Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    And when the 'rich' have given up even more money for services they don't use, and it has not satisfied the the debt or the ever-growing assistance programs, who do you think they will turn to next?

    If they're going to raise taxes, do it across the board.... an arbitrary number picked from the sky to appease those that don't pay the majority taxes, how about they feel the pinch also.... reduce their entitlements..... and see how loud they scream....
    Ummm, they are already taxed more than the rich. You are aware of that right? they already pay. I say they, when it should be we. unless you are one of the rich you are pretty much just voting for a pipe dream. I might be rich someday so I won't want to pay taxes. I guess i will vote to make it so rich people don't have to pay taxes just in case someday i am rich. That is selfish and it makes no sense. At least the people voting for handouts for themselves make sense to me. You are supporting a handout to people who do not need it and are not you. Where did your logic train derail?

  2. #32
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Ummm, they are already taxed more than the rich. You are aware of that right? they already pay. I say they, when it should be we. unless you are one of the rich you are pretty much just voting for a pipe dream. I might be rich someday so I won't want to pay taxes. I guess i will vote to make it so rich people don't have to pay taxes just in case someday i am rich. That is selfish and it makes no sense. At least the people voting for handouts for themselves make sense to me. You are supporting a handout to people who do not need it and are not you. Where did your logic train derail?
    Allowing people to keep what is rightfully their own is now a 'handout?' Yes, there has certainly been a derailment of the logic train all right. And someone had a window seat.

  3. #33
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,841

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    ""Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that," said Watson. "Of course, not just that, but why not?"

    I think quid quo pro pretty much explains it.
    Yea, I heard that, but honestly she was just running her mouth.
    The kind of true reference was to Carter bringing home the bacon, whatever that meant.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Allowing people to keep what is rightfully their own is now a 'handout?' Yes, there has certainly been a derailment of the logic train all right. And someone had a window seat.
    yeah, that is the problem. they didn't do it alone and the society that allowed them to do what they did costs money. Otherwise you would be tending your garden with your family and have spear ready for when others come and try to take your food. The society we exist in is an environment which needs support, and it existed way before we did. You think way to highly of yourself.

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Yea, I heard that, but honestly she was just running her mouth.
    The kind of true reference was to Carter bringing home the bacon, whatever that meant.
    You seriously don't know what that meant??
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    yeah, that is the problem. they didn't do it alone and the society that allowed them to do what they did costs money. Otherwise you would be tending your garden with your family and have spear ready for when others come and try to take your food. The society we exist in is an environment which needs support, and it existed way before we did. You think way to highly of yourself.
    So your argument is that it is society that has the rights and not the individual. At least I know where you stand. But like most liberals you ignore the fact that most of what the federal government does is transfer money from one persons hand to anothers. The police protection that allows me to put down my 'spear' costs all of 2% of my income. The 39.6% that you want the government to take from the evil rich does what for them exactly?

  7. #37
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,841

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You seriously don't know what that meant??
    No, I am not aware of carter taking any money to Detroit.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    No, I am not aware of carter taking any money to Detroit.
    According to ol' girl, The Honorable I Can't Remember His Name went to Washington and came back with some jack.

    She's the average Obama supporter...looking for the handout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    yeah, that is the problem. they didn't do it alone and the society that allowed them to do what they did costs money. Otherwise you would be tending your garden with your family and have spear ready for when others come and try to take your food. The society we exist in is an environment which needs support, and it existed way before we did. You think way to highly of yourself.
    Welfare didn't help anyone do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Isn't it wonderful to see PARASITE NATION crawl out of its hole and demand some "bacon" for their votes.
    Y'know... some quid pro quo. Our vote... for some of the stash.

    They voted not for Liberty... No, no, no... Not liberty... but "bacon"... OPM (Other People's Money... Honey).

    That's our Parasite Nation.

    It's time to pay up America... Parasite Nation has come a call'in!

    Welcome to Parasite Nation
    It's not what your country can do for you,
    it's what your country can thieve for you... doo-dah, doo-dah...


    Commercial Interlude
    Support your Parasite Nation.
    Demand someone pay for your crapola today!
    Because... They didn't build that.

    Brought to you by the Union Of Soviet Socialists of Amerika.

    Legal Disclaimer:
    We do not take responsibility
    for failures due to socialism.
    Next time elect a leader who
    can implement the system.
    Suckers.
    Good. See now you used the parasite nation notions in a proper context. Using it to describe other things like the welfare state or healthcare or such is not an adequate representation.

    Keep up the pace and thank you for the news.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •