we aren't talking about the city we were talking about GM, and I think you missed my point about issues. Its not a single issues that led to GM's downfall, its several, therefore I don't want to focus on a single issue which is why I posted those links.
    I wish the left would take that approach when discussing climate change, instead of focusing solely on CO2. But for auto manufacturing, a simple comparison between union shops and non-union shops shows that the unions are at least a, if not the, major problem.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #40
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: State Laying Groundwork for Managed Bankruptcy in Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well the city failed in no small part because the auto companies failed, and why did they fail brings us back to what we are talking about.

    Go on, I believe you were going to continue on how nothing else matters besides the unions.
    The city failed because they thought the goose would go on laying golden eggs forever. They were wrong, and the city will have to adapt or die. it is unfortunate that Jerry Brown is probably not paying attention.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •