Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way. The issue of SSM meets many people who are more sensitive than others. I suppose I grew a thicker skin over time.
    Oh believe me, your insults were not that good. i just take issue with you claiming you are supposedly pro-gay while making insulting remarks at them. Then you try and tell them they are being too thin skinned because they call you out on your lies while you pretend you were being a nice guy. You were a homophobic smart ass, so own up to it and be one. However, if you want to try and stand next to me and tell me you are my friend expect a good nature boot in your ass. Please stop being so butthurt about that because it makes you seem a bit oversensitive. I am just trying to give you a friendly little reminder that you are a jerk just like me. All your whining is just annoying so be yourself from now on, and quit your lying. Either that or stop being so butthurt about things.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Oh believe me, your insults were not that good. i just take issue with you claiming you are supposedly pro-gay while making insulting remarks at them. Then you try and tell them they are being too thin skinned because they call you out on your lies while you pretend you were being a nice guy. You were a homophobic smart ass, so own up to it and be one. However, if you want to try and stand next to me and tell me you are my friend expect a good nature boot in your ass. Please stop being so butthurt about that because it makes you seem a bit oversensitive. I am just trying to give you a friendly little reminder that you are a jerk just like me. All your whining is just annoying so be yourself from now on, and quit your lying. Either that or stop being so butthurt about things.
    I'm just not going to participate in such a low level of discussion with you. Have a good evening

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm just not going to participate in such a low level of discussion with you. Have a good evening
    Ok, if you don't want to participate in the level of conversation you started by making unfounded insults at the gay community that is your choice. Don't go away mad, just go away. It is not my fault I am better than you and you are so easily butthurt by your own game.

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't care about your source because I'm not having that argument. You like to make claims without sourcing them, and if challenged you will do a quick Google search, but that doesn't change the fact that you spoke from bias, offering evidence only when called on your bias.
    You're right Jerry. You don't want to have THAT argument. You want to derail the topic into a liberal vs. conservative issue. Now tell us... why is THAT?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Divorce has nothing to do with SSM. It has to do with all relationships that result in marriage, so separating it out to SSM is non-sensical.

    Now, the premise that Jerry has presented is that the problem with the 50% divorce rate is that divorce harms the children involved. Jerry is sometimes correct on this. However, at times, divorce HELPS the children, especially when the alternative is to live in a two-parent household where both parents are warring... or one parent is too weak to divorce the other. Though in the big picture, divorce might not be optimal, as I have often said, even a single/divorced parent household is preferable to a two-parent household that is unsafe. And parents who are constantly fighting is just that... unsafe for the children.

    Now, what is the solution? I agree that mandatory couples counseling prior to marriage would lower the divorce rate and reduce unhappy home situations. It's not a perfect solution, but it might have a positive impact.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    I just wanna know one thing.

    Will the flaming homosexual parades stop now?

  7. #57
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Look at this. And yet you choose to marry another man? Please, say it ain't so! What's even worse is that they're celebrating.


    Edited for content
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 12-07-12 at 05:29 AM.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I hear you, that's why I'm not far from just saying 'shut it down'. If you don't need a permit to carry a gun then why should need a license to marry? That was just don to track taxes anyway.

    The other side of the coin is, if one state's marriage license is good in every state, then my CCW should also be good in every state.

    A little consistency is all I ask for.
    That's not the case by any stretch of the imagination. States are not required to recognize the marriages preformed by another state, whether they are heterosexual or homosexual, of course everyone recognizes the heterosexual marriages but most do not recognize the homosexual ones.

  9. #59
    Advisor JRog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-20-12 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    569

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well one thing we can agree on is that gays have no interest in any notion that marriage is sacred. I agree.
    Perhaps no more or less than heterosexual couples. Hard to listen to some of these conservative opponents arguing about the sanctity of marriage, while standing next to their third of fourth wife. The importance of marriage is a personal issue. I hold my marriage to be very sacred, but that's not to say that you or someone else does.

  10. #60
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Gay marriage in Washington state: 279 licenses in first six hours

    Congrats to the people of Washington and their expansion of freedom. This should never have been a freedom to vote on, however I am glad that when the people were faced with an option to vote away freedom, they choose not to.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •