Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

  1. #41
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Careful what you assume about people, you know how that can make you look.

    On that same line of thought, where's the check from Romney or any other conservative? We see just as many conservatives writing checks to the government as we do the liberals.
    Only because they have to, but I don't see anyone making out a huge check to Big daddy government because he/she thinks they need more of his/her money.

    Careful what I assume, do you not know you have yourself listed as "slightly liberal" I assume nothing, and I said maybe your a lot liberal. Again assuming nothing. Maybe you should quit assuming.
    Last edited by Born Free; 12-05-12 at 06:03 PM.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #42
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,834

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    According to ol' girl, The Honorable I Can't Remember His Name went to Washington and came back with some jack.

    She's the average Obama supporter...looking for the handout.
    No, just the average uneducated idiot who made horrendous decisions in their job and failed miserably.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #43
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    yeah, that is the problem. they didn't do it alone and the society that allowed them to do what they did costs money. Otherwise you would be tending your garden with your family and have spear ready for when others come and try to take your food. The society we exist in is an environment which needs support, and it existed way before we did. You think way to highly of yourself.
    Do you really believe in your own convoluted logic?

    Just wondering...
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #44
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Only because they have to, but I don't see anyone making out a huge check to Big daddy government because he/she thinks they need more of his/her money.

    Careful what I assume, do you not know you have yourself listed as "slightly liberal" I assume nothing, and I said maybe your a lot liberal. Again assuming nothing. Maybe you should quit assuming.
    The assumption you made is that because I lean slightly liberal, that I expect handouts from the government. It's a wrong assumption.
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So your argument is that it is society that has the rights and not the individual. At least I know where you stand. But like most liberals you ignore the fact that most of what the federal government does is transfer money from one persons hand to anothers.

    Exactly.

    And the more money that is given out as welfare means there is less money to be given as subsidies to the corporations that really need it.

  6. #46
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,398

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    No, just the average uneducated idiot who made horrendous decisions in their job and failed miserably.
    She's an elected member of the city council and his a Liberal Democrat...lot's of'em in this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #47
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,834

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She's an elected member of the city council and his a Liberal Democrat...lot's of'em in this country.
    NO, there plenty of uneducated idiots from both parties to share in the shame of their stupidity.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #48
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Ummm, they are already taxed more than the rich. You are aware of that right? they already pay. I say they, when it should be we. unless you are one of the rich you are pretty much just voting for a pipe dream. I might be rich someday so I won't want to pay taxes. I guess i will vote to make it so rich people don't have to pay taxes just in case someday i am rich. That is selfish and it makes no sense. At least the people voting for handouts for themselves make sense to me. You are supporting a handout to people who do not need it and are not you. Where did your logic train derail?
    Exactly how are they taxed more than the 'rich'?

    Oh, I get it, they don't have earned income credits, any type of government assistance, or any other program that is paid for via taxation.

    What small amount they pay in sales tax, they get back and then some in EIC and assistance programs.

    My post has nothing to do with thinking I'll be 'rich' one day, I'm perfectly happy where I am monetarily, Thank you. It has to do with who carries the heaviest tax burden, dollar for dollar, and who actually uses the programs that those tax dollars pay for.

    If people who love to scream that the rich need to pay their 'fare share' stopped and looked at who actually uses those tax dollars, perhaps they may realize who is actually paying their fare share.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,398

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    NO, there plenty of uneducated idiots from both parties to share in the shame of their stupidity.
    Never said otherwise. However, the idots--educated and uneducate--are far more dangerous to the country's well being, as proven by this broad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,439
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    What's the difference between this and the Republicans wanting to elect Romney because he would not wipe out the tax cuts for the wealthy?
    Me loves this mate... because it shows how poisoned the Socialist Left is.
    Why don't we all pay the same rate? Why? Because folks like you love class warfare. You see... Romney earned HIS money... Parasite Nation wants government to steal it from folks and give it to them.
    "Spread the wealth around." Socialism.

    Why not try getting on the boat and everyone blowing into the same side of the sail.
    Liberty... equal under the eyes of the law... I'm 100% for it. I am not for progressive taxation... punishment of success that's right out of the Communist Manifesto.
    You seem to be for Parasite Nation. Hey! At least we know where you stand... blow that horn champ!
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •