Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

  1. #31
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I remember. That was when you were using that as an argument against those of us here who complained about how bad Bush was in implementing the Patriot Act. And you are right. You didn't have much to say about the Patriot Act then. But you are jumping all over Obama for his unconstitutional abuse of power. Looks like the D after Obama's name is what made it such an important issue for you this time.

    Nice try though.
    I doubt you remember because it's not something I eagerly posted about... but... seeing as Obama is such a person of the Parasites... I mean people... he's had four years and had control of both houses to act on this.

    Why hasn't... didn't he do anything?

    I jumped on Obama for his idiotic class warfare/Parasite Nation view of the world, his naive world view, and in the OP for his Fast & Furious stance on the 2nd Amendment.

    I don't mind surveillance... of terroristas... The Patriot Act wasn't designed to harvest all our correspondence. But... government being government... it's abused its power. This is why government should be limited... but what it is is omni-present and omni-potent... and Obama wants to make it more so... with roids.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #32
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, ignoring the silly "Obama wants to take your guns away" comment, stories like this have me wondering how much things like isp proxies really work. I looked into them and thought to myself, "Man there must be a thousand ways around this thing."
    Go back and read Obama's history on gun control... and what was the government's gun running in Fast & Furious designed to do?

    Silly... is being a Kool-Aider.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #33
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Go back and read Obama's history on gun control... and what was the government's gun running in Fast & Furious designed to do?

    Silly... is being a Kool-Aider.
    Yes, okay. Obama has really made gun confiscation a central point of his presidency. Oh, sorry, autocorrect fail. I meant to say "Obama is utterly bored by the gun debate, doesn't partake in it, and has no intention of having anything to do with guns whatsoever."

  4. #34
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes, okay. Obama has really made gun confiscation a central point of his presidency. Oh, sorry, autocorrect fail. I meant to say "Obama is utterly bored by the gun debate, doesn't partake in it, and has no intention of having anything to do with guns whatsoever."
    He doesn't have to make it central... in fact... stealth is the best way. Go back and read his history on the 2nd Amendment.
    J'us deux ette.

    Tell me... what was the purpose of Fast & Furious and why did Holder lie?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #35
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I doubt you remember because it's not something I eagerly posted about... but... seeing as Obama is such a person of the Parasites... I mean people... he's had four years and had control of both houses to act on this.

    Why hasn't... didn't he do anything?

    I jumped on Obama for his idiotic class warfare/Parasite Nation view of the world, his naive world view, and in the OP for his Fast & Furious stance on the 2nd Amendment.

    I don't mind surveillance... of terroristas... The Patriot Act wasn't designed to harvest all our correspondence. But... government being government... it's abused its power. This is why government should be limited... but what it is is omni-present and omni-potent... and Obama wants to make it more so... with roids.
    Actually, what Obama is doing is an extension of THIS ACT, signed by Bush. Yes, Democrats were complicit too, and I loathe them as well, but once again, I didn't hear a peep from you when Bush passed this law. You were too busy making it your mission to bash Democrats only, while praising Republicans.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #36
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, what Obama is doing is an extension of THIS ACT, signed by Bush. Yes, Democrats were complicit too, and I loathe them as well, but once again, I didn't hear a peep from you when Bush passed this law. You were too busy making it your mission to bash Democrats only, while praising Republicans.
    Hey... I was supportive of surveillance of terrorists, and believed to do that to a US citizen required a court order; it was easier to get due to lower courts being able to issue it... which was OK by me.

    Where is the press? And where are the rent-a-mobs?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #37
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, what Obama is doing is an extension of THIS ACT, signed by Bush. Yes, Democrats were complicit too, and I loathe them as well, but once again, I didn't hear a peep from you when Bush passed this law. You were too busy making it your mission to bash Democrats only, while praising Republicans.

    Wait....you want us to work for a better America and pass up the chance to bash politicians on the opposite side of the fence at every opportunity?

  8. #38
    Advisor JRog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-20-12 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    569

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Is it just me or is this something that we all knew anyway? We do a better job monitoring US citizens than we do monitoring foreign terrorists.

  9. #39
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by JRog View Post
    Is it just me or is this something that we all knew anyway? We do a better job monitoring US citizens than we do monitoring foreign terrorists.
    It should be the other way around. Time to vote in new government. 1/3rd populace vote vs 1/3rd "court stuff" votes vs 1/3rd "current establishment defenders"

    To work for the government/as a representative you'd have to agree to be spied on by the people 100%. No secret deals. No special lobbies. President and all that jazz can be under current establishment defenders. All 3 have to be in agreement. Eventually problems get solved?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #40
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: 'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Hey... I was supportive of surveillance of terrorists, and believed to do that to a US citizen required a court order; it was easier to get due to lower courts being able to issue it... which was OK by me.

    Where is the press? And where are the rent-a-mobs?
    No, read the link. It was warrantless.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •